PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen tour cancelled.

WARF
03-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Tour Cancelled (http://thegirlfromtheghetto.wordpress.com/2008/03/02/breaking-news-the-van-halen-tour-has-been-cancelled/)

Whew... I am so lucky I got tickets for the final show in Ft. Lauderdale 2/20/08.

WARF
03-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=92026)
Tour cancelled.

philouze
03-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Now, if you please, I'm gonna commit suicide. Thank you. It was a pleasure, pals..

WARF
03-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Dude... I fucking witnessed the END OF VAN HALEN...
And didn't even know it...
I knew Eddie was fucking drunk...
WOW!

Terry
03-02-2008, 08:06 PM
It might not necessarily be the end of Van Halen, though.

Possibly Ed just needs a rest. Or another stretch of drying out.

And there's the possibility that the band could take advantage of the down-time to come up with some new material...at the very least, the tour proved that Roth and EVH could work together again.

It's just kind of a real shame Ed started to disintegrate a bit live as the tour went on, because those pre-tour rehearsals and the first half of the tour saw him coming on like gangbusters, ya' know?

Douglas T.
03-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by WARF
Dude... I fucking witnessed the END OF VAN HALEN...
And didn't even know it...
I knew Eddie was fucking drunk...
WOW!

Twice now ... once in '85 and now!

WARF
03-02-2008, 08:09 PM
No way dude...
I was in the front row...
Dave and Eddie exchanged some words on stage near the end...
Dave looked pissed...
Then after Jump...
Eddie knocked over an amp...
And almost hit Dave...

GaPeach64
03-02-2008, 08:13 PM
So far all those links are just saying what was released on TMZ. They broadcast a Sunday night show here in Atlanta. Maybe I will see it.

Douglas T.
03-02-2008, 08:15 PM
TMZ that's a reliable source! :rolleyes: But looks like it might be true! seeing ed's actions recently!

Douglas T.
03-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by WARF
No way dude...
I was in the front row...
Dave and Eddie exchanged some words on stage near the end...
Dave looked pissed...
Then after Jump...
Eddie knocked over an amp...
And almost hit Dave...

Would have been a classic moment to see live! Sorry you had to go thru it! I see therapy in the future for you? Shocking and disturbing! Maybe we can all claim some insanity over this!

GaPeach64
03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
TMZ that's a reliable source! :rolleyes: But looks like it might be true! seeing ed's actions recently!

Well, they tend to get to the bottom of things. I think they have spies every where. They also seem good to correct bad information as well. I've seen them do that on their TV show.

POJO_Risin
03-02-2008, 09:58 PM
The only thing sure in this life...

is death...

taxes...

and Van Halen implosions...

gunsnmotley
03-02-2008, 10:07 PM
it is NOT roth people its Eddie and his drinking...I think you would figure that out by now...

Little Lamont
03-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Nothing's cancelled on Ticketmaster. Looks like Dallas is on tomorrow night. I bet this is all BS.

SNIPER
03-02-2008, 10:26 PM
We can get proof. If you live in Dallas drive to The AA Center and scope out the scene. should be tour busses and semi trucks there now.. go go go!!!

Little Lamont
03-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Yeah, Dallas people, let us know what's up. It's still on on the AAC website:

http://www.americanairlinescenter.com/

NATEDOG001976
03-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Little Lamont
Nothing's cancelled on Ticketmaster. Looks like Dallas is on tomorrow night. I bet this is all BS.

Good point, I think they would have something.

Matt White
03-02-2008, 10:43 PM
http://www.melodicrock.com/

VAN HALEN TOUR CANCELLED:
Gossip website TMZ.com is reporting all remaining 2008 Van Halen tour dates have been cancelled.

I can confirm, 100% that this is absolutely correct and there will be no further live shows at this time. We can get to the reasons behind this decision in a later update - but right now I can confirm that the tour is off, but I'm told that there is still some hope that dates might be rescheduled at a later date (to be determined at some other point in time...).
I can add that any possible issues with vocalist David Lee Roth are not behind the tour cancellation.

More music news later today...

If its a hoax...its a good one:mad:

GaPeach64
03-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Thank God I got to see my show.....

Nitro Express
03-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Ed was fucked up and playing like shit that last few shows. I think Valerie publicaly coming out with some dirt in her book bugged Ed to the point where he started drinking again. Just my guess since the guy has been fine until Val's book has come out.

Get over the bitch Ed. Tell Wolf his mom was a cheating whore.

Nitro Express
03-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
The only thing sure in this life...

is death...

taxes...

and Van Halen implosions...

LOL!

David Lee Rocks
03-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by philouze
Now, if you please, I'm gonna commit suicide. Thank you. It was a pleasure, pals.. they aint worth it

David Lee Rocks
03-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Good point, I think they would have something. i have tickets for Dallas tommorow night, i sure hope so

David Lee Rocks
03-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by GaPeach64
Thank God I got to see my show..... thank God is right, I saw 3 shows!! 2 of them were nothin short of spectacular!!

WARF
03-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by SNIPER
If you live in Dallas drive to The AA Center

Maybe Ed should have driven there!

RAY4583
03-02-2008, 11:20 PM
As a staunch Sammy supporter, I have but one thing to say regarding the new of the tour's cancellation: BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

NATEDOG001976
03-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by RAY4583
As a staunch Sammy supporter, I have but one thing to say regarding the new of the tour's cancellation: BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Dumb homo! Go watch the boring Spammy show's...and yes I've had to see that crap live, very said indeed! No one should have to sit through that crap, EVER!!

jhale667
03-03-2008, 02:26 AM
As a staunch Sammy supporter, I have but one thing to say:

I'M HUNGRY FOR THE COCK!

Shocker. :rolleyes:

binnie
03-03-2008, 02:36 AM
So what are our chances of getting a new album? :D

gunnyhighway
03-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Terry
It might not necessarily be the end of Van Halen, though.

Possibly Ed just needs a rest. Or another stretch of drying out.

i agree! it might be the end or it might not. as yoda would say: with VH, hard to see the future is...:-) but seriously i too think that Ed shoud have stayed longer in the rehab until full recovery. IMO the tour started too early considering his fragile condition, or the tour should have ended in december. then ed would have had the time to recharge his batteries for a summer tour 2008. i think he just overestimated his endurance. i guess the last concerts proved that he had growing problems keeping up with such a demanding tour. i hope he gets better!

jero
03-03-2008, 04:14 AM
........that sucks

gunnyhighway
03-03-2008, 04:26 AM
....whatever you do, DONT give Ed a bottle of anything...!

fryingdutchman
03-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Ed was fucked up and playing like shit that last few shows. I think Valerie publicaly coming out with some dirt in her book bugged Ed to the point where he started drinking again. Just my guess since the guy has been fine until Val's book has come out.

Get over the bitch Ed. Tell Wolf his mom was a cheating whore.

My thought exactly, Nitro.

Val has gone on record in years past saying that their relationship became more like "brother/sister" then "husband/wife", and perhaps Eddie can't deal with the realities that came out in this book.

The cheating cunt pulls no punches, and I don't think that Ed handles brutal honesty too well...opting instead to dive into a bottle.

Has anyone checked the stock prices of Smoking Loon? That will tell whether the tour rumors are true...

fryingdutchman
03-03-2008, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by gunnyhighway
....whatever you do, DONT give Ed a bottle of anything...!

Or a glazed donut......TO GO!

fryingdutchman
03-03-2008, 05:06 AM

Asshole....still basking in the memories of the "completed" 2004 tour with your tequila-hero Spammy?

Every show on that tour was complete and utter SHIT.

I'll take an incomplete tour with Dave in which the vast majority of shows were stellar over a "complete" shit tour with Spammy any day.

Shut your cock garage, you stupid gimp. Put the fucking ball gag back in your mouth and the funnel in your asshole so that your boyfriend my recommence pouring tequila and hot sauce into your waiting manhole.

binnie
03-03-2008, 05:17 AM
It's just sad.

There's really not a lot else to say.

if6was9
03-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Are the european shows cancelled as well?
;)

DavidLeeNatra
03-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by if6was9
;)

as well as the honk kong dates, I guess...

jztbcz
03-03-2008, 09:04 AM
I knew while watching the press conference announcing the reunion
that if they overstayed the initial tour that this would happen.

1: Way too many shows without breaking up the setlist..
( that was ALWAYS their biggest flaw since the Fair Warning tour )
I saw them 9 times between 1979 and 1981 with every set being
different from the show before. ????

2: Eddie just doesn't have the drinking in check and Val still has him
psychologically tapped for sure. ( a shame indeed ).

3: It's ALL good though, they could use the time wisely and then make it right if they choose to.

