Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Clinton is a "Monster" Says Resigning Obama Aide

Obama aide quits over Clinton "monster" comment
    Fri Mar 7, 2008 1:32pm EST

By Caren Bohan

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A foreign policy adviser to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama resigned on Friday after calling campaign rival Hillary Clinton a "monster" during an interview with a British newspaper.

Samantha Power, a foreign policy aide on the Illinois senator's White House campaign, said the comments were inexcusable. They were published on Friday by The Scotsman newspaper.

"With deep regret, I am resigning from my role as an adviser to the Obama campaign effective today," Power said in a statement.

"Last Monday, I made inexcusable remarks that are at marked variance from my oft-stated admiration for Senator Clinton and from the spirit, tenor and purpose of the Obama campaign."

The comment threatened to be an embarrassment for Obama, who has criticized Clinton for what he called her negative campaign tactics and has stressed his commitment to rising above political bickering.

Obama, an Illinois senator, and Clinton, a New York senator, are locked in a drawn-out battle for the Democratic nomination to face Republican John McCain in November's presidential election.

Power's comments were made on Monday before Clinton revived her presidential bid with wins in the big states of Ohio and Texas.

"She is a monster, too -- that is off the record -- she is stooping to anything," Power was quoted by the newspaper as saying of Clinton.

"We f***** up in Ohio," she said. "In Ohio, they are obsessed and Hillary is going to town on it because she knows Ohio's the only place they can win."

Before the news that she was quitting, Power issued an apology and Obama condemned the comment through his campaign.

"Senator Obama decries such characterizations, which have no place in this campaign," Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said.

Power, a former aide in Obama's U.S. Senate office, is the founding executive director of the Harvard University Carr Center for Human Rights Policy. She won a 2003 Pulitzer Prize for general non-fiction for "A Problem From Hell: America and the Age of Genocide."

(Writing by Frances Kerry; Editing by David Alexander and Bill Trott)

(For more about the U.S. political campaign, visit Reuters "Tales from the Trail: 2008" online here)

© Reuters 2007. All rights reserved.
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Caught that story earlier..fairly telling. She wasn't paid to work, or solicit for Obama.....toted around a Pulitzer trophy. Pulitzer winners never quit- unless they're afraid of being murdered. Sure, saving Obama campaign face is cool.....breathing air 8 years from now is even better.

Run like hell Samantha...just become a whore or something.

Comment

• Combat Ready
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2007

7 weeks 'till Pennsylvania...Could get pretty ugly?

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

I have the feeling it's only just beginning...
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Why its an OBAMA-NATION!
          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Ellyllions
            Veteran
            • Mar 2006

First off, I said from the beginning that Obama would be a huge movement. And I had my reasons for it....(I'm gonna be honest here folk)

-I honestly believe that the majority of American's are past the black/white issue. Don't flap your gums at me here, because nothing has to be 100% to be called successful. Most of our sports heros are non-whites, our popular music is predominately non-white, a majority of our culture revolves around non-whites. The race debate as it relates to black and white should be called over. Those who still carry discrimination are in the minorty in our society.

-His voice. He has a very deep, authoritative sounding voice. He sounds like power and learned experience.

-His soothing messages. News media is notorious for telling us of the negative things that people do. We respond to warnings of impending dangers and doom on a very subconscious manner. Think trainwreck....don't wanna see it but can't look away. But just as we're drawn to danger, we're drawn to pity as well. Obama uses words that make people feel like it's not over that the news media is wrong, that it's easy to fix everything by just believing that we can. He makes people feel like it's not our fault, he licks wounds.

The man comes across as Presidential.

But, in my mind, Hillary is a monster. I'm sorry but anyone who will work as hard as she did to defend a man that raped a 12-year old girl will say or do anything to get what they want no matter who they trample on their way.

She has spent the better part of her life, screwing her way to the top and not in the sexual connotation of the word. She wants an office that she doesn't even respect, she just wants to get there to say that she did it. That's not someone I want for President. Not now.

Besides, think about this....we have some fences to mend, right? Some fences to mend with a group of people who have a very stingent cultural idea about females. We don't get the right to judge whether or not those ideas are good or bad if we're to mend these fences, we have to accept them in order to reach our goals of getting out of the Middle East and allow them to be who they are without judgement.

You gonna send a female in there to negotiate? Really? How effective has Condi Rice been? Forget what her meeting agenda might say, do you think the leaders she's sitting down with who's religious beliefs are that a woman has a "place" are taking her seriously or even respecting her?

In my mind, we have to think about these things. The psychological part of it can play a vital role and I believe that a President who has a name like Barack Hussein Obama and is male will be more effective in getting us out of Iraq, mending the fences with the whole of the Middle East than some blonde, pushy, female attorney.
            "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• VanHalener
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Clinton is a monster and I am sick and fookin tired of this wench appearing on my tv day after day.

Go Obama!

If you win the election you should banish the bitch.
              ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                ... But, in my mind, Hillary is a monster. I'm sorry but anyone who will work as hard as she did to defend a man that raped a 12-year old girl will say or do anything to get what they want no matter who they trample on their way...
                What? I didn't know that...
                Between our own provincial and federal politics, I have to time to learn about everything that goes on, south of the boarder.

