• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Velvet Revolver officially splits with Scotty

Taken from Blabbermouth:

VELVET REVOLVER founding members Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner announced today (Tuesday, April 1) that they are parting ways with singer Scott Weiland. "This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," said Slash in a press release. "Among other things, his increasingly erratic onstage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on."

Slash hinted in a recent interview that the band might carry on without Weiland, who announced onstage in Glasgow two weeks ago that fans were watching the "last tour" by the group. Weiland and drummer Matt Sorum proceeded to get into a public war of words online, fueling speculation that the band was splitting apart. But Slash told Classic Rock magazine, "Obviously I'm very aware of everything that's going on. The only thing I can add to that is, in contrast to what Scott says, there will be a VELVET REVOLVER after this tour." When asked if Weiland would continue as the singer, Slash added with a chuckle, "I have no comment on that."

Weiland is reuniting with his previous outfit, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, which broke up in 2002. The group has scheduled a press conference in Los Angeles for April 7 where it will announce a full tour of 50 or more dates for the summer and fall in addition to the handful of festival shows already confirmed.

Weiland spent a month in rehab recently, following an arrest for driving under the influence last November and his failure to show up for a VELVET REVOLVER gig at the Sundance Festival in January.

Despite the latest turmoil, bassist Duff McKagan told the U.K.'s Journal Live recently, "VELVET REVOLVER is something that's going to be around for a long while yet."
    Twistin' by the pool.
  • Tiki-Tom
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

Hence the new STP press release and the end of VR threads.
    Last edited by Tiki-Tom; 04-02-2008, 12:06 AM.
    [

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Hey, man...this thing takes so fucking long to load sometimes, can you blame me for just posting immediately?

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

STP on the table, Gunners next !!!
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
          Commando
          • Apr 2006

Yeah, the site's so slow lately, it reminds me of the wait for a Van Halen reunion.

For the record, Scott "officially" said what he thought of their future a week ago. Slash wants it to sound like they canned Scott, but how can ya fire somebody who already quit?
          [

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
            Head Fluffer
            • Nov 2004

this is great now slash can work with a real singer ,instead of that lame poser scott weiland !!!

Comment

• Padre Atilio
              Head Fluffer
              • Jun 2006

I would suggest Sebastian Bach for Velvet Revolver.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Padre Atilio
                I would suggest Sebastian Bach for Velvet Revolver.
                They tried him out before Scott. Slash said that it didn't really work, it sounded like "Skid Roses."

I have no idea who they will get to sing. Since 1990, how many great rock singers have there been?
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Nov 2004

I think thier best bet it to get a young unknown with loads of talent ..... were tired of hearing the same old retread singers from the 80s and 90s ..... its time for some new blood and i will bet you alot of young hard rock singers would love to play with slash ...... surprise us velvet revlover !!!!!! give us someone young 20 or early 30s whos hungary and really ready to rock !!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

I agree with the new blood idea !!

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Not Again?

Another Great Band Breaks-Up.
                      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

You might as well reunite Bach, Dennis DeYoung and Steve Perry with their bands while you're at it....

Just a matter of time before GNR finally gets back together....

They're not fucking blind, they see the payday that is awaiting them if/when they get back, VH has shown that....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• bastardog
                          Commando
                          • Feb 2004

They could hire Michael Kiske.

(ex Helloween)
                          Bastardog

Comment

• Douglas T.
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

As long as they don't go with Jizzy Pearl!

Comment

• Douglas T.
                              Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

I think I heard something about the singer from Stryper!

Comment

Working...