X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J Curling
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

Ed keeps selling the Charvel's...

Maybe you checked this out already, but I was surprised since he's doing the Fender Frankenstrat's... Guess you can do both when you're EVH.

A bunch of new Art Series guitars played as late as Feb 08.

Bids starting at $8.000..

The Hammerguy
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

He should keep them all they sound better than the shitty guitars he's been playing !!!

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

crazy...as if him playing it for a song somehow makes it a "classic"

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
        He should keep them all they sound better than the shitty guitars he's been playing !!!
        The Charvels sounded WAY better live than the Wolfgang models he played; the Charvels had a crisp, bright sound that stood out in the mix, whereas the Wolfgang models had this mid-range, muddy tone.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

100% CORRECT !!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
            The Charvels sounded WAY better live than the Wolfgang models he played; the Charvels had a crisp, bright sound that stood out in the mix, whereas the Wolfgang models had this mid-range, muddy tone.
            Not to mention the good old Strat is better looking than a blob with a wedge shaped neck on it. The Wolfgang is a big fat ugly body with this neck with a small peghead. It's just ugly.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

The Musicman EVH was not bad looking. It's when Ed blew the top and bottom out that made it a horrible cluster fuck.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I would get the whole ART Guitar thing if Ed was donating the money to a charity like cancer research. Him just selling them for the money makes him look cheesy. Hell, he's making a ton just with this tour and his other EVH products.

Comment

• J Curling
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

I think the Wolfgang looks like shit.

There's so much more Rock N Roll & VH feel to a striped Charvel..
                  The Hammerguy

Comment

• Coyote
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

The new (and not at all improved) Wolfgang looks like an unbalanced, out-of-proportion bottle/can opener!
                    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Coyote
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

And where the hell does Ed get that upper midrange squawk in his tone?
                      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Terry
                        Couldn't agree more
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                          crazy...as if him playing it for a song somehow makes it a "classic"
                          I think the selling factor is he applied the tape personally in his "patented" design. Some other stiff painted and finished them. So in essense it is more a piece of Ed art than a rock legend guitar.

Starting bids on those things are set at $5150.00, not 8k.

I have to disagree on the Fart Series sounding better... at the Little Rock show they both sounded thin and lacked any low/midrange balls in the tone department.

I do agree the strat style body looks better than that hybrid Les Paul look of the Wolfgang...
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

I have a Music Man EVH model and it's three times the quality of a Wolfgang guitar !!!!

Comment

• VAiN
                              Use my hand, I won't look
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                              I have a Music Man EVH model and it's three times the quality of a Wolfgang guitar !!!!
                              I have both, and I don't agree with your post. They're both great, solid guitars. I think that the Wolfgang has a smoother tone.
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...