PDA

View Full Version : Travolta's Son Dies on Vacation Suddenly

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 06:58 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j0wedKH98UcD_b0W-ZGcWsepQ1GQD95F9E500

Travolta's teenage son has died after injuring himself at the actor's vacation home. Police spokeswoman Loretta Mackey says 16-year-old Jett Travolta hit his head in a bathtub Friday Jan. 2, 2009. She said he was declared dead at Rand Memorial Hospital on Grand Bahama Island. (AP Photo/Jennifer Graylock,File)

©2008 Google - Map data ©2008 LeadDog Consulting, Tele Atlas - Terms of UseJohn Travolta's 16-year-old son dies in Bahamas
By JUAN McCARTNEY – 1 hour ago

NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) — John Travolta's teenage son, Jett, died in the Bahamas after falling ill and hitting his head at his family's vacation home, police said Friday. A house caretaker found Jett, 16, unconscious in a bathroom late Friday morning. He was taken by ambulance to a Freeport hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to a statement from chief police superintendent Basil Rahming.

The teenager had last been seen going into the bathroom on Thursday and had a history of seizures, according to the statement. Police said they are planning an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Another police spokeswoman, Loretta Mackey, said Jett apparently hit his head on the bathtub.

A spokeswoman for Rand Memorial Hospital in Freeport said she could not release any information because of privacy concerns.

Jett was the oldest child of Travolta and his wife, actress Kelly Preston, who also have an 8-year-old daughter. The family arrived on a private plane Tuesday and had been vacationing at their home in the Old Bahama Bay resort community.

"The Travolta family has become like family to us at Old Bahama Bay and we extend our deepest sympathies to them," said Robert Gidel, president of Ginn Resorts, the property's owner.

Coyote
01-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Damn. :(

Nickdfresh
01-02-2009, 07:11 PM
That's terrible. :(

Actually, about 15-years ago, I passed out while taking a piss and hit my head on a bathtub rim. I was drinking too much, sleeping too little, and working a lot. Fortunately for me - I kind of realized what was happening and I think I sort of braced for impact, but I still hit the back of my head pretty hard. I can still feel that "clunk" today...

It's the worst thing to read that a young kid has died. My condolences...

kwame k
01-02-2009, 09:06 PM
16 is way too young and burying a child that young is something no parent should have to go through.

SparkieD
01-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Feel absolutely awful for them:(

That said, what twat would deny his kid anti-seizure medication because Elron said so?

bueno bob
01-03-2009, 05:41 PM
There's an autopsy being done, and if it comes to light that John and Kelly were auditing him for his problems and withholding medication, they should both be arrested and charged with murder. Period. It sucks absolute shit to lose a kid at that age, but if THAT comes out (and I'm withholding judgement until it's announced for certain), I will lose every bit of sympathy for them.

I would say God bless them during their time of need...but it wouldn't make any difference to them. How about Xenu bless?

I would also suggest they find a grief counselor to help them through their time of need...but...

Yeah, Scientology is a warm fucking shoulder to lean on, isn't it? Maybe Tom Cruise has some insight for them.

FORD
01-04-2009, 08:38 AM
I guess the kid's skull must have hit the bathtub in exactly the wrong place if it killed him :(

I passed out when I was really baked one time, and hit a bathroom sink so hard I knocked it off the wall. Woke up a few hours later and didn't even have a headache. Granted, that was probably just a really bad case of temporary low blood sugar and nothing like whatever caused this kid to have seizures. But as far as the head hitting the porcelain itself, it seems odd that would kill him.

CVH Rulz
01-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Travolta "heartbroken" over son's death

By Reuters2 hours, 15 minutes ago

NASSAU (Reuters) - Actor John Travolta broke a two-day silence over the death of his 16-year-old son Jett on Sunday, saying he and his wife, actress Kelly Preston, were "heartbroken" by their sudden loss.

Jett, who had a history of seizures, was found unconscious in a bathroom at his family's home at the Old Bahama Bay resort on Grand Bahama Island on Friday morning.

He was pronounced dead after being taken by ambulance to Rand Memorial Hospital in Freeport and an autopsy to determine the cause of death is due to be performed in the Bahamas on Monday.

"Jett was the most wonderful son that two parents could ever ask for and lit up the lives of everyone he encountered," Travolta said in a statement posted on his website www.travolta.com.

"We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time that we had with him for the rest of our lives."

The statement did not refer to Jett's medical history or possible cause of death. But Travolta's lawyers, Michael Ossi and Michael McDermott, were quoted on Sunday as saying Jett apparently suffered from grand mal, a type of epilepsy marked by convulsions and loss of consciousness.

He was on an anti-seizure medication called Depakote for several years, Ossi and McDermott told the celebrity website TMZ.

They said the drug was suspended after it lost its effectiveness amid concern about side effects, however, and Jett had been suffering about one extremely serious seizure a week.

Travolta and his wife have said previously that Jett became very sick when he was a toddler and was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease, which leads to inflammation of the blood vessels in young children.

Ossi and McDermott did not immediately return calls from Reuters on Sunday seeking comment. Travolta's publicists have declined to comment on autopsy or funeral plans for the actor's teenage son.

Baby's On Fire
01-04-2009, 10:38 PM
There's an autopsy being done, and if it comes to light that John and Kelly were auditing him for his problems and withholding medication, they should both be arrested and charged with murder. Period. It sucks absolute shit to lose a kid at that age, but if THAT comes out (and I'm withholding judgement until it's announced for certain), I will lose every bit of sympathy for them.

I would say God bless them during their time of need...but it wouldn't make any difference to them. How about Xenu bless?

I would also suggest they find a grief counselor to help them through their time of need...but...

Yeah, Scientology is a warm fucking shoulder to lean on, isn't it? Maybe Tom Cruise has some insight for them.

You're an idiot

fryingdutchman
01-05-2009, 04:49 AM
You're an idiot

Why is he an idiot?

What Bob said is spot on. These Scientology freaks (along with Jehovah's Witnesses and others like them) have been compromising the well-being of their kids for far too long.

Screw their "belief system." I too, will reserve judgement on the Travoltas until all is said and done. But if some basic medical treatment was all that was needed to help Jett and possibly avoid such a senseless tragedy, and the Travoltas refused, then they should be locked up for endangering the welfare of a child.

hideyoursheep
01-05-2009, 06:05 AM
You're an idiot

Barbarino is a scientologist.

That makes him an idiot.

:spank:

hideyoursheep
01-05-2009, 10:26 AM
The fact that they lawyered up on the Depakote issue seems suspicious.

Was it discontinued because of ineffectiveness, or side effects? Which one?

This shit is terrible:

http://bipolar-disorder.emedtv.com/depakote/depakote-side-effects.html

:confused:

Baby's On Fire
01-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Why is he an idiot?

What Bob said is spot on. These Scientology freaks (along with Jehovah's Witnesses and others like them) have been compromising the well-being of their kids for far too long.

Screw their "belief system." I too, will reserve judgement on the Travoltas until all is said and done. But if some basic medical treatment was all that was needed to help Jett and possibly avoid such a senseless tragedy, and the Travoltas refused, then they should be locked up for endangering the welfare of a child.

Because I can just as easily say anyone who has faith in drugs as a magic cure-all is equally stupid.

ALL drugs are a result of pharmaceutical greed. Listen, nobody thinks Tom Cruise is a bigger DOUCHE than I do...but he's right about drugs as "therapy":.

There is not and never will be a drug that does something a natural substance can't do.

So to say Travolta should be charged with murder is fucking ridiculous.....Drugs are not the answer...and never will be.

bueno bob
01-06-2009, 12:33 AM
You're an idiot

You're a scientologist?

Go fuck yourself, dope.

bueno bob
01-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Because I can just as easily say anyone who has faith in drugs as a magic cure-all is equally stupid.

So...let's just say fuck the one and endorse the other, hunh?

Yeah, why don't you do a Google search for all of the victims Scientology has claimed with it's absolutely stringent "no medication" policy and see what you come up with?

ALL drugs are a result of pharmaceutical greed. Listen, nobody thinks Tom Cruise is a bigger DOUCHE than I do...but he's right about drugs as "therapy"

Amazing how so many of them work, though. Whoda thunk it?

There is not and never will be a drug that does something a natural substance can't do.

