PDA

View Full Version : Michael Anthony's demonic imagery

rustoffa
03-24-2008, 12:41 AM
Maybe you've seen it, maybe you haven't. Personally, I wish I'd never seen it. Why in the hell (no pun intended) would Michael Anthony decide to portray himself as the gatekeeper of some kind of fiery oven? To me, it looks like he's pointing the way to eternal damnation....maybe just wanting to Barbecue his arm?

Am I over reacting?

Give us your thoughts on this sub-Freudian graphic.
:confused:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6758/maat4.jpg

cadaverdog
03-24-2008, 01:00 AM
What about the title ?
What is he mad about ?
Or is he refering to being in a state of mental illness
when he chose Sammy over the brothers?
Not so sure he made a bad choice , might be Ed was
motivated by a chance to play in a band with his boy
and since Dave was willing to forgive and forget , what
the hell , might as well see what happens.
Maybe Mike was out the day they fired Sammy , the
second time.

I saw the Sam and Dave show at Glen Hellen , the
last place I had seen CVH .
If Mike would have came out during Daves set and
jammed with Dave everybody would have went wild.
Now if you believe Mike's side he claims he and
Sammy offered to jam with Dave , anytime but
Dave never accepted.
I never heard if Mike offered to support Dave without
Sammy.

Nitro Express
03-24-2008, 01:45 AM
Mike's hot sauce slogan in "It's so hot you are going to need two assholes." Mike seems to be into heat, flames, chili peppers, and assholes.

The subliminal message is easy to read. Sammy looks a lot like Heat Miser and Mike is in love with the Red Rocker's asshole. Notice that non of this subliminal behavior existed when Roth was in Van Halen. Mike turned into the Red Asshole Reamer when Sammy joined Van Halen.

Nitro Express
03-24-2008, 01:49 AM
"Mikey. Stick your chilli pepper up my Red Rocking asshole.".....Love Heat Hagar.....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1SHC6rxUv_o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1SHC6rxUv_o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

bantonelli
03-24-2008, 02:10 AM
Mikey thinks he's "Hot Stuff" ...

Tabasco can't touch this scorchin' Bassplayer ...

Paris Hilton has christened Bassplayer "Flamin' HOT" ...

The heat is on....is it me or is it getting warm around here ? ;)

Nitro Express
03-24-2008, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Mikey thinks he's "Hot Stuff" ...

Tabasco can't touch this scorchin' Bassplayer ...

Paris Hilton has christened Bassplayer "Flamin' HOT" ...

The heat is on....is it me or is it getting warm around here ? ;)

He's a fucking has been gimp who if he's not riding on Eddie Van Halen's coat tails he's riding on Sammy Hagar's. He is so pathetic because Sammy already had a bass player named Mona who he refused to fire to make a place for Mike. So Mike is like this special guest. Why put up with that bullshit when you can sing well and play and intrument and have Van Halen fame behind you. Mike would just have to hire some decent musicians and he could be blowing his buddy Sam off the stage. Come on Bassplayer. Grow a pair.

03-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Dave is the master of subliminal suggestion, just watch the jump video!

bantonelli
03-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
He's a fucking has been gimp who if he's not riding on Eddie Van Halen's coat tails he's riding on Sammy Hagar's. He is so pathetic because Sammy already had a bass player named Mona who he refused to fire to make a place for Mike. So Mike is like this special guest. Why put up with that bullshit when you can sing well and play and intrument and have Van Halen fame behind you. Mike would just have to hire some decent musicians and he could be blowing his buddy Sam off the stage. Come on Bassplayer. Grow a pair.

You're right. Isn't he also using Spamtard's band members to open Sammy's shows and calling his quartet the Michael Anthony Express? LOL! He doesn't seem to go out and get his own band together...he's got to know plenty of musicians in the industry... I think for starters, Bassplayer is no songwriter, therefore none of his material would ever be original.....just copy tunes. Who wants to work in a lounge band doing Top 40 and old VH tunes, when you can see the Atomic Punks instead.

Bassplayer made alot of money on the Van Halen catalog....all of which he never wrote a lick, but shared the credit. LOL!!!
He had a sweet deal for awhile and now..... squeezing Jalapenos for their "gold" has become his talent

:rolleyes:

Terry
03-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Just have no use for the guy unless he's in a Roth-fronted Van Halen.

Without getting into the whole "It's Ed's fault Mike's not there" vs. "It's Mike's fault Mike isn't there" biz, well, Mike SHOULD have been there with the band this past year (more for tradition than anything necessarily great he might bring to the table these days), but wasn't.

Maybe MA is content to play second fiddle to Hagar because he doesn't have the skills to lead a band on his own...I dunno.

03-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Fat Pig is not in Van Halen, because ED and Al are pissed at him for, getting too friendly with Sam.

03-24-2008, 12:04 PM
What year did Ed/Al`s mum die? Apparantly, Sam and Mullet did not show up for the funeral, to get at ED and Al. Is this true!

Nitro Express
03-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
You're right. Isn't he also using Spamtard's band members to open Sammy's shows and calling his quartet the Michael Anthony Express? LOL! He doesn't seem to go out and get his own band together...he's got to know plenty of musicians in the industry... I think for starters, Bassplayer is no songwriter, therefore none of his material would ever be original.....just copy tunes. Who wants to work in a lounge band doing Top 40 and old VH tunes, when you can see the Atomic Punks instead.

Bassplayer made alot of money on the Van Halen catalog....all of which he never wrote a lick, but shared the credit. LOL!!!
He had a sweet deal for awhile and now..... squeezing Jalapenos for their "gold" has become his talent

From what I heard VH used to split the dough up equally in the old days. I think Roth would still give Mike and equal cut since he's an original member and all. In fact, Roth is the guy who mentioned Mike did a lot in early VH. Roth said he had great ideas but it was Mike that could build and wire the shit up. Ed and Al just threw the guy under the bus and made he look to be a hanger on. Maybe in a way he was but you don't treat a loyal original member like that. One reason I don't think much of the Van Halens as people. Mucho assholes if you ask me. The original member with any class left is Dave Roth.

cadaverdog
03-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
From what I heard VH used to split the dough up equally in the old days. I think Roth would still give Mike and equal cut since he's an original member and all. In fact, Roth is the guy who mentioned Mike did a lot in early VH. Roth said he had great ideas but it was Mike that could build and wire the shit up. Ed and Al just threw the guy under the bus and made he look to be a hanger on. Maybe in a way he was but you don't treat a loyal original member like that. One reason I don't think much of the Van Halens as people. Mucho assholes if you ask me. The original member with any class left is Dave Roth.

I'm pretty much on board with your version but Mike did play
with Sam after the brothers (or sisters , if you prefer ) supposedly
told him not to.
The first Van Halen was a band , all equals but Van Hagar must
have been a company , or Ed And Al couldn't have fired Sammy
without Mike agreeing .
After the greatest hits album was made and Dave found out
he had been used , I don't remember Mike joining in on the
"Dave's washed up" , "Daves a goofball" shit the sisters
were spewing.
If he didn't , why does the majority of the Army hate Mike
just for choosing Sam over Ed and Al?
If Sam never bad mouthed Dave after he took over a gig that
Dave quit , I could see the Army saying Van Hagar was not as
good as Van Halen (with Dave) , but would there be a reason
to hate him?

Pasadena Bunnie
03-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Mike did say his share of crapola about Dave in an interview for the "Early VH Years" DVD, which was released in 2003.

cadaverdog
03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Pasadena Bunnie
Mike did say his share of crapola about Dave in an interview for the "Early VH Years" DVD, which was released in 2003.

Then he's a dick , so fuck him anyway .

Obviously Page and Plant had some issue with
John Paul Jones but had enough class to keep
it personal and not air it to the public.

Not to make excuses for Mike , but maybe he
felt if he didn't bad mouth Dave he might not
keep his job.

diamondsgirl
03-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Maybe you've seen it, maybe you haven't. Personally, I wish I'd never seen it. Why in the hell (no pun intended) would Michael Anthony decide to portray himself as the gatekeeper of some kind of fiery oven? To me, it looks like he's pointing the way to eternal damnation....maybe just wanting to Barbecue his arm?

Am I over reacting?

Like other forms of self mutilation, the physical pain of putting his arms in the fiery oven helps him disconnect from the emotional pain of working with Hagar.

If you ask me. :)

03-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Fat Mullet has got we he deserves.

He has been so two faced, over the last 10 years, he`s fucking unbelieveable!

Fuck you Fat Pig, and your hillbillie, retarded fans!

