PDA

View Full Version : Dave was in Dallas

Little Lamont
03-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Alan Peppard: Roth got to suite but not stage in Dallas
12:00 AM CST on Sunday, March 9, 2008

Alan Peppard apeppard@dallasnews.com

How close did Van Halen get to taking the stage in Dallas last week? Close enough for David Lee Roth to make the trip, unwind at his hotel and prepare for the show.

Both Eddie Van Halen and his ex-wife, Valerie Bertinelli, gave us all a tease Monday. The guitarist was supposed to be here for a Van Halen concert at American Airlines Center and his One Day at a Time ex was supposed to sign copies of her new book at Borders.

Neither happened. Valerie was a no-show and blamed a canceled flight.

Eddie's band postponed four concerts, starting with the Dallas show. Van Halen's Web site says, "According to Eddie Van Halen's physician, he is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures."

But David Lee Roth – a.k.a. "Diamond Dave" – Van Halen's once and future lead singer, was spotted checking into the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, where he just missed centimillionaire twin Ashley Olsen. (She was in town to show her clothes line, The Row, at Forty Five Ten on McKinney.)

Diamond Dave arrived at the Mansion on Saturday and ensconced himself in the Terrace Presidential Suite, former home of Larry "J.R." Hagman. He stayed at the hotel Saturday and Sunday night. On Monday, when it was clear that the show would not go on, he departed.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-peppard_0309gl.ART.State.Bulldog.44bb33b.html

jero
03-09-2008, 03:15 PM
great choice for a hotel

Little Lamont
03-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah, really nice. According to their web site, Dave's suite is $2400.00 a day!

LoungeMachine
03-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Little Lamont
Yeah, really nice. According to their web site, Dave's suite is $2400.00 a day!

By sheer coincidence, the same figure as spED's meth/booze per diem.

:gulp:

Little Lamont
03-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Uh-oh, I see now that I've started a dupe thread.

Sorry 'bout dat!

David Lee Rocks
03-09-2008, 04:55 PM
God that pisses me off, I kept listening to the radio and they kept sayin, the show is on, then suddenly, the show WASNT on, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR