PDA

View Full Version : Sammy slams Dave again

binnie
01-14-2009, 12:08 PM
From Blabbermouth

SAMMY HAGAR: For SLASH To Try And Play EDDIE VAN HALEN's Stuff Was Wrong - Jan. 14, 2009

Imhotep's Thiago Sarkis recently conducted an interview with former VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

Imhotep: Do you understand Dave's [Lee Roth] decision to not attend the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony because VELVET REVOLVER was playing instead of VAN HALEN?

Sammy: "I don't think that was it. I know the guys in that band. Dave was calling them up every day driving them crazy to get them to let him sing with them. That's why it got all screwed up, because Dave wanted to do it his way. And they were only allowed to do two songs, and he was trying to do two songs with them and not me. Dave was playing his bullshit Dave games and he fucked it all up! And 'cause they told him, 'No, Sammy's gonna sing a song and you're gonna sing a song with VELVET REVOLVER,' and Dave said, 'Fck you, then I am not coming.'"

Imhotep: He wanted to sing with VELVET REVOLVER instead of VAN HALEN?

Sammy: "VAN HALEN wasn't gonna be there. He wanted to take over the thing and make VELVET REVOLVER play the songs he wanted to play, to play David Lee Roth-era VAN HALEN songs and not Sammy's songs. He didn't want me to be any part of it. Dave tried to change that and they said, 'No, this is about two singers. Sammy sold more records than you with the band. It's going to be one song with Sammy and one song with Dave,' and he walked out."

Imhotep: How are things between you and Dave nowadays? Especially taking into account the tour you did together some years ago.

Sammy: "It was okay, it was fun, but I think it could have been much greater. Dave is not an easy guy to get along with. I like him, I like what he did with VAN HALEN but I can't say much for him now because I just feel he is still trying to be the same guy he was in 1984 and he's not. And on that tour he hired a VAN HALEN tribute band called the ATOMIC PUNKS and he took the singer out and he put himself in there. It was so stupid because he played only VAN HALEN songs and acted like he was in VAN HALEN and he hadn't been in VAN HALEN in 20 years. Some of the fans were really disappointed. No matter what you heard from the press or what he said, I'm telling you right now he bombed every fucking night. I mean, you go out and bust out with 'Running With The Devil' and the fans are gonna cheer, you do 'Jump', and the fans are gonna cheer. Those are great songs, but in the end of the night, he didn't sell any t-shirts. I know this sounds crazy, you gauge the bands that you have as an opening act, if they sell a huge amount of t-shirts, the people usually like them. He didn't sell any t-shirts. He is still trying to sell his t-shirts for five dollars a piece, on tour they are 40. He was so embarrassed that he would sell 100 shirts and I would sell 7,000, and it was completely obvious that the fans were walking way going, 'Man, what the fuck was that?' You can make people cheer any way you want, but will they come back and see you? Dave tried to get back on tour and it was a disaster because he ruined everything."

Imhotep: How do you feel about VELVET REVOLVER's tribute to VAN HALEN at Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame?

Sammy: "I don't think it was very good and I really like those guys. It was unfair to take a young band like that, that had only been together for one album and try and make them try to be VAN HALEN. I think it was a little bit of a mistake but it wasn't their fault cause they are great and I like those guys a lot, they are really good friends. Slash is a great guitar player when he is playing his stuff. But for Slash to try and play Eddie's stuff was wrong. They should have had Steve Vai or Joe Satriani, or somebody like that to play the part. They should have had a legend induct and put together a great bunch of players who are more adapted to VAN HALEN to do the tribute."

Imhotep: What do you think about the new VAN HALEN bassist, Eddie's son, Wolfgang Van Halen?

Sammy: "I think that Eddie wasn't thinking clear. Wolfie is a great kid, I love him, and if Eddie wants to play with his son it's his business and if I wanna play with my son, it's my business. The whole thing about Eddie is that he should take Wolfie and produce a record for him, so he and Al [Alex Van Halen] could play on the record and they could get a young singer that is like Wolfie, and let Wolfie start his own band. I mean, THE BEATLES didn't get Julian to replace John Lennon when he died."

binnie
01-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Errr, how many times can you contradict yourself? Dave played songs that went down great, but people didn't like the show? Mmmm....