4: Dry Ed out, write some killer tunes and then tour with them ......
.......... Hiatus ain't so bad. it just helps you clear your head

" You see the thing about dirty movies, is that I have heard that
when you go to them, you can catch bugs from the seats" ... DLR - 81

:D

DLR'sCock
03-03-2008, 09:05 AM
The dates are still on the website, and you can still buy a ticket @ ticketmaster.

indeedido
03-03-2008, 09:24 AM
All I can say mirrors everyone else. I did get to see the OKC show, one of the best shows of the tours by all accounts. I'm thankful for that. I suspect Ed is upset with Val's book tour, if not he's just drinking because he's an alkie and just can't quit.

indeedido
03-03-2008, 09:27 AM
My other thought is that Ed rushed out too soon after rehab. Too much pressure on him too soon. He's a people pleaser. If he tries to rehab again, he's going to need to take more time off. Album writing may be too much pressure for him too.

VanHalener
03-03-2008, 10:01 AM

FUCK YOU

YOU BALL LICKING JIZZ SWALLOWING

WORTHLESS SHEEP!

GET OFF YOUR HAGAR BLOW UP DOLL AND INSERT A LARGE KITCHEN KNIFE INTO YOU THROAT.

EAT SHIT AND DIE...

MORE LATER...

Vinnie Velvet
03-03-2008, 10:04 AM
They are probably not adding any more dates beyond what is already confirmed or on sale.

So, the tour may be over, but by the end of April, certianly not now.

However, this is Van Halen, so anything is possible. :D

If this has something to do with Val's recent appearances and her book, she is a fucking bitch to do all of that well knowing how fragile Ed is and how fast he can degenerate and head for the bottle.

If she didn't care about Ed, at least she could've taken Wolf into account as to how that would've affected him.

At least I got to see the Minneapolis show.

jero
03-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by if6was9
;)

That is not funny! ;)

WACF
03-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Fuck...these guys are all grown ups.

Ed cheated...Val cheated....I really doubt a guy with his level of low integrity would really be bothered by her or her book.

The guy is a knob and a drunk...the drunk part is going to be a battle for the rest of his life.

He fell off the wagon....no more to it than that.

WACF
03-03-2008, 10:56 AM
...and BTW....thank Christ I travelled to see them....

DavidLeeNatra
03-03-2008, 11:06 AM
ed falls off the wagon for any given reason...sam and mikey are badmothing him...let's have a drink...the guitar sounds not good...make it double...val is talking about him...forget about the drinks, I'll take the bottle...

jeeeeeeeeez....

DLR'sCock
03-03-2008, 11:51 AM
I just called the American Airlines Center box office 15 minutes ago, and the rep there told me that the show tonight in Dallas is still on.

So hopefully this story is bogus.

Bob Brubake
03-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Damn. I got screwed out of the Van Halen show in St. Louis in October, hung on to the tickets for the rescheduled show March 30, now it looks like thats off as well. I'll wait until I get official confirmation, but if the tour is called off, I'm gonna get my refund minus the ticket-bastard charges.

I've just about had it with the Van Halen soap opera. I've followed this band since 1980. I saw my first concert w/Van Halen in 1984. I was hoping to see the classic Van Halen(minus Mike) just one more time.

Not looking good.

bueno bob
03-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by WACF
Fuck...these guys are all grown ups.

You know, I used to think so. Frankly, though, I've seen more maturity out of my 8 year old then I have out of Van Halen (and by Van Halen I mean ALL MEMBERS) since 1985.

VH ONE
03-03-2008, 12:17 PM
DLR and his bodyguard as we speak are in at Dallas Ft Worth Airport leaving in about an hour to go back to California.... I'm afraid the rumors are true, and tonights show WILL be canceled as well.

bueno bob
03-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by VH ONE
DLR and his bodyguard as we speak are in at Dallas Ft Worth Airport leaving in about an hour to go back to California.... I'm afraid the rumors are true, and tonights show WILL be canceled as well.

You work there?

I'm in an unusual position...if the tour goes on, I'm not surprised, if it's cancelled...I'm STILL not surprised...

WACF
03-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
You work there?

I'm in an unusual position...if the tour goes on, I'm not surprised, if it's cancelled...I'm STILL not surprised...

I hear ya....

Susie Q
03-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Whatever the case here...The main thing is that Van Halen back together was documented by the fans and their bootlegs. (For those who have not seen the second coming.)

bueno bob
03-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Thing is, though, objectively, time will tell one way or the other. It's possible that it's cancelled, true, but until they announce something on the website or do some sort of press release, it could just be a case of Ed needing to dry up...while that scenario is very likely, since they're on extra credit time tour-wise, it's more likely that they're just done.

