• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J Curling
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

Eddie back in rehab?

Poor Wolfie if this one's true...

VAN HALEN is rumored to have cancelled a string of comeback gigs so guitarist Eddie Van Halen could return to rehab to be treated for alcoholism, according to the World Entertainment News Network.

The band rescheduled two concerts in Virginia and Georgia at the end of last month and another this week, prompting internet reports claiming all tour dates had been pulled indefinitely.

Representatives for the rockers insist the tour is still on, despite announcing Van Halen "is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures." Now sources tell the National Enquirer the 53-year-old guitarist checked himself into a clinic near San Antonio, Texas, so he could detox for a week after a furious backstage bust-up in Florida with his 17-year-old son and bandmate Wolfgang.

Read more from the World Entertainment News Network.

Official site of record label Elektra Music Group: Elektra Records, Fueled By Ramen, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, Black Cement, Public Consumption, DTA Records
    The Hammerguy
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Golly...

Edward "Tee-totaler" Van Halen in alcohol rehab?????

Never saw this one coming!

Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

sad and disappointing
      This space for rent.

Comment

• Northern Girl
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Is it just me or has Wolfie been in charge of this tour from the jump?
        Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Northern Girl
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
          sad and disappointing
          Being a Van Halen fan = disappointment.

and the beat goes on...
          Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Eddie In Rehab And Wolfgang Is On Heat?
            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• jztbcz
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jul 2006

At least it seems like they're trying to deal with it....
              Wolfie being around at least gives 'em a little more to work with in
              getting him to try and dry up enough to get the tour finished without
              a total cancellation ... ??? ( I'm hoping anyway .. )
              Last edited by jztbcz; 03-06-2008, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• eddie78
                Head Fluffer
                • Nov 2004

I guess Wolfie attempted to replace Ed with Steve Vai, thus, the furious bust-up.

Comment

• kastco
                  Roadie
                  • Dec 2006

Hey I would rather see EVH enter rehab and delay the rest of the tour for a little while than see the rest of the tour go down the shitter. You know damn well that if the tour imploded at this point, no matter what the reason than all the people would be talking about was the shitty ending not the great shows. EVH is obviously an alcoholic and being so he is always running the risk of relapsing. I don't know about the rest of you but I would rather see this scenario than to see the tour collapse because Ed and Dave were at each others throat. From what I've heard Dave is doing the right thing as well as getting along with everyone just fine. Even Betinelli complimented Dave on the way he treats Wolfie. If EVH can get straightened out and finish this tour than it seems like it is all the more likely that there might be some studio work in the future. Lets hope so.
                  SUPPORT THE BIG RED MACHINE
                  THE BEAST FROM THE EAST

Comment

• WARFstradamus
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Nov 2005

In the City of Fort Lauderdale there will be a great thunder... Two brothers torn apart by Chaos...while the idiot endures... the great leader will succumb... amps shall fall.... guitars smashed... a great famine across the land.... the tour shall be cancelled... when the cresent moon aligns with the fifth star of jupiter.

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jul 2006

BassPlayer makes good with Ed......of course, we're talking Wolfie.

Thank god for Wolfie! If anyone will get Ed in-check, it will be Wolfie and no one else. Ed won't respond to anyone else.

Wolfie doesn't take crappy excuses from Ed.....Who Is the Dad here?

Hats off to Wolfie for getting Dad back to rehab!!!

Ed's sobriety and health is more important than the Tour right now.

Comment

• Roy Munson
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

I bet Wolf body-slammed that fucker..."get your drunken ass back to rehab, beeeeeotch...I'm runnin' this show now."

Wolfie...my hero
                        Originally posted by ELVIS
                        I guess you're right...

Comment

• delta5150
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Oct 2005

Ed "Need to fuck everything up" Van Halen needs much more than rehab, he needs a fucking good kick in the head for his unprofessional
                          behaviour towards his band-mates and his fans.

He also needs a lot of psychiatric help, and would do himself good checking some past perfomances before 85 to see how shit he is now, sorry but in the conference, he said he was playing out of his skin etc...
                          Yeep, ok, go to sleep Ed

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You mean the first epic 30-day rehab stint didn't work?

Comment

• DlocRoth
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Got him through 60+ shows.....
                              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

Working...