PDA

View Full Version : Just for my favorite CVH fans

Ellyllions
03-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Dear Holly - (yeah that's my real name)

Easily the #1 thing our listeners want to know on the request lines today at 919-860-9600 is whether or not the rest of the Van Halen tour (which would include this Friday night at the RBC Center) is cancelled. It all stems from a story on www.TMZ.com that claims Eddie is having "issues" and that a cancellation announcement is coming soon. The band is scheduled to play Dallas tonight and Cincinnati Wednesday.

We're keeping very close tabs on it - as of this writing (and certainly it
could change any minute), Friday's show is ON. Blade and I are still
planning on giving away tickets with "1984 at 4" each afternoon this week at 4pm with a grand prize of front row tickets. We're also planning on broadcasting live from the RBC Center starting at 4pm Friday.

As of moments ago, www.billboard.com posted a story claiming the tour is NOT cancelled, although tonight's stop in Dallas is being postponed (though that's not yet official). The story also claims that a press release regarding the tour's status is expected within 24 hours. Check out the story here -
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003718728

I certainly do hope you get a chance to see the show Friday - the one I saw in Charlotte last year was incredible. At this point, a few tickets
remain on sale through Ticketmaster.

As soon as we get official word any differently, you'll hear it on The
Concert Station - 96rock. Save the drama for your mama...and Van Halen.

Best,
Foster

Va Beach VH Fan
03-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Closing this one, please use the sticky now.....

Thanks....