Bring on the Mitch Malloy reunion! :D

Vinnie Velvet
03-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Thing is, though, objectively, time will tell one way or the other. It's possible that it's cancelled, true, but until they announce something on the website or do some sort of press release, it could just be a case of Ed needing to dry up...while that scenario is very likely, since they're on extra credit time tour-wise, it's more likely that they're just done.

Bring on the Mitch Malloy reunion! :D

Well, at least it went as far as it did.

And overall, despite some shows, the energy and excitement was back at a Van Halen show.

It could've been worse. There could've been just a "one-off" show and that's it.

78/84 guy
03-03-2008, 12:43 PM
I was pissed at Ed for being a no show at the hall of shame deal. But I hope he can really get it together this time if it's true he is having problems. He played great in Minnesota. It's really kind of sad that he can't stay clean for more than 6 months at a time. I would kill to know if Ed & Dave are pissed at each other right now !!! We lost Jeff Healey sunday night to cancer !! I really don't want to hear about losing Ed because he couldn't keep it together !! Hey Ed start thinking about your young son !!!!

kastco
03-03-2008, 12:47 PM
It just seems weird that they would be adding shows and rescheduling shows as recently as a couple of days ago. Certainly if this tour was ending they would have known by then. Now the guy calls the arena and they say the show is still on. That has to mean that the crew is there setting up the stage and lighting since that takes hours to complete. It would be a little hard to believe their own crew doesn't know the tour is cancelled. It certainly would not be the first time we got some shit assed news that turns out to be bullshit. I guess tonight will tell all. Tomorrow we can either laugh over the bullshit info or wipe our eyes and hope for the best in the next 12 months or so.

bueno bob
03-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by 78/84 guy
Hey Ed start thinking about your young son !!!!

Ed doesn't think about anything other than where his next bottle is coming from. He's been that way for YEARS, and it's unlikely that he's ever going to change. All the intervention in the world isn't going to do him a bit of good if it's available every night backstage for free.

That's just reality.

Vinnie Velvet
03-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Ed doesn't think about anything other than where his next bottle is coming from. He's been that way for YEARS, and it's unlikely that he's ever going to change. All the intervention in the world isn't going to do him a bit of good if it's available every night backstage for free.

That's just reality.

Yup.

Ed's drinking abuse led to the breakup of CVH in '85 and led him to start writing crap for the Van Hagar years which then led to that band's demise and the hiring of a fourth singer with an eventual album and tour that tanked.

Things haven't been rosey for years.

pismo10
03-03-2008, 01:28 PM
The tell all biography of the ex wife sent him into a drinking rampage. There is always a women inches behind every great man trying to destroy him.

DavidLeeNatra
03-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by VH ONE

gimme a break, BB...you can do better than that... ;)

bueno bob
03-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by pismo10
The tell all biography of the ex wife sent him into a drinking rampage. There is always a women inches behind every great man trying to destroy him.

That's not Val's fault. She's entitled to make a living too, and writing the book probably cleared her of a lot of personal demons. Ed's job was to decide how to deal with it (as is ANY man's job when he has a woman in his past that haunts him, and show me ANY man who doesn't...I dare ya...).

It's Ed's fault, IF that's indeed the case, and fault belongs to no one else. Ed is a piece of shit, he's always been a piece of shit, and he's never going to change.

Genius guitarist...once. Piece of human shit...always.

That's reality.

pismo10
03-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Val is trying to cash in on the reunion as well. If she had released this book 5 years ago she would have sold none. NOw that VH is hot again she is sucking on the kneecaps.

Ellyllions
03-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I've got a call in to someone who will know for sure.
I'll post when I get a response.

Supernaut73
03-03-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm going to tonights Dallas show. The local radio stations have confirmed on air the show is still happening. I called AAC, they said it's still happening. If I show up to a cancelled show I will be sure to let you guys know.

I'm counting on a show tonight.

leghog69
03-03-2008, 02:01 PM
They just pulled the tix off of Tickemaster for tonight's show in Dallas. That is about "confirmed" that it can get! It also states that the show has been "postponed".

Ellyllions
03-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Official word from a member of Clear Channel heirarchy:

No one has told us the shows aren't a go so we're moving forward. Thursday night's show at Raleigh is still on target as far as the communications we've received, but we're hearing the same rumblings as the general public. Until we get official word, we're speculating that it's all still a "go".

fryingdutchman
03-03-2008, 02:06 PM
No word on any of the "official websites."

Of course, www.van-halen.com has always sucked for updated news.

No changes on Janie's website either (www.highprofilemedia.com)

You would think that Janie, the big "event planner" would put something up to help her one and only client save face....

Fuck 'em all.

Ellyllions
03-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by leghog69
They just pulled the tix off of Tickemaster for tonight's show in Dallas. That is about "confirmed" that it can get! It also states that the show has been "postponed".

Nah, it's quite customary to stop selling tickets on ticketmaster the day of the show. If the show is off, you'll find it on your local news and venue web pages.

They'll get the word before things even get updated on the vh web page.

Supernaut73
03-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Dallas Morning News has confirmed it. Cancelled. Fuck.

eddie78
03-03-2008, 02:14 PM
That's not Val's fault. She's entitled to make a living too, and writing the book probably cleared her of a lot of personal demons. Ed's job was to decide how to deal with it (as is ANY man's job when he has a woman in his past that haunts him, and show me ANY man who doesn't...I dare ya...).

It's Ed's fault, IF that's indeed the case, and fault belongs to no one else. Ed is a piece of shit, he's always been a piece of shit, and he's never going to change.

Genius guitarist...once. Piece of human shit...always.

That's reality.

Dude, do you know the guy, personally?
If not, shut your Yngwie-sack sucking mouth, for once.

What balls to judge some human being you absolutely know nothing about.
You have no idea what is going on in his life, in his head & behind the scenes.
You are just some wanna be troll judging from behind a monitor.

The guy has a disease, alcoholism.
This is fairly common & does not warrant calling someone a 'piece of shit' because they are human & have problems.

Get a fucking grip on your own issues before you throw daggers at others.

Unbelievable.

leghog69
03-03-2008, 02:15 PM
I realized that they quit selling tix online hours befor the show start, that is why I edited it to say that it ALSO says the date has been postponed, date TBA. Refunds are available.

Ellyllions
03-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by eddie78

What balls to judge some human being you absolutely know nothing about.
You have no idea what is going on in his life, in his head & behind the scenes.
You are just some wanna be troll judging from behind a monitor.

This is fairly common & does not warrant calling someone a 'piece of shit' because they are human & have problems.

Unbelievable.

You're right.
But so is Bob.

Alcoholism is a treatable disease. You can get over it. BUT, Bob's position is a valid one. Someone working on treatment can't be handled with kid gloves.

Edward has NEVER accepted responsibility for how his actions has affected those around him. He's tried...but he's obviously not there yet. You can't recover until you take responsibility. 99% of alcoholism is self-loathing and narcissism.

He's done everyone a dis-service by not being able to keep it together for this tour. And he needs to hear it.

Kilroy
03-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
Official word from a member of Clear Channel heirarchy:

No one has told us the shows aren't a go so we're moving forward. Thursday night's show at Raleigh is still on target as far as the communications we've received, but we're hearing the same rumblings as the general public. Until we get official word, we're speculating that it's all still a "go". well, Raleigh's show is FRIDAY night, I know because I have 4 fucking tix for it..so don't know how "official" that Clear Channel guy is if he can't get dates right..

Ellyllions
03-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Trust me, he's dead on.
If he got the day of the week wrong, means nothing.

I wouldn't lie kilroy...hang around, you'll find out.

thome
03-03-2008, 02:31 PM
For the last time you farking MORONS alcoholism is -OUTWARD MANIFESTATION OF A INNER PROBLEM- not a disease ,take the bottle away..... an the problem remains .....fix the problema - THE BOOZE MATTERS NOT!-

It was declared a disease so fukking goverment grants could be scooped up by researchers and the pharmaceutical lobby.

AAARG!

If Ed is overloaded with BS rite now take a break MF there is always tomorrow.

You all call in sick drunk off your asses Pot meet Kettle.

Kilroy
03-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Trust me, he's dead on.
If he got the day of the week wrong, means nothing.

I wouldn't lie kilroy...hang around, you'll find out. eh...I believe you..I just hope it's not true...I was really stoked to see them Friday...damnit..I just hope it's postponed and not cancelled..

Ellyllions
03-03-2008, 02:34 PM
He hopes it's not true as well. He's got a suite and will be entertaining clientele. He's got folk flying in for this.

So far, no official word on any change in the schedule for Friday night. But, he's in a tizzy making calls. So if anything changes, I'll be sure to let you know.

bueno bob
03-03-2008, 02:39 PM

I don't fucking have to know the guy personally.

What balls to judge some human being you absolutely know nothing about. You have no idea what is going on in his life, in his head & behind the scenes.

Pot meet kettle. You seem to do the same fucking thing on a regular basis. Want some links?

It ain't a fucking disease, it's a controllable addiction.

Eddie just won't control it and it's his own fucking responsibility. Don't agree, go shove your head up Dr. Phil's ass and blame his inner child for all his demons...

:rolleyes:

And amazingly enough, every source that knows him on a personal level, SAVE his son, says the same thing, or has said the same thing for the last 20 odd years. Go figure.

Maybe, since you're the self help expert here, you can tell me what my "issues" are, since you seem to be so fucking knowledgable?

Idiot.

Unbelievable.

:D

Diamondjimi
03-03-2008, 02:48 PM
As a staunch Sammy supporter.

Yeah , good luck with that....:rolleyes:

Wow what a showman !

WHAT A FUCKING LEGEND !!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PTZmF00arng"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PTZmF00arng" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

thome
03-03-2008, 02:53 PM
As a Stump Broke Sammy supporter, I have but one thing to say regarding the new of the tour's cancellation:I am a total fag!!

sorry, I had too. lol:eek:

bueno bob
03-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Yngwie

See, here in lies your problem. Your hatred and contempt for Yngwie Malmsteen overrides everything else.

Answer me this - did I in ANY ONE FUCKING PLACE mention Yngwie Malmsteen in this thread? Did I? Because if I did, I challenge you to show me where.

But no...I didn't. You and I both know it, don't we? Ahh, but your failure is that you can't stand the fact that there are OTHER GUITARISTS with OTHER STYLES of music that I can appreciate, and since ONE of them happens to be an artist that you hate, that prejudices you against all else to the point where your very judgment is clouded and you can't even think straight.

Or maybe you're too busy with Ed's dick in your mouth to get a logical word out? God knows I've been critical about Malmsteen in OTHER THREADS, yet whenever somebody says something naughty about Eddie, there you are with soap in hand, ready to take his dick and wash it all away.

You have a problem with something I have to say? That's fine with me, bitch, take a number because MANY greater people than you will ever be here have taken serious exception to me before.

Here's some nickel wisdom for you, though - you want to make judgments about me, what I say, or anything else simply because I enjoy a lot of Malmsteen's music and that fucking sticks in your craw, fire away shitbreath.

But do it in another fucking forum where it fucking applies.

Now I'm done.

ppg960
03-03-2008, 03:15 PM
If this is true- I'm breaking all my VH CD's.
I'm tired of this Fucking Bullshit with these guys.

Fuck it-I'm saving my money for Journey Tix!!

eddie78
03-03-2008, 03:31 PM
See, here in lies your problem. Your hatred and contempt for Yngwie Malmsteen overrides everything else.

Answer me this - did I in ANY ONE FUCKING PLACE mention Yngwie Malmsteen in this thread? Did I? Because if I did, I challenge you to show me where.

But no...I didn't. You and I both know it, don't we? Ahh, but your failure is that you can't stand the fact that there are OTHER GUITARISTS with OTHER STYLES of music that I can appreciate, and since ONE of them happens to be an artist that you hate, that prejudices you against all else to the point where your very judgment is clouded and you can't even think straight.

Or maybe you're too busy with Ed's dick in your mouth to get a logical word out? God knows I've been critical about Malmsteen in OTHER THREADS, yet whenever somebody says something naughty about Eddie, there you are with soap in hand, ready to take his dick and wash it all away.

You have a problem with something I have to say? That's fine with me, bitch, take a number because MANY greater people than you will ever be here have taken serious exception to me before.

Here's some nickel wisdom for you, though - you want to make judgments about me, what I say, or anything else simply because I enjoy a lot of Malmsteen's music and that fucking sticks in your craw, fire away shitbreath.

But do it in another fucking forum where it fucking applies.

Now I'm done.

Greater than i will ever be....hmmm, let's ponder this, Bob.

Do you fucking know me?
Do you know how brilliant or awful i may be, outside the confines of your army board?

It's absolutely the same as you referring to Ed as a 'piece of shit' human being, though you have never had any sort of relationship with the man.

