X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J Curling
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

Van Halen Putting Tour On Hold For A Month

How come were not surprised... I am so happy I caught the first two shows..

Van Halen Putting Tour On Hold For A Month

March 10, 2008, 5:25 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    After postponing a handful of dates last week in order for guitarist Eddie Van Halen to undergo tests for an unspecified medical condition, Van Halen is postponing all tour activity until April 19.

Seventeen shows are affected, beginning tomorrow night (March 11) in Charlottesville, Va., and running through April 15 in Baltimore.

According to organizers, Van Halen, who has battled cancer and substance abuse, "is currently under doctors' care" and will "continue medical tests to define a course of treatment." No further details were made available.

Fans are being asked to keep their tickets, which will be honored at makeup dates to be announced.

Van Halen returned to the road last fall with original lead singer David Lee Roth for the first time in 20-plus years. The tour, which features Eddie Van Halen's teenage son Wolfgang on bass, has routinely sold out North American arenas.

The Hammerguy
  • Pasadena Bunnie
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2006

Wow.....although I had a great seat for MSG (NYC) and travel plans paid for and in order, I'd rather see a healthy EVH than not. This is definitely deja vu of last year, but I'm good with it. I'm sure Dave may be a bit disappointed, but I think he's a strong force in EVH's life right now (at least I hope so) and he can help AVH & Wolfie. I'm actually relieved that EVH's treatment will be extensive and give him time to heal. I saw 5 dates in '07 and we've waited years for this, so what's another month or two to see one of Rock's Greatest Bands ? It's been a helluva comeback in '07 and worth it's wait in gold for '08.

Not worth getting pissed off about.....*hit happens.....and everyone's health is more important than anything.

Get well, Ed.

Hope springs eternal...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Keep it in the sticky thread, thanks....

Closing...
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...