Terry
03-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by cadaverdog
told him not to.
without Mike agreeing .
were spewing.
to hate him?

Well, it wasn't like 'Van Halen' were exactly doing much of anything after Cherone bailed up until, say, November of 2003 to November / December 2004 (whenever the 2004 tour ended). And the band pretty much did fuck-all from the beginning of 2005 until the end of 2006. So it's not like a reasonable person can really blame Anthony for wanting to do something with Hagar. I don't bear MA any ill-will for wanting to do SOMETHING other than sit around and watch Ed demo '3 to 4 albums worth' of material that's never gonna see the light of day, anyway.

Would seem that Anthony joining in with Hagar in making comments about EVH's behaviour on the 2004 tour (true or not) probably wasn't a wise move.

Truth be told, it's not really a hate scene for me re: Hagar, Anthony or Cherone. I've just got no use for Hagar or Cherone, period. And unless MA is in Van Halen, I've got no use for him, either.

All that having been said, MA should be playing with the band. Not Wolfie. I realize Wolfie was probably the pivot point and reason Roth is back with the band now, and that Ed needs to feel good about who he's playing with these days to be bothered enough to go out and work, but it still doesn't negate the fact that Ed and his brother are a couple of dickheads.

rustoffa
03-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Terry
All that having been said, MA should be playing with the band. Not Wolfie. I realize Wolfie was probably the pivot point and reason Roth is back with the band now, and that Ed needs to feel good about who he's playing with these days to be bothered enough to go out and work, but it still doesn't negate the fact that Ed and his brother are a couple of dickheads.

Great post Terry, as per the norm. The dynamics of the situation are what they are. They are steeped in a menagerie of contempt, jealosy and bitterness. There are really no "good guys" involved, save for Wolf. I know, I know...Wolf may be a juvenile calculating bastard, for all we know. The aforementioned white hat is in regard to his "newbie" status. See, he hasn't made any negative remarks about former or present band members.....yet.

People should just come to grips with the fact that Michael Anthony doesn't wear a fucking white hat. He's not some jovial guy...free of contempt, jealosy and bitterness. He ripped Dave during Van Hagar status....he chose sides with Edward's recently-most-maligned.

I dunno....the concept sells itself.
:(

kwame k
03-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa

Am I over reacting?

I thought when you sold your soul to the devil for fortune and fame you had to make a reference to Satan on your web page. I think it’s in the contract somewhere.

bueno bob
03-25-2008, 04:32 AM
Then he's a dick , so fuck him anyway .

Not to make excuses for Mike , but maybe he
felt if he didn't bad mouth Dave he might not
keep his job.

These guys are all dicks, David Lee Roth included. Why even fool ourselves about it? Van Halen, with Roth at the helm, is singularly THE greatest rock and roll band of this (or any other) generation, but as people? They're all a bunch of fucking egomaniacal dicks, some bigger than others, but all equally accountable.

At least, if the definition of being a "dick" in Van Halen is talking shit about a current/former member of the band, anyway.

Now that I think about it, Gary Cherone would be the only one to get a pass in that regards...

hideyoursheep
03-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Tour blog.

LMAO!

He blogs?

HE TOURS?!?!

kwame k
03-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
These guys are all dicks, David Lee Roth included. Why even fool ourselves about it? Van Halen, with Roth at the helm, is singularly THE greatest rock and roll band of this (or any other) generation, but as people? They're all a bunch of fucking egomaniacal dicks, some bigger than others, but all equally accountable.

At least, if the definition of being a "dick" in Van Halen is talking shit about a current/former member of the band, anyway.

Now that I think about it, Gary Cherone would be the only one to get a pass in that regards...

What’s that old saying, “separate the art from the artist.”

Nitro Express
03-26-2008, 01:42 AM
told him not to.
without Mike agreeing .
were spewing.
to hate him?

I never quite got how they tricked Dave and used him. I'm sorry but as soon as people find out Dave isn't on the new record or tour it's not going to sell. I never got that one at all. You can't use Dave Roth to promote Van Halen III and the tour when he isn't the singer. Why wouldn't Ray Daniel's want Dave back? Look at the money Dave made that band on this current tour. The number two grossing act of the year. I think it all just blew up because of Eddie.

Nitro Express
03-26-2008, 01:44 AM
Just like this current tour stalled because of Eddie. If there is a fuckup, all roads lead to Ed.