As for Yngwie, i could honestly give a shit what sort of records you spin in your mom's basement, but the 'holier than thou' attitude irks me just a touch.

I certainly think your thread on 'Ed feeling threatened by Yng' (or whatever garbage it was you posted, way back when) illustrates just how musically retarded you truly are.

With everything that Ed has accomplished, and all the creativity & musical innovation he established, you cannot show the guy, the leader of a band you supposedly love, any respect.
You can't.

Ellyllions
03-03-2008, 03:44 PM
With everything that Ed has accomplished, and all the creativity & musical innovation he established, you cannot show the guy, the leader of a band you supposedly love, any respect.

I am so sick of hearing how Edward Van Halen is the epitome of guitarists. Honestly.

Hearing this over and over is what ruined Van Halen in '85. The BiG Star had to have things his way, and the loud-mouthed lead singer couldn't cope with that.

Stevie Ray Vaughan was and still is a better guitar player than Edward Van Halen. But without Alex, Dave, AND MIKE...Edward is barely a mediocre rhythm guitarist.

eddie78
03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Stevie Ray, all due respect, could never play something like "Spanish fly."
SRV was a phenomenal blues talent, but EVH had a vocabulary that ran far beyond blues boxes & pentatonic scales.
Nothing wrong with that, but Vaughan was nowhere's near the player Ed once was.

Ellyllions
03-03-2008, 03:58 PM
I'll take that.

LittleDreamerVH
03-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Umm yeah I beg to differ. Everyone has their opinion on who is really the greatest guitar player in the world, and I'm proud to say that I stand amongst the people who put Eddie on that pedestal. You're right, Vaughan is epic, but I lay it all down to the fingers of Eddie. And since you're on a Roth Army website.. you might wanna lay blackballing Diamond Dave... I love the man, his voice, his stage charisma. Back to the beginning topic of this thread, (and the more important issue), I'm not wanting to see VH leave the stage so soon after just getting out on tour, it's a big let down. Rumors of still floating obviously... but I think we can all honestly look at this and say "Damn, it's too bad." I mean if the guys are fighting and shit like that then it ain't worth it, not at all, it's just after 20 years of hibernation it's all going to end like this? Call me a dreamer, still hopin' some type of magic happens.

LittleDreamerVH
03-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Umm yeah I beg to differ. Everyone has their opinion on who is really the greatest guitar player in the world, and I'm proud to say that I stand amongst the people who put Eddie on that pedestal. You're right, Vaughan is epic, but I lay it all down to the fingers of Eddie. And since you're on a Roth Army website.. you might wanna lay blackballing Diamond Dave... I love the man, his voice, his stage charisma. Back to the beginning topic of this thread, (and the more important issue), I'm not wanting to see VH leave the stage so soon after just getting out on tour, it's a big let down. Rumors are still floating obviously... but I think we can all honestly look at this and say "Damn, it's too bad." I mean if the guys are fighting and shit like that then it ain't worth it, not at all, it's just after 20 years of hibernation it's all going to end like this? Call me a dreamer, still hopin' some type of magic happens.

eddie78
03-03-2008, 04:12 PM
It always bummed me out that SRV got all the accolades, while Johny "Lightning" Winter got the backseat.

Winter was a monster blues virtuoso & monster slide player.
He wasn't doing Hendrix or Albert King, he was doing Johnny Winter.
Rock & Blues, the guy could do it all & do it well, but Blues was in his blood.

'The progressive blues experiment' by Mr. Winter makes 'in step' sound like a Johnny Lang record.

Ellyllions
03-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I like the music, not the people.
I don't know them only what I see them do.

eddie78
03-03-2008, 04:26 PM
I like the music, not the people.
I don't know them only what I see them do.

Stevie was a great musician & player, no doubt.

Edward, in his prime (through 81), has never been touched, imo.
Vai, Satriani, Yngwie, etc....
None of those guys had all the musical cards like Ed.
A lot of Ed's techniques were recycled through the Vai's & Satch's, but they were talking Ed's language & communicating with his vocabulary.
Steve Vai may tap more notes, but the technique he's using was a result of VH's impact.

A player like Malmsteen is similar, in many ways.
His ideas were "borrowed" from innovators like Blackmore & Ulrich Roth from early Scorpions.
Yngwie refined the technical aspect of these great players, yet possessed none of their melodic sense or ability to write songs that people, outside guitar circles, want to hear.

