• Show
Clear All
  • Firebrand
    Roadie
    • Jun 2004

I still believe....

...that the real issue at what is happening is either

a) some kind of cancer scare, or

b) Eddie's got some serious issues in his 53-year old playing hand/wrist.

Cancer is a bitch. Period.

If you are a guitarist, wrist problems (arthritis/tendonitis/carpal tunnel) is a bitch, period.

Of course, cancer is by far the most serious...but both require medical attention.

And if it IS the wrist, I can tell you from a first-hand perspective that little other than rest and/or surgery will help it. And THAT, my buds, very well may be what the month delay is all about.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
    Last edited by Firebrand; 03-13-2008, 08:38 PM.
    With a rebel yell, she cries "more more more!"...
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Firebrand
    b) Eddie's got some serious issues in his 53-year old playing hand/wrist.
    I think it may be a combo alcoholism relapse and wrist/hand problem.
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• DlocRoth
      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I don't now who the hell Firebrand is.....but he/she has a damn good point.

Ed stepped into some shit.....

Let him work it out. Is it cancer? Is it booze?

Who gives a fuck?

The guy needs an adult.
      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• bantonelli
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Let's hope. I'm not spending another dime on hotel/travel expenses, eating cancellation charges and dealing with Ticketmaster for any additional BS that might come to us from PEOPLE MAG, POLLSTAR, or VHLINKS...
        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by DlocRoth

The guy needs an adult.
          Wise words.

He also needs a decent PR team to let people know what the fuck is going on.
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

and we don't need another thread about that topic...
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• VanHalener
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I still believe I'm still too pissed to give a shit about the whole fiasco.
              ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Firebrand
                Roadie
                • Jun 2004

Fiasco? What fiasco?

Crap, Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth are back on stage together, and you call it a fiasco? I call it a freakin' miracle!

Van Halen has always been a high maintenance band. Every incarnation of them has been. Why should this be any different - except we are talking about men who are a handfull of years away from their 60th birthdays, and the bodies do have a way of making issues out of things that it didn't for, oh, the first 40 or so.

I admit I was expecting a fiasco...but with my own two eyes and ears became a believer. They can still kick booty with the best of them - when they are able to.
                With a rebel yell, she cries "more more more!"...

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2006

Re: Fiasco? What fiasco?

Originally posted by Firebrand
                  Crap, Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth are back on stage together, and you call it a fiasco? I call it a freakin' miracle!

Van Halen has always been a high maintenance band. Every incarnation of them has been. Why should this be any different - except we are talking about men who are a handfull of years away from their 60th birthdays, and the bodies do have a way of making issues out of things that it didn't for, oh, the first 40 or so.

I admit I was expecting a fiasco...but with my own two eyes and ears became a believer. They can still kick booty with the best of them - when they are able to.
                  I don't think Vanhaler meant "Fiasco" the way you understood it. We all think that the magical chemistry of EVH & DLR on stage together is explosive.....but it is currently a "Fiasco" = postponed Tour...

Get it?

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2006

Oops...spell typo....sorry about that, Vanhalener.

Comment

• thome
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Mar 2005

BOOZE ,DRUG ADDICTION, PLINKING PEDS IN A CLOCK TOWER!!!

are all manifestations of inner pain that pain can be mental or physical

WTF ever .

and yeah some pain can't be delt with COWBOY!

GET OFF ED's ass.

Your lucky he gave you the fukkin notes in the first place.

I guaranFUKKINTEE you he wouldn't cancel SH!T just to be a PUSSY!

SO FUKK OFF!

Now excuse the FUKK OU OF ME... I need to cook up some SMACK drink the GODDAM last half of this pint then load my 308 and get to the CLOCK TOWER AND START TAKIN MF'ers OUT!

MOVE UPSIDE AN LET THE MAN GO FROOOO!

Comment

• jero
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

After two decades of waiting this is not a way to end it!

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

I dunno, dude.

How much down time has been at Ed's disposal over the last 12 years?

The guy has had all the time in the world to get ready for this tour, and he doesn't exactly seem to be getting healthier as the years roll on (drying out last year and getting his teeth cleaned certainly had him LOOKING better than he has for years, for whatever that's worth).

I'd rather take the tack that the tour, both high points and low, might very well represent the best of what the band is capable of right now, and use that assertion as a barometer of the future, rather than get expectations up too high and inevitably be let down.

Hell, I wanted some new music from the original four and the CVH lineup to hit the road. Doesn't seem impossible or too much to ask for, right? It DOES seem that using the standards the band set from 1978 to 1984 to judge what's happening today just isn't a reasonable way to go about it, because too many years have gone by (and all the trappings of those years, be it health issues or ego clashes, seemingly are an inescapable feature of the band now) and those grand, old days are just GONE, man!
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                            Veteran
                            • May 2004

If Eddie has lost some hand-control as some concert-goers have witnessed, then he may have a neiro-degeneratie disease.........MS, ALS, whatever.

The hands are the first to suffer. If he is under a Doctor's care, it isn't arthritis..................

Comment

• Ellyllions
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2006

I overheard an interesting conversation on this last night. I could've joined in, but it got a little ridiculous so I just kept my trap shut.

3 fans talking about what's going on and no matter what the real issue is, I realized by listening to them that keeping so quiet about what's going on is the real nail in the coffin for the CVH reputation.

I won't try to transcribe what was said, just wrap it up with...
                              NO ONE believes that there's not personal conflict that's causing the hiatus. All three of those fans had turned their floor tickets back to TicketBastard and aren't regretting it. They even discussed how the band was probably better off with Hagar because this obviously has to be conflict between Roth and Ed. Their words, "Otherwise, why wouldn't we know what the issue is with Ed's health." They went on to say that word got out about Patrick Swayze, even though it was wrong, and he's not even the big news now-a-days.

Bottom line is that the silence is damaging to anything that the band is trying to do by bringing Roth back. And even more damaging to Roth because of the past appearing to repeat itself.
                              "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

Working...