ZahZoo
01-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Not sure about the T-shirt sales part... that's pretty over the top. Also his comment on the Atomic Punks backing Dave is clearly bullshit. They were just Dave's guitar farm team...

Hate to say it but I agree with the rest of the crap Sam said about the HOF, VR and Wolfie comments.

chefcraig
01-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Ummm...I'm a tad confused here. What's with the tidbit about Spam selling more records than Dave? Is this attributed to being stated by the VR guys? And why on Earth would this be used to validate who is singing what?

Bueller? Anybody?http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-718.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Confused-Smileys/)

knuckleboner
01-14-2009, 12:50 PM
you guys need to cut sammy some slack!

he can't help the fact that he's a jealous, absurdly arrogant prick...

Sarge
01-14-2009, 01:00 PM
I would love to meet Sammy so that I could ask him why he thinks he sold more records than Dave!
He has been repeating this for years. I think he actually believes it himself.
Classic VH has outsold Sammy era 2 to 1.
It's the facts!

chefcraig
01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
There is actually a whole lot more to this interview, if anyone cares. Here are the links:

Part 1: http://www.imhotep.no/?did=9086967

Part 2: http://www.imhotep.no/?did=9086974

jero
01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Sam outsold Dave...? sure

Seshmeister
01-14-2009, 04:16 PM
I would love to meet Sammy so that I could ask him why he thinks he sold more records than Dave!
He has been repeating this for years. I think he actually believes it himself.
Classic VH has outsold Sammy era 2 to 1.
It's the facts!

I think he takes all the sales from Roth's column for sales of CVH from 1985-1996 and takes credit for them. This was during the time everyone went out and replaced all their CVH albums with CDs.

Reading this interview was like feeling the last burning drops of liquid filth splat out of your ass onto the porcelain after an 8 year dose of the shits.

I need to stop reading Hagar interviews...

indeedido
01-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Who is this Sammy Hager character?

rustoffa
01-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Sammy sold more XXXL T-shirts than anyone except maybe the fat bitch from Heart!!!

:monkey:

78/84 guy
01-14-2009, 04:51 PM
I didn't mind this guy from the Montrose stuff (kind of like Ed) and some of his early solo stuff he did. Hell I'm guilty of liking some tunes he did in Van Hagar but he really needs to go away and stop making records.

TVGUY
01-14-2009, 04:55 PM
This is the same old shit he's been saying for years... The date is current but it looks like an old interview.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-14-2009, 06:04 PM
That old fuck is getting worse with his advancing age...

You can CLEARLY see via the RIAA that CVH easily sold more than Van Hagarita....

And as far as the T-shirts, 100 vs. 7,000 ?? 7,000 ?? Exaggerate much ??

DlocRoth
01-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Sammy sold more XXXL T-shirts than anyone except maybe the fat bitch from Heart!!!

:rofl:

Vanessa
01-14-2009, 06:48 PM
sammy is so full of himself!

78/84 guy
01-14-2009, 07:04 PM
You can say that again !!

FORD
01-14-2009, 08:40 PM
I can't believe that Cheddar Peddling alcoholic Repuke son of a bitch is still trying to push that "I sold more albums than him" lie.

Each Van Hagar album sold less than the one before it. The best selling Van Hagar album was 5150 (half of which was written as a Van HALEN album before he was even in the band) which sold 6 Million. And it was all downhill from there.

Romeo Delight
01-14-2009, 10:42 PM

Yeah, I missed the site:rofl::cato:

Dr. Love
01-14-2009, 10:45 PM
ACTIVATE NERD RAGE!!!!

oh yes

GAR
01-14-2009, 10:52 PM
You can CLEARLY see via the RIAA that CVH easily sold more than Van Hagarita....

