PDA

View Full Version : The End Of Van Halen on youtube.

WARF
03-02-2008, 08:38 PM
This is not my video.

This is the FINAL performance of JUMP 2/20/08 in Fort Lauderdale.

Okay... here is what I remember.

Before jump Ed & Dave exchange words.

Around 4:30... Dave throws the gigantic mic at Eddie.

Eddie is drunk and pissed 4:46 Smashes his guitar.

Dave goes runnin' towards Eddie 4:52 like WTF?!?!

Eddie gives Dave a dirty look... and tries to leave the stage. 4:49-4:55

Dave tries to get him back onstage

Around 5:17 they hold hands... (Ed and dave give each other a dirty look)

Eddie goes fuckin crazy leavin the stage... throws the amp at dave 5:50-5:55

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0f2N5ae3wU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0f2N5ae3wU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Terry
03-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Maybe the giant mic was dropped onto Ed's pedalboards and hit some buttons or some shit, which in turn ruined Ed's sound, which caused him to throw down the guitar in frustration, which caused Dave to run over in concern, which caused Ed to get upset and knock over some amps, which caused Dave to think Ed was trying to hit him with the amps...

If there was a shooter on the knoll and one on top of the County Records building, then at Zapruder frame 236 where JFKs hands go up to his throat...

Wouldn't it be just like these guys to break up again over some petty silliness such as the onstage antics at the end of Jump at the 2/20 Ft.Lauderdale gig, though? Think the most plausible explanation is that Ed has been hitting the bottle again.

Terry
03-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Maybe the giant mic was dropped onto Ed's pedalboards and hit some buttons or some shit, which in turn ruined Ed's sound, which caused him to throw down the guitar in frustration, which caused Dave to run over in concern, which caused Ed to get upset and knock over some amps, which caused Dave to think Ed was trying to hit him with the amps...

If there was a shooter on the knoll and one on top of the County Records building, then at Zapruder frame 236 where JFKs hands go up to his throat...

Wouldn't it be just like these guys to break up again over some petty silliness such as the onstage antics at the end of Jump at the 2/20 Ft.Lauderdale gig, though? Think the most plausible explanation is that Ed has been hitting the bottle again.

LOS35
03-02-2008, 09:16 PM
What are you seeing? Dave didn't throw the mic at ED nor did ED try to hit Dave.
One thing for sure Ed did tose his guitar & push the amps over!
It's a thing of when your a perfectionist & your gears Fing up in front of thousands a person is going to act that way!!

WARF
03-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by LOS35
What are you seeing? Dave didn't throw the mic at ED nor did ED try to hit Dave.
One thing for sure Ed did tose his guitar & push the amps over!
It's a thing of when your a perfectionist & your gears Fing up in front of thousands a person is going to act that way!!

This is the same kinda meltdown that Eddie Van Halen had in 2004 with Sammy Hagar in Arizona. Now i'm not saying i'm right... but now that there are rumors flyin' around that the tour is over. I think we should try to look back at the show... Eddie was clearly intoxicated. The smashing of the guitar... and him throwing the AMP... yeah it could have been frustration from the sound tech... but it doesn't look good now in hindsight.

VAiN
03-02-2008, 10:36 PM
What I hear on that clip is some nasty guitar playing from Eddie... he totally botched the solo. Eddie has problems - pain in the wrist/fingers, arthritis, boozin, pills - whatever it is... he needs to get his shit in gear.

jhale667
03-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Is it just me, or does it look like even the dude running the Jumbotron knew something was up?
Notice the footage behind them stops and begins to repeat after their last bow and they are exiting the stage, JUST before the amps come down?
I don't remember the footage looping like that at the L.A. show...:confused:
And to me it does not look like Dave threw the giant mic at Eddie...
Also, as for the amps, can't tell if it looks like he pushes them or staggers into them, causing them to fall...
Wow. Either way it sucks all around...:(

GaPeach64
03-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Eddie seemed fine at the Atlanta show -- can't hide much with big screen --- he appeared sober to me -- If he had been drinking, he was not drunk. Must've been "Spring Breaking" in Florida. I can see a difference. Course I thought all rock guitarists liked to smash their guitar around. Maybe Val's book coming out was depressing -- though he seemed to be aware of what was in it. I hope he gets it back together.

