X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Island Boy
    Roadie
    • May 2004

Yanks set to show off Sabathia, Burnett

In what might be the final news conference at Yankee Stadium, the team will introduce CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett on Thursday.

NEW YORK -- In what might be the final news conference at Yankee Stadium, the team will introduce CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett on Thursday.

The free-agent pitchers reached preliminary agreements last week, with Sabathia getting a $161 million, seven-year contract and Burnett an $82.5 million, five-year deal. Sabathia's agreement is a record amount for a pitcher.

While the news conference will be at the old ballpark, the pair will be taken across the street afterward for photo opportunities at the new $1.3 billion stadium, which is still under construction.

Notes: C Jorge Posada threw from 60 feet Wednesday at the Yankees' complex in Tampa, Fla., his first throws from that distance since shoulder surgery on July 30. He had three sessions of 25 throws each.
    Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going. Wooooo!
  • redblkwht
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Teixeira too? wow but IMO he's not all that in clutch situations..
    frikken yankees, I woulda picked up manny if i was them instead.

Mark Teixeira has reached agreement with the Yankees on an eight-year contract worth $180 million, three sources involved in the negotiations tells ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.

EUAS

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

But, but, but MLB keeps setting attendance records....

All is well in MLB !!!!

[ And if you believe that I believe that, you don't know me very well.... ]
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...