X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

JFK v. Bush

I was reading this thing by David Mamet the other day and he has a point.

I found not only that I didn’t trust the current government (that, to me, was no surprise); but that an impartial review revealed that the faults of this president – whom I, a good liberal, considered a monster – were little different from those of a president whom I revered.

George W Bush got us into Iraq; JFK into Vietnam. Bush stole the election in Florida; Kennedy stole his in Chicago. Bush outed a CIA agent; Kennedy left hundreds of them to die in the surf at the Bay of Pigs. Bush lied about his military service; Kennedy accepted a Pulitzer prize for a book written by Ted Sorensen. Bush was in bed with the Saudis; Kennedy with the mafia.
  • WACF
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

The more things change the more they stay the same...

Comment

• Blackflag
      Banned
      • Apr 2006

Both spoiled rich kids out of touch with reality.

JFK sucked. Bush really sucks the long, hard big one.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Accept Mamet has his head up his ass and his main "facts" are wrong...

Kennedy didn't "get us into Vietnam" as we were already there, and it was LBJ that committed large numbers of ground troops and there is anecdotal evidence that Kennedy was becoming more disillusioned the the Saigon asshats after they killed Diem. He's holding JFK accountable for something that largely happened after his death..

Kennedy didn't "steal" Chicago, and even if he did it wouldn't have mattered because he would have won the election even if he lost Chicago. A lot of the Chicago/Mob shit actually comes out of Tricky Dick Nixon's campaign and the disgruntled GOP that was unable to substantiate any real voter fraud...

Sorenson didn't "ghost write" Kennedy's book as JFK had a long track record going back to his Harvard Thesis (which he also made into a book) regarding foreign policy and it was his intellectual obsession. He probably had help, but Kennedy did the majority of writing..

And Kennedy didn't leave 1000s of them to die. That was a CIA orchestrated, but Cuban, operation. They were not CIA Agents, they were Cuban insurrectionists..

If the sons of those driven out of Cuba couldn't overthrow Castro, then why should American kids have to die to do it? The whole reason that prick Castro came to power was because many of those right wing Cubans were same ones that supported that corrupt pig Batista, who (like Castro) shit on the backs of their countrymen...

Shame on him for such a superficial and shallow comparison...
        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-01-2008, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Accept Mamet has his head up his ass and his main "facts" are wrong...

Kennedy didn't "get us into Vietnam" as we were already there, and it was LBJ that committed large numbers of ground troops and there is anecdotal evidence that Kennedy was becoming more disillusioned the the Saigon asshats after they killed Diem. He's holding JFK accountable for something that largely happened after his death..

Kennedy didn't "steal" Chicago, and even if he did it wouldn't have mattered because he would have won the election even if he lost Chicago. A lot of the Chicago/Mob shit actually comes out of Tricky Dick Nixon's campaign and the disgruntled GOP that was unable to substantiate any real voter fraud...

Sorenson didn't "ghost write" Kennedy's book as JFK had a long track record going back to his Harvard Thesis (which he also made into a book) regarding foreign policy and it was his intellectual obsession. He probably had help, but Kennedy did the majority of writing..

And Kennedy didn't leave 1000s of them to die. That was a CIA orchestrated, but Cuban, operation. They were not CIA Agents, they were Cuban insurrectionists..

If the sons of those driven out of Cuba couldn't overthrow Castro, then why should American kids have to die to do it? The whole reason that prick Castro came to power was because many of those right wing Cubans were same ones that supported that corrupt pig Batista, who (like Castro) shit on the backs of their countrymen...

Shame on him for such a superficial and shallow comparison...
          I do respect LBJ for signing the Civil Rights Bills that he did but in reality those were JFK’s.

JFK made huge mistakes in his early years as president but he was growing into a great President.
          He learned from his mistakes at the Bay of Pigs and never blindly followed The CIA or anyone afterwards.

He had brass balls for playing the Cuban Missile Crisis the way he did.

Plus show me a speech by Bush that matches anything that JFK did..

Oh yeah,

He was banging this

And George was banging this

Or worse...
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...