X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAN HLN CA
    Foot Soldier
    • Apr 2005

WOLF is the reason we have CVH •

No matter if you do not think he deserves his place your missing the point how instrumental he is to this ever getting off the ground. For his love of CVH and insight/common sense he should be celebrated not dumped on. He is not arrogant, does not want a solo spot (open So this is Love and RWTD enough spotlight for him), happy to be there, seems to enjoy seeing Ed and Dave like a fan, and he's gonna be a great player by 20. The kid is cool and gets fucking dumped on in every way. Sure he is chubbed but probably feels low enough about it without old men ragging on him not having Daves abs or Ed's ripped physique. My oldest son went through astage like that and it was hard as hell on him and in last year plus shed like 60 pounds now people bitch he's too skinny fuck peer preasure bacause you can't make everyone happy no matter what you do or who you are and he seems like a down to earth kid despite his silver spoon. I'm sure he went through hell and back through the years watching Ed almost kill himself in ways and parents fighting most his life. Food help him feel good and I'm sure the more he hangs with Dave he will become more active and next thing yo uknow he will be running around in muscle T a few years from now. Leave the kid alone and look in the mirror.
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Wolf kicks ass! You are 100% correct. No Wolf, no Van Halen. Goes to show how much of an idiot Ed is that it took Wolf's convincing to get Ed to realize that classic VH is the only VH.
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Wolf gets the nod for (more likely than not) being the catalyst that got the ball rolling re: getting Dave back in the band.

I get the feeling that had it not been for the kid, and it had been left up to Ed's devices, Dave probably wouldn't have been brought back.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
        Sniper
        • Apr 2004

Wolfie also might be the catalyst for getting Ed to stop boozing until after the tour is over.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Well, it would have been better if Wolfie could have got Ed to stop boozing while the tour was in progress...

...but I get the feeling Ed's gonna be drinking until the day he dies.

Bottoms Up!
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I have no ill will towards the teen wolf. I'm sure he's the reason that I got to see Dave & Eddie together again, and for that I'm forever thankful. I even got to shake his hand before the Charlotte show. He's ok in my book.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• bantonelli1

That's Right! No Wolfie, No Van Halen.

Think about the crap he had to see when Ed was totally strung out, doing those gigs for House of Petals and his physical appearance left much to be desired with his taped up boots with the peek-a-boo toes, his knarily teeth and long greying hair. He looked homeless and his personality couldn't have been too far from that as well.

Many Many Thanks to Wolfie for not being an enabler to his Dad and loving him the way he does. Wolfie is Bad Ass!

Comment

• SRK
                Roadie
                • Jan 2004

The way things are going, Wolf may be the best of the three Van Halens to represent the band Van Halen.....His uncle and father have sure done enough to screw things up....Wolf`s cool in my book. The fact that he sees how cool the classic stuff is....and how lame van hagar was is proof enough for me.

Comment

• Roy Munson
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

The kid is alright with me.
                  Originally posted by ELVIS
                  I guess you're right...

Comment

• knuckleboner
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

i think far more people here have dumped on mike than have on the wolf.

and in my opinion, neither is warranted.

mike loved touring and did so, even when van halen sat on its (eddie's) ass. he wanted to tour with dave in 2000 as van halen, and he wanted to play with dave on the 2002 tour. and you know he'd have played with van halen on this one if asked. he wasn't asked, but he didn't make a big deal out of it.

wolf, on the other hand, gets to play with his dad and his uncle and he gets to play the music he seems to love in front of hundreds of thousands of fans.

it's not exactly the CVH reunion i'd always wanted, but i'm happy for wolfgang and have no problem with his part in it.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

How can Wolfie be the reason "we have CVH" ?????

Wolfie wasn't even born when CVH broke up.

Wolfie has never heard CVH in person.

Wolfie may very well be the reason you have a current incarnation of Van Halen on tour, and may very well be the reason spED is back in rehab.....

But let's not kid ourselves. This aint CVH

You can't have CLASSIC Van Halen when 1/4 of the band has never even recorded a single note of the catalog.

Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Little Lamont
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                        How can Wolfie be the reason "we have CVH" ?????

Wolfie wasn't even born when CVH broke up.

Wolfie has never heard CVH in person.

Wolfie may very well be the reason you have a current incarnation of Van Halen on tour, and may very well be the reason spED is back in rehab.....

But let's not kid ourselves. This aint CVH

You can't have CLASSIC Van Halen when 1/4 of the band has never even recorded a single note of the catalog.

Thank you, my brother.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

It's the new VH remember ? Thats what Dave said anyway. WOLF IS COOL IN MY BOOK !!! Bass player said he didn't want Dave back in the band back in 96 so fuck him !!!!!!!!!

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                            Sniper
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                            Bass player said he didn't want Dave back in the band back in 96 so fuck him !!!!!!!!!
                            That is the bottom line.

Van Halen = Dave + Ed + whoever + whoever

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                              That is the bottom line.

Van Halen = Dave + Ed + whoever + whoever
                              After seeing them on this last tour...I'd have to put Alex's name in there too. He played his ass off. I was really amazed at how good he played.
                              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

Working...