X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

VH1's 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs

Had a chance to check this out, five different shows....

As with most of these lists, there were lots of "huh" songs that made you scratch your head....

It really seemed to me that they really wanted to get at least one song from all hard rock bands into the list, and therefore left off some songs from bands that had multiple hits...

I won't give anything away, but I'll just say that CVH made it on there twice, one of only a few bands that got more than one song on the list, which is really surprising....

[ OK, one of them was How Many Say I, I couldn't resist.... ]
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

Van Halen?

Never heard of em.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Saw a good portion of this show. Couldn't believe what they were calling "hard rock".

Journey? Poison?? (probably only made it on to the list because Bret Michaels and his hat/hair wig were hosting)

And their number #1 choice? I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet. Good song, yes. Great album even. Best hard rock song of all time? Not even fucking close.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by FORD
        And their number #1 choice? I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet. Good song, yes. Great album even. Best hard rock song of all time? Not even fucking close.

Was it Jethro Tull?
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
          Was it Jethro Tull?
          No, but Aqualung was on there, fairly high from what I can recall...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
            Saw a good portion of this show. Couldn't believe what they were calling "hard rock".

Journey? Poison?? (probably only made it on to the list because Bret Michaels and his hat/hair wig were hosting)
            Like I said FORD, I really think they purposely put people's songs on there that commented during the show, as well as tried to get at least one song from most bands in there....

For example, Spammy commented quite a bit, and wouldn't ya know it, I Can't Drive 55" is on there...

Andrew WK, who I had no fucking idea who he was, commented, and he's got a song on there...

But yet, I believe that Aerosmith was only on there once, I think Sabbath only got one song on there, and Zeppelin was on twice...

I think this list was a little better than the 100 Greatest Hard Rock BANDS a couple of years ago, but not by much....

Comment

Working...