I'm not talking about natural substances, I'm talking about the abstinence of medication in favor of prayer or auditing or whatever you want to call it. Did you even fucking read what I posted or were you just looking to flame? Who's the fucking idiot now?

So to say Travolta should be charged with murder is fucking ridiculous...

IF he had withheld medication necessary for his son's condition in favor of obtaining Mystical Xenu's blessing? Then yes, he SHOULD be charged with murder, or at the very least child neglect/abuse resulting in negligent homicide. If that's not the case and his son has in fact been on the proper meds, fine. I'm inclined to disbelieve it, based on what I know of Scientology and the fucking loonies that subscribe to it's dangerous bullshit. But, we'll see.

The fact remains I like to hold people accountable for their actions, or lack thereof, regardless of whether or not they're celebrity-like.

How about you?

Drugs are not the answer...and never will be.

Well, the next time your syphillus acts up, go chew on a root and pray for deliverance and see how effective it is. And how fast acting.

GAR
01-06-2009, 03:32 PM
I passed out when I was really baked one time, and hit a bathroom sink so hard I knocked it off the wall.

Great Lord Xenu attacked you also? That's messed up.

Vinnie Velvet
01-06-2009, 06:12 PM
A very sad and tragic thing to happen. :(

And if Scientology is to blame, then its even more of a tragedy. A tragedy to those wealthy celebrities who believe in that cult bullshit and that it continues to take the lives of people.

Bob is correct on all fronts.

ThrillsNSpills
01-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Turns out it was seizure disorder.

The kid didn't die by hitting his head.

How is this not negligence?

ThrillsNSpills
01-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Feel absolutely awful for them:(

That said, what twat would deny his kid anti-seizure medication because Elron said so?

What, and miss an auditing session?:alien:

hideyoursheep
01-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Turns out it was seizure disorder.

The kid didn't die by hitting his head.

How is this not negligence?

Odd how Depakote is perscribed for seizures, but lists seizures as a possible side effect.:confused:

Baby's On Fire
01-08-2009, 12:34 AM
So...let's just say fuck the one and endorse the other, hunh?

Yeah, why don't you do a Google search for all of the victims Scientology has claimed with it's absolutely stringent "no medication" policy and see what you come up with?

Amazing how so many of them work, though. Whoda thunk it?

I'm not talking about natural substances, I'm talking about the abstinence of medication in favor of prayer or auditing or whatever you want to call it. Did you even fucking read what I posted or were you just looking to flame? Who's the fucking idiot now?

IF he had withheld medication necessary for his son's condition in favor of obtaining Mystical Xenu's blessing? Then yes, he SHOULD be charged with murder, or at the very least child neglect/abuse resulting in negligent homicide. If that's not the case and his son has in fact been on the proper meds, fine. I'm inclined to disbelieve it, based on what I know of Scientology and the fucking loonies that subscribe to it's dangerous bullshit. But, we'll see.

The fact remains I like to hold people accountable for their actions, or lack thereof, regardless of whether or not they're celebrity-like.

How about you?

Well, the next time your syphillus acts up, go chew on a root and pray for deliverance and see how effective it is. And how fast acting.

Do you mean as oppsoed to the literal tens of millions of victims of drug companies? You're one ignorant motherfucker.

Drug companies WANT you to be sick...and KEEP you sick.. That's where the money is at. EVERY drug is a knock-off of a natural substance. Natural substances cannot be patented, and hence no profits.

Educate yourself, then come back when you're grown up. Cuz you know nothing about this topic, and I'll eat you alive on it.

"Victims of Scientology"....and what about EVERY SINGLE OTHER FUCKING RELIGION? With Christianity being the worst of the fucking bunch.

GO-SPURS-GO
01-08-2009, 03:29 AM
Drug companies WANT you to be sick...and KEEP you sick.. That's where the money is at. EVERY drug is a knock-off of a natural substance. Natural substances cannot be patented, and hence no profits.

I didn't want to waste $20 on this book to find out its BS. Since you know the book inside out, do you think I can borrow it?
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/2372/77069096dz8.png (http://imageshack.us)

Vinnie Velvet
01-08-2009, 11:20 AM
I bet Cruise tried to console his friend by telling him that "Jett is with Xenu now, John."

:rolleyes:

GAR
01-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Lord Xenu can FUCK SALT!