I always said that anyone who works as a devil's advocate is just as bad as the devil itself... Now, here she is!
                http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                Originally posted by Nitro Express
                ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                Originally posted by VanHalener
                ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                Originally posted by FORD
                ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                  ... She has spent the better part of her life, screwing her way to the top and not in the sexual connotation of the word...
                  Unless she left poor ol' Bill blue balls, SHE IS... screwing in the sexual connotation of the word!

I mean, she pretended to be the strong, supportive wife when her husband hummiliated her for the whole planet to see... All she wanted was to gain people's heart, so she could screw them up years later!

What kind of exemple does that give to all the women in America?

Fuck'n hore!
                  ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                  ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
                    Unless she left poor ol' Bill blue balls, SHE IS... screwing in the sexual connotation of the word!

I mean, she pretended to be the strong, supportive wife when her husband hummiliated her for the whole planet to see... All she wanted was to gain people's heart, so she could screw them up years later!

What kind of exemple does that give to all the women in America?

Fuck'n hore!
                    Bingo! She was cheating and Bill was cheating long before they even were in the White House. They are a political team more than husband and wife. The worst kind of people who live in a shallow shell of lies just to get power. Who are the real Clintons? I doubt they even know themselves.

Obama is popular because he's new to the political game but seems competant enough. He's made the Clintons look like fools. People are sick of the Washington DC crowd. They want something besides politics as usual and they want young meat like Obama. It is not a black president thing at all. I agree, we have moved beyond that.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• rustoffa
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
                      Between our own provincial and federal politics, I have to time to learn about everything that goes on, south of the boarder.
                      Here's an update:

Chavez backed the fuck down after Colombian splinter groups assured him that the latest technology would shatter his dreams of attacking them.

He's the dude in Venezuala that has delusions of grandeur. Costa Rican rebels were lurking around just to make it seem funny...the Colombian fuckers were talking to Navy Seals on Nextels and shit while cowboys in Patagonia were building alliances.

OH! You typed "boarder!" I get it now....never mind about all the above hearsay.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by rustoffa
                        ... OH! You typed "boarder!" I get it now....never mind about all the above hearsay.
                        Holly shit!
                        I've been writting that word with an "A" for years now... being completely oblivious that it was the wrong way...
                        I hate it when that happens!
                        Thanks for the correction!

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Yeah... south of the border of me... is YOU!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            Obama aide quits over Clinton "monster" comment
                            Fri Mar 7, 2008 1:32pm EST

By Caren Bohan

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A foreign policy adviser to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama resigned on Friday after calling campaign rival Hillary Clinton a "monster" during an interview with a British newspaper.

Samantha Power, a foreign policy aide on the Illinois senator's White House campaign, said the comments were inexcusable. They were published on Friday by The Scotsman newspaper.

"With deep regret, I am resigning from my role as an adviser to the Obama campaign effective today," Power said in a statement.

"Last Monday, I made inexcusable remarks that are at marked variance from my oft-stated admiration for Senator Clinton and from the spirit, tenor and purpose of the Obama campaign."

The comment threatened to be an embarrassment for Obama, who has criticized Clinton for what he called her negative campaign tactics and has stressed his commitment to rising above political bickering.

Obama, an Illinois senator, and Clinton, a New York senator, are locked in a drawn-out battle for the Democratic nomination to face Republican John McCain in November's presidential election.

Power's comments were made on Monday before Clinton revived her presidential bid with wins in the big states of Ohio and Texas.

"She is a monster, too -- that is off the record -- she is stooping to anything," Power was quoted by the newspaper as saying of Clinton.

"We f***** up in Ohio," she said. "In Ohio, they are obsessed and Hillary is going to town on it because she knows Ohio's the only place they can win."

Before the news that she was quitting, Power issued an apology and Obama condemned the comment through his campaign.

"Senator Obama decries such characterizations, which have no place in this campaign," Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said.

Power, a former aide in Obama's U.S. Senate office, is the founding executive director of the Harvard University Carr Center for Human Rights Policy. She won a 2003 Pulitzer Prize for general non-fiction for "A Problem From Hell: America and the Age of Genocide."

(Writing by Frances Kerry; Editing by David Alexander and Bill Trott)

(For more about the U.S. political campaign, visit Reuters "Tales from the Trail: 2008" online here)

© Reuters 2007. All rights reserved.
                            I listened to a 30 minute interview with this woman last week just before this happened. She was over in the UK doing a book launch which had been arranged months in advance and it had been assumed that it was ok to do it because the nomination would have been decided by this point.

What she was saying seemed very sound on her area which is foreign affairs and she constantly said to the interviewer that she was just one of many advisors to Obama and had only got involved in politics after being really impressed that someone like him would actually run.

It's a non story.

The US system for electing a president is completely fucking insane!

We do it in 4 weeks and that seems a bit long and tedious.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              ...The US system for electing a president is completely fucking insane! ...
                              Insane, flamboyant and costly... "think big"!

Comment

Working...