Mr. Vengeance
03-02-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm not seeing what you're describing in the video, but at the same time, clearly Ed is f'ed up. It's sad that yet again this band cannot stay together.

Nitro Express
03-02-2008, 11:18 PM
I thought Ed tossed his guitar because he finally realized the Wolfgang guitars suck. :D

jhale667
03-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I thought Ed tossed his guitar because he finally realized the Wolfgang guitars suck. :D

If only :D Actually, at fist I thought he was playing one of the Charvels he's selling on Ebay (for the encore each night I heard), but upon watching it again, that IS the white Wolfgang prototype that is supposedly his new fave?
Not anymore apparently...check the 1st verse, he slams the thing headstock first into the ground! Wasn't a 'show' move, either...if you listen, you can hear the impact! :eek:

Dan
03-02-2008, 11:44 PM
WTF?

LoungeMachine
03-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Terry

Wouldn't it be just like these guys to break up again over some petty silliness

Yes.

:gulp:

NATEDOG001976
03-03-2008, 12:51 AM
I smell BS!! Less than 24 hours before a show. Tell me, what's cancelled yet???

binnie
03-03-2008, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
I'm not seeing what you're describing in the video, but at the same time, clearly Ed is f'ed up. It's sad that yet again this band cannot stay together.

That's how I see it too....

DavidLeeNatra
03-03-2008, 05:03 AM
anyone remember?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sW1g0HZk2no"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sW1g0HZk2no" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

jero
03-03-2008, 05:12 AM
And once again no European Tour! Fuck

Big Troubles
03-03-2008, 08:07 AM
All I can see is that Ed is having trouble with his gear. He throws up his arms mid way thru the song, his solo sounds fucked, he throws guitar down.

I dont think the tour is cancelled. I think either they are getting new tech ppl or Ed needs some sobering up. Or both.

I didnt see friction between Ed & Dave at all.

Polk High
03-03-2008, 08:36 AM
yeah i didn't see any friction w/ roth he just hated his guitar tech or talent

kastco
03-03-2008, 11:15 AM
If anything it looks like EVH reaches out to grab Daves hand first right before they take a bow. That certainly isn't what a guy that is pissed at the other guy normally does. I vote for equipment problems

DavidLeeNatra
03-03-2008, 11:41 AM
take a look at wolfgang...he throws away his bass, too...maybe we got some father and son thing going on...

ed is on booze again and wolf is simply pissed about it...who knows...

westcoastjonny
03-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Just looks like Ed's drunk to me. He's stumbling around and the solo is the worst I've ever heard from him. Sounded like he lost the beat of the song and was about half a bar ahead - realised and was too fucked up to fix it. Don't think he threw the amps at Dave. He staggered into them then tried to grab them and sent them back the other way. Sheesh this is a tragedy (again) for us true VH fans. Chances of seeing them over here in the UK? Zero.:mad: Call me crazy but Dave kind of seemed like he was trying to draw attention away from Ed in a non selfish way?

Bob Brubake
03-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Is it just me, or does it look like even the dude running the Jumbotron knew something was up?
Notice the footage behind them stops and begins to repeat after their last bow and they are exiting the stage, JUST before the amps come down?
I don't remember the footage looping like that at the L.A. show...:confused:
And to me it does not look like Dave threw the giant mic at Eddie...
Also, as for the amps, can't tell if it looks like he pushes them or staggers into them, causing them to fall...
Wow. Either way it sucks all around...:(

I noticed that too, about the video screen. Intresting.

WACF
03-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Funny thing about Jump though...even when done well it still sucks live.

This is one of the wifes fav VH song and when they played it in Calgary she looked at me and said why does it sound like?

LOL...

kastco
03-03-2008, 12:35 PM
In fact right at the beginning when the lights come up you can see EVH is bent down fucking with his pedals and then kinda half playing his guitar and half looking at it like what the fuck. EVH is clearly pissed right from the get go.

ULTRAMAN VH
03-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Well I guess everyone has a right to their own opinion, but I didn't see a mic being thrown at Edward or amps being launched at Dave. I saw Ed playing like dogshit and out of frustration, he tosses his quote/unquote favorite guitar to the floor. Those cabs that he pushed are quite obviously empty dummy cabinets because they moved to easily and I don't think Ed, during his little tantrum realized that and everything came tumbling down. I don't thing he realized Dave was behind him either, and I would bet a million bucks he apologised to Dave backstage. Look, the guy has some issues and if they are rescheduling dates it would seem these issues can be resolved. Remember, these guys aren't spring chickens anymore, especially Ed. Call me an optimist, but I think some impromtu down time is in order and these guys will be back, if the tour is really even cancelled.

DavidLeeNatra
03-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Bob Brubake
I noticed that too, about the video screen. Intresting.

good morning, sherlock...they did that EVERY show...

Bob Brubake
03-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
good morning, sherlock...they did that EVERY show...

Well I wouldn't know, since they cancelled 2 shows in St. Louis, Sherlock. Maybe if Ed and the boys would have fucking showed up, I would have seen it, but they didn't.

RogueHorseman
03-03-2008, 01:39 PM
OK, Ed appears to *ahem* stagger INTO the amp, pushing it forward. He then pushes it back into position but overdoes it (and as someone mentioned it's a fairly light prop).

There was nothing intentional there, not towards Dave or anyone.

Now, he was obviously pissed at his gear the whole tune and maybe lit, or on heavy cold medication (he was rumored to have been fighting the flu in FL).

I see no issue with Dave whatsoever from that clip and everyone who would know - all around - has said that they are getting along better than ever off stage.

thome
03-03-2008, 01:45 PM
So no one mentions what I have seen ED do three maybe 4 times throught this tour.

In several YouTubes I have seen Ed get frustrated with these piece of sh!t guitars and he (spikes) slams the head into the stage .

Temp changes throw them out of tune....? I don't know!

Death sentence for any guitar much less expect it to stay in tune after that.

I can gaurantee the Val book ,her cash grab (like she doesn't get enough from him) doesn't help with daily stress.

It all ads up and Bitches can fukk you up man.

As far as I am concerned this Yoko and her ego fukked Dave and Ed with her pillow talk back in 84 and she is doing it again on purpose.

She cares less about her kid knowing what a skank she is and more about derailing a ex husband.

It's not really about Val, it what Val is trying to do to Ed, if you don't see that you're a virgin candy assed pillow biter.

:mad:

jhale667
03-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by thome
So no one mentions what I have seen ED do three maybe 4 times throught this tour.

In several YouTubes I have seen Ed get frustrated with these piece of sh!t guitars and he (spikes) slams the head into the stage .

Post #11. Try to pay attention. ;)

RogueHorseman
03-03-2008, 01:56 PM
It's common knowledge that Ed has been having issues with his gear, crew and his playing at specific shows during the tour.

Granted, I don't imagine Val prancing around doing the Jenny Craig/dirty laundry book cash grab (not that the damn thing is selling) media promotion is helping his psyche... but, who knows to what (if any real tangible) degree it might be driving his frustrations.

It ain't got nuttin' to do with Dave, I'm certain of that much.

kastco
03-03-2008, 04:02 PM
The funny thing is the opening post say Ed is giving Dave dirty looks. Maybe I'm going blind or something but for the life of me I can barely make out anyones face let alone see what kind of looks they are giving to each other.

Douglas T.
03-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Opening post'r was there so he's just remembering first hand!
We'll thow in, everybodies favorite, "THE BEGINNING of Van Halen on YouTube" here just to brighten things up!<br>
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b1uZSXEICsE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b1uZSXEICsE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Douglas T.
03-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by thome

Temp changes throw them out of tune....? I don't know!

Death sentence for any guitar much less expect it to stay in tune after that.
:mad:

Not to mention the extra stress on the wrist that has been working out in a completly different direction all night! Anyone making a certain motion with any joint for over an hour straight, say strumming a guitar, and then try to tweak that joint another direction is asking for a sprain or pinched nerve!

Douglas T.
03-03-2008, 05:40 PM
... could just be his wrist getting weak from not lifting that bottle all day too!:guzzle: