• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Al-Qaida No. 2 blames Obama for Gaza fight

By HADEEL AL-SHALCHI – Tue Jan 6, 2009

CAIRO, Egypt – Al-Qaida's No. 2 leader lashed out at President-elect Barack Obama in a new audio message Tuesday, accusing him of not doing anything to stop Israel's offensive in the Gaza Strip, according to an intelligence monitoring center.

The recording purportedly by Ayman al-Zawahiri was al-Qaida's first comments on the Gaza crisis since Israel launched its offensive against the Islamic militants of Hamas on Dec. 27.

In the comments, which were posted on a militant Web site and obtained by the SITE Monitoring Service, al-Zawahiri described Israel's actions in Gaza as a "crusade against Islam and Muslims" and called it "Obama's gift to Israel" before he takes office later this month.

"This is Obama whom the American machine of lies tried to portray as the rescuer who will change the policy of America," al-Zawahiri said, according to SITE. "He kills your brothers and sisters in Gaza mercilessly and without affection."

Al-Zawahiri, who is Egyptian, also criticized Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, calling him a "traitor" for keeping Egypt's border with the Gaza Strip closed since Hamas seized power.

"At the time when Israeli planes drop their bombs from the air, he closes the borders with his forces so that the plan of the killing of believers in Gaza is fulfilled," al-Zawahiri said, according to SITE.

He urged Egyptians and Muslims around the world to pressure Mubarak into opening the border and to take a more active role in fighting Israel.

Thousands of people in cities worldwide have held mass street demonstrations to protest Israel's offensive, but al-Zawahiri said those were not enough.

"Fight the Zionist Crusader campaign," al-Zawahiri said, according to SITE. "Strike its interests everywhere you can reach them. Support and back your mujahedeen brothers and children against them."

The audio message was accompanied by a still photograph of the al-Qaida leader sitting with a gun in his lap.

The recording could not be immediately verified, but SITE said it was posted on Web sites commonly used by Islamic militants. The recording also carried the logo for al-Qaida's media production house, Al-Sahab.

• sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

How can he be blamed when he's not even President yet? Laughable. Great picture too. Not enough out there already that make Obama appear to have a halo.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Fuck the Middle East !
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

You know it's funny how Obama is already getting the blame and being looked upon as the President already.........he gets more press for his ideas and plans than Bush does.....says a lot about Dubya when he is largely ignored and a President-elect is already being looked to, to lead this country.
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• knuckleboner
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

well, the conservatives should now be happy; if al qaeda hates obama, then barack can't be that bad...

Comment

• Andy Taylor
            Banned
            • Jan 2009

Why shouldn't the conservatives be happy? Pat Robertson is the latest person to speak positively of him and his 'middle of the road' cabinet aka a majorly right wing, Bush and Clinton era, pro-Israel cabinet.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
              well, the conservatives should now be happy; if al qaeda hates obama, then barack can't be that bad...
              Al Qaeda would have loved nothing more than 8 more years of BushCO.

Greatest thing to ever happen to them.

Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

recruitment numbers have gone through the roof with Dubya at the helm.......ever watch this one on Frontline PBS...........
                Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• knuckleboner
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Andy Taylor
                  Why shouldn't the conservatives be happy? Pat Robertson is the latest person to speak positively of him and his 'middle of the road' cabinet aka a majorly right wing, Bush and Clinton era, pro-Israel cabinet.
                  it was a mild joke.

those that thought/said/intimated that obama was a danger to this country because he was soft on terrorism, or worse...a MUSLIM!!!, could be happy that the terrorist organization does not approve of him. therefore, maybe obama's NOT such a danger to the country.

Comment

• Andy Taylor
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                    it was a mild joke.

those that thought/said/intimated that obama was a danger to this country because he was soft on terrorism, or worse...a MUSLIM!!!, could be happy that the terrorist organization does not approve of him. therefore, maybe obama's NOT such a danger to the country.
                    I know. I was just trying to continue the debate from there.

That's what Robertson said too. That he was a skeptic but he changed his mind when he saw the right wing appointees.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I haven't seen anything to make me think Obama won't keep on sending US bombs for Israelis to drop on Palestinian children.

Comment

• Andy Taylor
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009

He's made his pro-Israel stance very clear I think.

Btw, cool, another VH'er in Scotland. I haven't been here long but I get the impression that people are even hardly aware of Halen around here.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

That's because the band died 25 years ago......

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                          Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Andy Taylor
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2009

I've seen one person who hadn't heard of the name... sigh...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

How many fuckin no. 2s does Al-Queida have?!?! Or is this just the CIA or some privately funded neocon propaganda outlet feeding to the whores of the media?

Comment

Working...