X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MERRYKISSMASS2U
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

I don't post here often, but...

I really want you guys to stop for a moment and think about how the drug war has stripped so much money and freedom from this country.

Then consider Obama wants to end it.

That is all. It's such a passionate issue that is long and old. I just thought I would try to do a part to reclaim personal liberty.
  • MERRYKISSMASS2U
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

I know I'm probably going to get slammed for this thread, so, if you don't like Obama, please tell me someone else willing to end the "Drug War".

Comment

• Little Lamont
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2007

He's gonna legalize weed? Oh shit, please vote for the brother!

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

That makes my choice easy.
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
          Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Little Lamont
          He's gonna legalize weed? Oh shit, please vote for the brother!
          I don't believe he's ever said that.

"Ending the drug war" could also mean decriminalization.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It would significantly reduce the prison population and save a lot of money.

I'm all for decriminalization and de facto legalization of small amounts of drugs for personal consumption...

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              I'm all for decriminalization and de facto legalization of small amounts of drugs for personal consumption...
              I agree.

The war on drugs is a losing war. Prescription drugs are slowly replacing street drugs. You can pretty much walk into any doctors office and come out with a prescription for just about anything. The prescription drug lobbyist's have a strangle hold on all drugs in this country. Forget the fact that some prescription drugs have horrible and lasting side effects. They are highly additive and doctors, by the AMA’s own admission, over prescribe drugs.

The amount of jail space taken up by the nonviolent drug user is and has been steadily growing. We still believe jail is more effective than treatment.

No one will endorse hemp as an alternative to trees for paper or anything else because you’d be laughed out of any debate as a pot head. The stigma and social conditioning has rendered any alternative uses of pot as a fringe hippie group. Even when a State legalizes pot for medical use the Federal Government flips out and fights the State’s right for self-government.

I don’t believe any career politico would engage in an honest debate or run on a platform to decriminalize drugs, it would be IMO political suicide.
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

ALL drugs should be legal. Why should anyone have the right to tell you what you do with your own body, as long as you aren't harming anyone else?

"But binnie, heroin addicts commit violent crimes."

Yeah, so do people who drink too much - you gonna ban alcohol. Ooops, sorry, that's taxable.

"But binnie, crack and heroin kill lots of people each year"

Well, so does alcohol. They just don't run ad campaigns showing people too drunk to function in any way as they slowly kill themselves. In fact, I reckon alcohol kills more people than all other drugs combined.

And so what if heroin kills people. Stop limiting people's right to choose for themselves - I'm an adult, don't protect me. You want to run the gaunlet with drugs, I couldn't give a fuck.

"But binnie, drug addicts steal to fuel their habit, so drugs do effect other people."

If drugs were legal, they'd be cheaper, like nicotine and booze. Thus people wouldn't have to steal to cop a fix.

I recognize that most people wouldn't go as far as legalizing ALL drugs, but I certainly would. That way you kill the illegal trade, you take huge sums of money out of organized crime, and you make sure that people know what they are buying - you buy drugs off a dealer and it could have been cut with rat poison for all you know. Buy it at a store and it won't have been.

All makes sense to me.....
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Blackflag
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2006

Good thing that potheads aren't taken seriously. You people are too fucking stupid to know when to vote.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Crack and heroin kill a lot of people because it's expensive and hard to get. Not to mention illegal.

The illegality of it is what makes it most dangerous.

Originally posted by Blackflag
                    Good thing that potheads aren't taken seriously. You people are too fucking stupid to know when to vote.
                    I'd love to hear your side of the argument.

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Blackflag
                      Okay there spankie!

Let's go back to prohibition and make the mob some more money.

Oh shit what was I talking about dude........hehe.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by binnie
                        ALL drugs should be legal. Why should anyone have the right to tell you what you do with your own body, as long as you aren't harming anyone else?

"But binnie, heroin addicts commit violent crimes."

Yeah, so do people who drink too much - you gonna ban alcohol. Ooops, sorry, that's taxable.

"But binnie, crack and heroin kill lots of people each year"

Well, so does alcohol. They just don't run ad campaigns showing people too drunk to function in any way as they slowly kill themselves. In fact, I reckon alcohol kills more people than all other drugs combined.

And so what if heroin kills people. Stop limiting people's right to choose for themselves - I'm an adult, don't protect me. You want to run the gaunlet with drugs, I couldn't give a fuck.

"But binnie, drug addicts steal to fuel their habit, so drugs do effect other people."

If drugs were legal, they'd be cheaper, like nicotine and booze. Thus people wouldn't have to steal to cop a fix.

I recognize that most people wouldn't go as far as legalizing ALL drugs, but I certainly would. That way you kill the illegal trade, you take huge sums of money out of organized crime, and you make sure that people know what they are buying - you buy drugs off a dealer and it could have been cut with rat poison for all you know. Buy it at a store and it won't have been.

All makes sense to me.....
                        You have agood point about legalizing drugs to remove the profit
                        from the hands of orginized crime.
                        I have used many of these substances (illegaly)and even made
                        a few bucks buying small quantities and reselling (mainly to friends).
                        But I have seen too many peoples lives turn to shit not because
                        they got busted but because of what the drugs did to them.
                        Legalize heroin? How would you control how much someone took?
                        And Coke or Speed? Have you ever smoked either one?
                        Never smoked crack but pissed away a small fortune smoking rock.
                        Tried smoking speed once , luckily for me my buddy decided to be a tight ass and cut me off after a couple hits , claiming he didn't want me to become addicted.
                        He was just greedy , but it worked , I never did it again.
                        When I snorted it I had limitations , could ration what I had.
                        When I smoked I just wanted another hit.
                        Didn't want to stop , ever , just hand me that pipe.
                        P C P ? Went nutso tried to push someone out a window , ended
                        up with a concussion .Didn't even know it was P C P thought it was
                        Thai stick maybe opium dipped , found out too late it was PCP.
                        Acid , potency too varied .
                        One time you just get the giggles and see trippy shit , next time
                        full blown hallucination.
                        Legalize weed? Why not .
                        I smoked the shit (and still would if my job permitted)for over 30
                        years .
                        I know a lot of successful people ( cops , doctors , lawyers ,
                        business owners) that are know "closet smokers".
                        Never had long term negative effect on them.
                        Other drugs I just don't think you can guaranty the user would only hurt themselves.
                        As you've said people commit crimes to get booze(and cigarettes)
                        making drugs legal won't stop people who can't pay for them from
                        commiting crimes to get them .
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Before you attack.
                          I accessed this thread from the main menu(newest posts)
                          and didn't realize I had trespassed in "The Front Line".
                          I know I am not welcome here , so please forgive.
                          I'm not looking for trouble.
                          Have been enjoying the "cease fire".
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Keef
                            Roadie
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
                            Crack and heroin kill a lot of people because it's expensive and hard to get. Not to mention illegal.

The illegality of it is what makes it most dangerous.

I'd love to hear your side of the argument.
                            His drug of choice is Ego. A rather nasty killer in it's own way.

The high makes you feel better than anyone.

But it's a lie.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

I feel as if I have no freedom because of this fight.

Save money, and at LEAST free the weed, politicians.

Do we even have a voice in this?

Comment

Working...