X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gunsnmotley
    Groupie
    • Feb 2007

Will dave play good boy this time??

when ed cancelled the tour and went to rehab in 2007 Dave played along and just waited it out.....now that eds doing it again will Dave play along this time??? if the 2 are getting together I dont see why he wouldnt...and the $$ is still there...i guess time will tell

but I have a feeling that dave will play along..
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Don't really know the story or the causes behind this latest development, but it doesn't really serve any purpose for Roth to say anything about any of it...should the cancellation story pan out to be true, am sure a statement on behalf of the band will be made, and it'd probably be in Roth's best interests to stay mum about all of it.

The dude (Roth) approached the tour with a great sense of professionalism and enthusiasm (this tour was gonna be a sellout no matter what, and Dave could have easily phoned it in). Frankly, reading interviews where the various band members take shots at each other is boring as shit, mostly because they've been doing it since 1986. And as odd as it was, the general kibosh on interviews during the tour (save for a couple of GW and MD ones) really served the band well; kept the focus away from the offstage histrionics and aimed it right at what was happening onstage, which is where the focus belongs.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• gunsnmotley
      Groupie
      • Feb 2007

well according to melodicrock...it has to do with Eddie and eddies "issues" it has nothing to do with Roth..

which is why I would assume he will approach this the same way he did in 2007..for all he knows he could play it nice and ed is better and they are back in a year or 2...if he fucks up...hes gone for life..so its probably in his best interests to stay mum?

Comment

• Vanessa
        Roadie
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by gunsnmotley
        well according to melodicrock...it has to do with Eddie and eddies "issues" it has nothing to do with Roth..

which is why I would assume he will approach this the same way he did in 2007..for all he knows he could play it nice and ed is better and they are back in a year or 2...if he fucks up...hes gone for life..so its probably in his best interests to stay mum?

true!

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Lets hope EVERYONE in the band does EVERYTHING that they can to salvage this.

Remember this is a "new band" and they're all "brothers" now -"brothers" do what they can to help each other out and work together, so let's see if there's any truth to the rhetoric.....
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
            Lets hope EVERYONE in the band does EVERYTHING that they can to salvage this.

Remember this is a "new band" and they're all "brothers" now -"brothers" do what they can to help each other out and work together, so let's see if there's any truth to the rhetoric.....
            Roth On Brother.
            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• DlocRoth
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gunsnmotley
              [B] well according to melodicrock..

Gospel...... Yay.
              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Dan
                Roth On Brother.
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Roth is a class act. Ed Van Halen is no spring chicken and with years of smoking and drinking. Shit, it's amazing he's still alive. If anything, VH got Roth back and toured a lot of dates successfully. We got to see them do it together hopefully not for the last time.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Bob Brubake
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Feb 2008

Diamond Dave has been and will continue to be a good boy. Although, its probably killing him inside that he can't do radio interviews, Letterman/Leno etc... You know he loves the spotlight. But he'll play along until everything falls apart.

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Roth is a class act. Ed Van Halen is no spring chicken and with years of smoking and drinking. Shit, it's amazing he's still alive. If anything, VH got Roth back and toured a lot of dates successfully. We got to see them do it together hopefully not for the last time.
                      Totally Agreed! No matter when this tour ends, it was a huge success and the combination of "brothers" made this tour amazing.

Not an iota of Spamtard could measure the success and rave reviews this tour has had and it's been a highlight in my life.

Wishing Ed a clean bill of HEALTH and continuing the tour.

Comment

• eddie78
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Nov 2004

I just hope Ed isn't plagued by a relapse of cancer.
                        There is a serious medical situation at hand, and all signs point to the tour resuming at some point.

I still think rehashing the old stuff (as great as it is) is taking it's toll on Ed's attention.
                        You can see he's losing focus & getting irritated.

Finish the tour & get in the studio to record new material.
                        I think that might be the only way, at this point.

Comment

• knuckleboner
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

dave will do what's best for dave.

if he feels that it's definitely over (a la 1996) he'll go to the press. on the other hand, if he feels that he can salvage something out of it (a la the pre-rehab van wolf outting) he'll play along.

so, the less we hear from dave right now, the better...

Comment

• kastco
                            Roadie
                            • Dec 2006

Dave ain't stupid. He knows how much potential money is at stake. I think with age Dave is over running his mouth at every chance which is disappointing because he has had some real classics. Even during the Spam and Dave tour Dave stayed relatively closed mouth. I also personally think that Dave and EVH have put the past behind them and are now really friends. Who knows for sure? All speculation. IMO the tour will resume and be better than ever. Than lets hope for a new studio album.
                            SUPPORT THE BIG RED MACHINE
                            THE BEAST FROM THE EAST

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

DAVID LEE ROTH is the reason there is any interest in this tour....

The sisters need to keep him happy enough to stick around...or they'll be back playing Comfort Inn lounges in the blink of an eye.........

Comment

Working...