But Edward had all the aces: Technique, tone & the talent of a true songwriter.
Plus he had the greatest frontman in David Lee Roth.

bueno bob
03-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Greater than i will ever be....hmmm, let's ponder this, Bob.[/i]

I've had ample time, trust me.

[B]Do you fucking know me? Do you know how brilliant or awful i may be, outside the confines of your army board?

Outside of the board, no...you're not the sort of person I'd socialize with, if your conduct here is any example.

However, since the point in fact was "Better People Than You Will Ever Be Here" ("Here" being the operative word, meaning 'Roth Army Forums'), I stand by my statement. Better people than you will ever be here. Etc etc, entered this day in court, etc.

It's absolutely the same as you referring to Ed as a 'piece of shit' human being, though you have never had any sort of relationship with the man.

Same as you to refer to what he wants out of his band, what kind of music he wants to make, etc, as if it's your common knowledge?

Let's see, how do you spell projection again?

As for Yngwie, i could honestly give a shit what sort of records you spin in your mom's basement,

Well, you know, it's pretty god damn coincidental that you can't seem to stay away from that name, isn't it?

(Here's where I insert "Do you know me? How do you know anything about me?" in regards to your "Mom's basement" rhetoric, but of course I don't think I have to...)

I think it's VERY clear who has the problem here. You don't want any "challenges" to your hero Eddie, perceived OR real, and you've been bitter about it ever since I whipped your ass in the last round here in Main.

Grow up already.

but the 'holier than thou' attitude irks me just a touch.

Good. I'll make sure to keep it up.

I certainly think your thread on 'Ed feeling threatened by Yng' (or whatever garbage it was you posted, way back when) illustrates just how musically retarded you truly are.

01. Wasn't my thread, I just kicked your ass in it;

02. "Musically retarded", hunh? You ARE aware that there's more than one way to play a guitar, right? It's not all just tapping...you do know these things, I take it? I'm starting to wonder.

Well, here's the thing - I respected Eddie until 1985, when he ruined Van Halen with...um...his drinking and indifference. I started to respect him again in 1996 for waking up a little. Shortly thereafter, he went back to sleep and I buried Van Halen, the REAL Van Halen, in a basement of fond memories.

As far as showing the guy "respect"? I'm sorry - do I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY? Well, I don't - erego, he doesn't deserve any respect out of me. As an album buyer/ticket purchaser, Eddie Van Halen is MY fucking employee. He works for ME. Since I don't know the man personally, but he does work for ME, I will either support or not support him based on the quality of his work, and for NO OTHER REASON.

I don't owe Eddie Van Halen a fucking thing. Not a lick. Eddie doesn't owe me anything either, since entertainment is an at-will industry for me, but if he wants respect and adoration and all that other Oprah bullshit, than he better do something to impress me.

Now do you understand? Probably not, but it amuses me to point by point demonstrate all of the flaws in your logic, in addition to your Edsheep mentally. Eddie could shit in a bag, show up on your door step and tell you it's the greatest thing he's ever done and you're the sort of person who will buy it gladly and then profess that it is.

That's fine with me. I have a little more discretion.

eddie78
03-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm constantly amused at 40 something year old man getting some sort of false gratification from "owning" or "kicking someone's ass" on a fan forum.

The most amusing part is that i'm supposedly getting my ass handed to me by a grown man that still listens to Yngwie Malmsteen records!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

eddie78
03-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Aw, christ, you even have a Star Wars avatar...

This is too easy.

Ellyllions
03-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Stevie was a great musician & player, no doubt.

Edward, in his prime (through 81), has never been touched, imo.
Vai, Satriani, Yngwie, etc....
None of those guys had all the musical cards like Ed.
A lot of Ed's techniques were recycled through the Vai's & Satch's, but they were talking Ed's language & communicating with his vocabulary.
Steve Vai may tap more notes, but the technique he's using was a result of VH's impact.

A player like Malmsteen is similar, in many ways.
His ideas were "borrowed" from innovators like Blackmore & Ulrich Roth from early Scorpions.
Yngwie refined the technical aspect of these great players, yet possessed none of their melodic sense or ability to write songs that people, outside guitar circles, want to hear.

But Edward had all the aces: Technique, tone & the talent of a true songwriter.
Plus he had the greatest frontman in David Lee Roth.

Keep in mind that there was a dynamic duo from a band that started all of this before Van Halen....

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant ring a bell?

Va Beach VH Fan
03-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Closing this one, please use the sticky now.....

Thanks....