VA Beach, you know he's been peddling that lie over a decade and for the most part it straddles the truth in that:

- during the Van Hagar years, sales of CVH cuntinued
- said sales were also made during Sammy Hagar tenure
- thus the "I sold more Van Halen" lie is partially true.

What someone from the press really really needs to do on this, is to corner Sam into admitting two things:

1. Every Van Hagar album sold successively lesser than it's predecessor, wrecking the band as a franchise. Kinda like how after Deep Purple discs continually tanked after Ritchie left.

2. Most importantly, Sam sold more Dave VH than Dave himself if you consider as Sammy does the start/stop timeline of his tenure as the key determining factor so we can say "specify how many fewer DLR albums sold versus Van Hagar albums sold on a unit-per basis, and not under the aggregated timeline of your tenure."

His only move at that point is to admit he has sold less, forever ending his propogation of this Sam Over Dave myth.

What a dickface.

GAR
01-14-2009, 10:55 PM

THIS is why they made this man a Moderator~!!

(he-LOOO New Signature!)

Dan
01-14-2009, 11:24 PM
It's True,Spammy Sold 150,000,000 Albums With Van Halen.:D

GAR
01-14-2009, 11:31 PM
.. 150 mil MORE than the first six albums!

hahaha~!!

bueno bob
01-15-2009, 12:40 AM
An Interview With Bueno Bob regarding the previous Sammy Hagar interview was conducted today. These are his unedited thoughts.

Question: Thank you for taking the time to do this interview, Bueno Bob. I know your life must be extraordinarily busy. Are you sure we're not taking up too much of your time?

Bueno Bob: I'll be getting stoned after this, so yeah. We're good.

Q: Thank you again! Let's begin, shall we?

BB: Absolutely.

Q: I take it you've seen the Sammy Hagar article at Blabbermouth.net?

BB: Unfortunately.

Q: Why is Hagar even talking about Van Halen anymore?

BB: He's not settled with his history. He's hardly as "content" as he likes to sell himself. Obviously. Van Halen's a sore spot for him, and let's face facts here - if Sammy Hagar doesn't rant about Van Halen and/or David Lee Roth, nobody cares what he says. Most Hagar bits go virtually unnoticed. He talks shit about Dave and what happens? 85 odd responses. Thread of the day at Blabbermouth. Go figure.

Q: Why is Hagar bringing this up now?

BB: He's working an angle to try and get people talking about him and Van Halen in the same sentence again. Nobody's talking about Chickenshit or Cosmic Fashion or his Cabo Enterprise or whatever the hell he's into these days...so...back to the tried 'n' true.

Q: Why would he do that? Roth's with Van Halen now, right?

BB: It's obvious that Van Halen isn't doing anything. That's the problem and it looks like an open door to Sammy, just like 2003-2004 was. Since Cosmic Fashion (or whatever the fuck the title of the record was) that Hagar put out failed to turn any heads, and nobody's really talking about that Chickenshit thing - even with Satriani's name dropped - he's working an angle.

Q: What kind of angle?

BB: Very clearly, an angle to open a path of communication between himself and Edward. Since Van Halen's tour ended and nobody's heard boo shit out of them, Hagar's working an angle to try and get himself and Anthony back into Van Halen again.

Q: Do you think there's any chance of that?

BB: Who the mother fuck knows? Right now Eddie could be knocking on fucking Patti Smyth's door for all I fuckin' know. It's Ed's world, we're all just living in it.

Q: Thanks for your time, Bueno Bob!

BB: Fuck you, cunt.

Dan
01-15-2009, 01:01 AM
An Interview With Bueno Bob regarding the previous Sammy Hagar interview was conducted today. These are his unedited thoughts.

Question: Thank you for taking the time to do this interview, Bueno Bob. I know your life must be extraordinarily busy. Are you sure we're not taking up too much of your time?

Bueno Bob: I'll be getting stoned after this, so yeah. We're good.

Q: Thank you again! Let's begin, shall we?

BB: Absolutely.

Q: I take it you've seen the Sammy Hagar article at Blabbermouth.net?

BB: Unfortunately.

Q: Why is Hagar even talking about Van Halen anymore?

BB: He's not settled with his history. He's hardly as "content" as he likes to sell himself. Obviously. Van Halen's a sore spot for him, and let's face facts here - if Sammy Hagar doesn't rant about Van Halen and/or David Lee Roth, nobody cares what he says. Most Hagar bits go virtually unnoticed. He talks shit about Dave and what happens? 85 odd responses. Thread of the day at Blabbermouth. Go figure.

Q: Why is Hagar bringing this up now?

BB: He's working an angle to try and get people talking about him and Van Halen in the same sentence again. Nobody's talking about Chickenshit or Cosmic Fashion or his Cabo Enterprise or whatever the hell he's into these days...so...back to the tried 'n' true.

Q: Why would he do that? Roth's with Van Halen now, right?

BB: It's obvious that Van Halen isn't doing anything. That's the problem and it looks like an open door to Sammy, just like 2003-2004 was. Since Cosmic Fashion (or whatever the fuck the title of the record was) that Hagar put out failed to turn any heads, and nobody's really talking about that Chickenshit thing - even with Satriani's name dropped - he's working an angle.

Q: What kind of angle?

BB: Very clearly, an angle to open a path of communication between himself and Edward. Since Van Halen's tour ended and nobody's heard boo shit out of them, Hagar's working an angle to try and get himself and Anthony back into Van Halen again.

Q: Do you think there's any chance of that?

BB: Who the mother fuck knows? Right now Eddie could be knocking on fucking Patti Smyth's door for all I fuckin' know. It's Ed's world, we're all just living in it.

Q: Thanks for your time, Bueno Bob!

BB: Fuck you, cunt.

Bob For Mod.:D

redblkwht
01-15-2009, 02:21 AM
No one says anything about Vag-Hagar anymore now that the
"Real Tour" has ended..his VH past has now become a blip.

BTW thats my new term i call copywrites for lol.

Yo sammy, 2004 was a sellout tour too right bro?
Clear channel still i looking for their money!!

hideyoursheep
01-15-2009, 05:08 AM
Thanks again, Mike and :hagar3:ela, The Talking Mule-Faced Prick for reinforcing my belief that the RnRHOSham is exactly that just by actually attending and indulging yourselves in the notion that you were actually relevant to the reason why the band Van Halen were inducted.

FOOLS!
Don't want no class reunion.
This circus just left town.
Why behave in public if you're
livin' on a playground?
It makes me blue!
Ooh, I live with fools!
Ooh, it makes me blue!
Ooh, I live with fools!

Diamondjimi
01-15-2009, 05:43 AM
The only one talking about Van Hagar (at all) in the press is The Round Rocket...

No one cares anymore Spammo , go talk about Montrose or your lame assed cantina's that are folding like umbrella's in a hurricane... SHUT UP,FUCK OFF and GO AWAY!!!

fryingdutchman
01-15-2009, 06:00 AM
Fuck Sammy Hagar.

Once again, just trying to get some press by invoking the name of DLR...because he knows nobody gives a flying fuck about him, his faggy Wabos, or "The Other Half."

He's been relegated to the cardboard clearance bin of rock and roll relevance, so every time he wants attention, he starts screaming "David Lee Roth" this, and "David Lee Roth" that. He probably sought out this interview, instead of the interview coming to him.

Kill this thread....because it just gives Sammy what he wants, which is the illusion that he still means something to people musically.

He probably lurks around here a lot....looking for threads just like this, and shakes like a bowl full of jelly with laughter when he sees all of the consternation he causes amongst us.

The best way to punish and crush the spirt of an attention-whore like Spammy is to ignore him.

Fuck Sammy Hagar and all that he stands for.

A pox on the House of Hagar.

Cato
01-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Samantha Hagar has no sense of humour. she lacks entertainership.
if Dave had answered those questions, we could've laughed at least 3 times in this interview.

01-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Hey, I`ve read the full version of the Hagar interview, and Hagar laughed at Dave`s vocal ability to sing, dreams, but he also said that Dave can sing finish whay you started, well. There were rumours before the tour that, finish what ya started, would be in the set list, but of cause it was not!
Do you think Ed made Dave, practice a Hagar song, to piss Dave off?

MrSwede
01-15-2009, 10:10 AM
and it was completely obvious that the fans were walking way going, 'Man, what the fuck was that?' You can make people cheer any way you want, but will they come back and see you?

It is official, I am completely delusional. Granted, I only attended one Roth/Hagar show and perhaps it was the exception to the rule. However, the fans at that show walked away with the absolute opposite impression. Sammy opened with some cheesy Cabo Wabo routine/tequila commercial followed by Dave who brought the house down. Maybe I should have bought a t-shirt?

bueno bob
01-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey, I`ve read the full version of the Hagar interview, and Hagar laughed at Dave`s vocal ability to sing, dreams, but he also said that Dave can sing finish whay you started

Yeah, Sammy Hagar stated in an interview back in 1996 the very same thing. He said something about sending his produce guy to pelt David with tomatos or something, not realizing that obviously David wasn't going to be singing any of his material.

There were rumours before the tour that, finish what ya started, would be in the set list

No there weren't.

Do you think Ed made Dave, practice a Hagar song, to piss Dave off?

No, Fab.

GAR
01-15-2009, 10:42 AM
"Finish What You Started" the song where the speaker pleads with the female entity to return to an interrupted job at hand.. why on earth would any self-respecting male want to sing a song like that?

Begging for pussy is like the worst way to earn it, that just shows her you're weak, emo and undeserving of clam. That's like the most fucked-up song VH have ever backed as a band besides "Right Now".

GAR
01-15-2009, 10:46 AM
A pox on the House of Hagar.

I'm just happy with a box on the fat fuck's head to spare us the ever-growing size of his ever-pickled schnoz.

His head's size of a beach-ball now, and just as red I just don't care to see it in print anymore when I look up searchterms "Van Halen."

01-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Yes, there were rumours on the Roth army threads, that the set list, would inlude a Roth version of, finish what ya started. I did not believe it at the time, but its funny how Hagar mentions that Dave can sing that song well. So I`m going to guess that Ed tried to humiliate Dave, by making him sing a Hagar track, in practice sessions!

bueno bob
01-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Yes, there were rumours on the Roth army threads, that the set list, would inlude a Roth version of, finish what ya started.

LMAO

I did not believe it at the time, but its funny how Hagar mentions that Dave can sing that song well. So I`m going to guess that Ed tried to humiliate Dave, by making him sing a Hagar track, in practice sessions!

No.

01-15-2009, 01:53 PM
What do you guys make of Hagar`s comments about Dave, being able to sing finish what ya started well!

binnie
01-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I wish Spam would let go of his anxieities about the past in VH. It's been the shame shit for how many years?

ThrillsNSpills
01-15-2009, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=binnie;1311687]From A Blabbermouth

SH to play David Lee Roth-era VAN HALEN songs and not Sammy's songs. He didn't want me to be any part of it. Dave tried to change that and they said, 'No, this is about two singers. Sammy sold more records than you with the band. It's going to be one song with Sammy and one song with Dave,' and he walked out."

Now Sammy is saying Velvet Revolver told Dave they sold more with Sam.

bueno bob
01-15-2009, 05:19 PM
What do you guys make of Hagar`s comments about Dave, being able to sing finish what ya started well!

How's trolling life?

Site's barely relaunched and here you are, absolutely unable to control yourself.

That's what I make of your bullshit.

That's what EVERYBODY makes of your bullshit.

Hidey ho

DLR'sCock
01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
this might as well be the same exact thread that i read at the dome in 2000, @ the army in 2001, @ the stinks in 2002, and so on and so on and so on...

Hey! I bought a DLR JD shirt on the Dave and Fatso tour!!

Diamondjimi
01-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Yes, there were rumours on the Roth army threads, that the set list, would inlude a Roth version of, finish what ya started.

Link now or STFU!:sperm:

Terry
01-15-2009, 09:13 PM
this might as well be the same exact thread that i read at the dome in 2000, @ the army in 2001, @ the stinks in 2002, and so on and so on and so on...

Hey! I bought a DLR JD shirt on the Dave and Fatso tour!!

Hagar has his one set of answers to all things Roth and/or Van Halen related, just updates them once every half-decade or so when something actually happens in Van Halen World.

It would be funny if an interviewer would call Sammy out just once on the ridiculous claim that Sam Halen sold more albums than CVH, though.

01-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Look, I`m not trolling, why don`t you read the full version of Hagar`s latest interview, at Diamond Dave Discussion forum. Hagar says that, he heard Dave could sing his song well. There were also rumours about the set list, before the tour started, that it would include a Hagar track, finish what ya started. Therefore, I guessed that Ed/Al foreced Dave to practice the song, as a humiliation!

hideyoursheep
01-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Link now or STFU!:sperm:

What he said!

ThrillsNSpills
01-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Look, I`m not trolling,

You're Fabricating.

kwame k
01-16-2009, 10:36 AM
This whole "Dave was on a short leash by the Sisters" doesn't play. Yes, Dave was not doing the same thing he used to....interviews and talking it up during the concerts. It still was Dave up there being Dave, just not like in 1984. Was that at the direction of Ed or was it..........Let the music do the talking.......I think it was classic Dave and his showbiz side, "Always leave them wanting more" He got more mileage out of not saying much than if he did a thousand interviews.....Plus, every fucking interview would of been about the same shit......why put yourself through that?

binnie
01-16-2009, 11:53 AM
This whole "Dave was on a short leash by the Sisters" doesn't play. Yes, Dave was not doing the same thing he used to....interviews and talking it up during the concerts. It still was Dave up there being Dave, just not like in 1984. Was that at the direction of Ed or was it..........Let the music do the talking.......I think it was classic Dave and his showbiz side, "Always leave them wanting more" He got more mileage out of not saying much than if he did a thousand interviews.....Plus, every fucking interview would of been about the same shit......why put yourself through that?

Mmmmm......

Seems that there was a definite 'no media' policy that seems very 'un-Dave'.

Golden AWe
01-19-2009, 12:09 PM
He means "I weigh more than Dave and VH"

GAR
01-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Fabtastic!

01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
What do you think of Hagar, dising Dave`s overall ability, but praising Dave`s version of, finish what ya started! Was it Ed/Al who forced Dave to perform, that track at a practice sesssion.?
I think Ed/Al were rubbing Dave`s nose in the dirt! They were taunting Dave! Just like on the 2004 tour, Ed would play, songs in rehearsal, like, Top Jimmy, to taunt Hagar!

diamondsgirl
01-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Sammy: "The whole thing about Eddie is that he should take Wolfie and produce a record for him, so he and Al [Alex Van Halen] could play on the record and they could get a young singer that is like Wolfie, and let Wolfie start his own band. I mean, THE BEATLES didn't get Julian to replace John Lennon when he died."

what the fuck does this mean?? Seriously.

If Sam actually said this, he has lost the one, lonely brain cell he had left.

Too much shitty tequila.

TongueNGroove
01-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Truth is everyone knows DLR kicks ass. The only problem is, his ego gets in the way. He forces people to hate him because he is a freekin prick.

He reminds me of Yngwie Malmsteen....you know he's good, but they make it very hard to admit it.

Nickdfresh
01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Truth is everyone knows DLR kicks ass. The only problem is, his ego gets in the way. He forces people to hate him because he is a freekin prick.

He reminds me of Yngwie Malmsteen....you know he's good, but they make it very hard to admit it.

Fine, I don't disagree actually. But just insert Edward Van Halen where you wrote DLR in that sentence!

kwame k
01-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Mmmmm......

Seems that there was a definite 'no media' policy that seems very 'un-Dave'.

You're right Bin........but I still don't see Dave as being forced not to do them....did they decide as a band not to do allot of press? Ed and Al only did a few interviews and mostly that was about gear........were they under a gag order too? Can only talk about the products they are peddling......

Seems it was more of a band decision not to rehash the drama of the last 20 + years.

but then again.........it is very Un-Dave.......so to make a long post, longer......fuck I don't know, Bin

Terry
01-20-2009, 09:11 PM
You're right Bin........but I still don't see Dave as being forced not to do them....did they decide as a band not to do allot of press? Ed and Al only did a few interviews and mostly that was about gear........were they under a gag order too? Can only talk about the products they are peddling......

Seems it was more of a band decision not to rehash the drama of the last 20 + years.

but then again.........it is very Un-Dave.......so to make a long post, longer......fuck I don't know, Bin

What would have been the upside to Roth giving a million interviews on the tour?

Every interviewer would ask Roth a bunch of questions about past feuding with the Van Halens, or why Michael Anthony wasn't playing with the band, or why the tour was postponed in the middle / what was Ed's undisclosed illness...

Admittedly, I'd have been interested to hear what Roth had to say about all that stuff, but I could see where it wouldn't be useful from the perspective of Roth and the Van Halens. If the tour rider I read was correct, these guys couldn't even share the same dressing rooms; sounds like they're all still on eggshells with each other.

Plus, Ed's own comments and attitude before the tour started indicated he was willing to work with Roth, but that he didn't view Roth as the only choice to front the band. Kinda leaves me with the indication that Ed and Alex pretty much consider the Van Halen name totally theirs now (which it essentially is, although the currency it carries these days doesn't match up to the legend attached to it), and the band is theirs to do with what they please.

The sisters probably think they did Roth a favor, rather than admit hooking up with Dave was a mutual benefit to all involved (although it did sidetrack Ed from his noble career of drinking, noodling in his home studio and scoring really bad porn flicks - but hey, it didn't slow him down one iota re: slapping the EVH logo on every bit of musical equipment he could find to endorse).

Now they are exactly what Eddie lamented in 1996; a nostalgia band.

Nickdfresh
01-20-2009, 09:47 PM
What would have been the upside to Roth giving a million interviews on the tour?

They wouldn't have seemed like a bunch of pussies prancing on eggshells?

Big Troubles
01-20-2009, 10:04 PM
I think he takes all the sales from Roth's column for sales of CVH from 1985-1996 and takes credit for them. This was during the time everyone went out and replaced all their CVH albums with CDs.

Reading this interview was like feeling the last burning drops of liquid filth splat out of your ass onto the porcelain after an 8 year dose of the shits.

I need to stop reading Hagar interviews...

You NEED to stop eatting those fucking red hot chili sauce dipped chicken wings! wow!

"burning drops of liquid filth". That would be a great name for a Doors cover band.

:guzzle:

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Hagar is such a douche bag. He is truly fucking delusional.

kwame k
01-21-2009, 12:50 PM

Every interviewer would ask Roth a bunch of questions about past feuding with the Van Halens, or why Michael Anthony wasn't playing with the band, or why the tour was postponed in the middle / what was Ed's undisclosed illness...

Admittedly, I'd have been interested to hear what Roth had to say about all that stuff, but I could see where it wouldn't be useful from the perspective of Roth and the Van Halens. If the tour rider I read was correct, these guys couldn't even share the same dressing rooms; sounds like they're all still on eggshells with each other.

Plus, Ed's own comments and attitude before the tour started indicated he was willing to work with Roth, but that he didn't view Roth as the only choice to front the band. Kinda leaves me with the indication that Ed and Alex pretty much consider the Van Halen name totally theirs now (which it essentially is, although the currency it carries these days doesn't match up to the legend attached to it), and the band is theirs to do with what they please.

The sisters probably think they did Roth a favor, rather than admit hooking up with Dave was a mutual benefit to all involved (although it did sidetrack Ed from his noble career of drinking, noodling in his home studio and scoring really bad porn flicks - but hey, it didn't slow him down one iota re: slapping the EVH logo on every bit of musical equipment he could find to endorse).

As usual, spot on post......Terry. Other than keeping the band in the press, there would be no benefit doing those types of interviews.......It would of destroyed the tour........Something would of set Ed off and that would be the end of the tour or a reason to get so drunk he couldn't play. Yes, the Tour Rider pretty much sums the relationship the band has......minimum exposure between Dave and the rest of the band......it worked, not perfectly but they completed a tour.

FORD
01-21-2009, 02:22 PM
They actually have been a nostalgia band since 1996 anyway. VDIII was such a failure they didn't dare build the set list around it, so they sent Cherone out to sing the classics.

Velveetapalooza 2004 certainly wasn't selling what seats it sold based on "Upchuck Your Breakfast" or those other two new pathetic turds Sammy croaked out. Even the Chedheads have their limits, and most of them were disappointed by the show.

And while I was happy to see Van HALEN on stage again, it was more or less the same DLR show as any other tour this decade, just with a better band. Great to see once, but if they do the "go out on the road and play the hits every 5 years" thing with no new music from here on out, they might as well pull the plug. At least the Stones manage to put an album or two every decade before they tour.

GAR
01-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Douchebag.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmS-GqWKzn8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmS-GqWKzn8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

78/84 guy
01-21-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure it was a better band !! Brian Young is pretty good.

katie
01-21-2009, 06:19 PM
What would have been the upside to Roth giving a million interviews on the tour?.

Upside - Roth would have been really funny, talking VH up etc,

Downside - Those other VH miserable fucks would insist on being present as well, but as we all know they bring an end to happy hour with every interview they give. Flashbacks of 1998 come to mind.......

The sisters probably think they did Roth a favor, rather than admit hooking up with Dave was a mutual benefit to all involved

In a way this may be correct as Dave's career was was so low, that he was only 2 years away from appearing on 'Dancing with the stars'

Time waits for NO band,

Nostalgia aint done The Stones any harm.

Katie

Diamondjimi
01-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Douchebag.

You mean big fat 'n sweaty Douchebag...;)

Badaxe73
01-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I guess when the new DLR VH album comes out and tops the charts Spammy can take credit for that 1 to.

what a douche.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-21-2009, 08:01 PM

I was very impressed with Brian the two times I saw him live...

But having said all that, Brian Young is no Edward Van Halen....

Va Beach VH Fan
01-21-2009, 08:04 PM
As usual, spot on post......Terry. Other than keeping the band in the press, there would be no benefit doing those types of interviews.......It would of destroyed the tour........Something would of set Ed off and that would be the end of the tour or a reason to get so drunk he couldn't play. Yes, the Tour Rider pretty much sums the relationship the band has......minimum exposure between Dave and the rest of the band......it worked, not perfectly but they completed a tour.

Yeah, but that's just it.... They didn't do ANY press at all...

Sure, interviews at every stop would have eventually gotten really old for the band, but something should have been done at various times during the tour...

FORD
01-21-2009, 08:36 PM

I thought Brian, James Lomenzo, and Ray Luzier played the songs really well. Would have liked to have heard some originals from that band, but for whatever reasons, we only got "Thug Pop", buried in an album of covers.

So it's hard for me to compare them as a band to Van Halen, when they really didn't produce any original music together. And there's a difference between playing songs well, and writing songs well, as Dave & Eddie did.

Antman
01-21-2009, 09:05 PM
The real reason Dave didn't show up to the HOF ceremony is simple-HE COULDN'T! After years of trying to get back in VH, he finally does and now he knows he can't let anything fuck it up-like attending the ceremony with Sammy & Mike-2 FORMER members. It's as simple as that let Sammy say what he want and let Dave say what he wants. Dave shows up and we're bitching about singer # 4 on this board. witht he bros. it's always them against us. Either you're with them or your againstthem. Just ask Sam & Mike. And Dave.

Seshmeister
01-21-2009, 09:23 PM
I thought Brian, James Lomenzo, and Ray Luzier played the songs really well. Would have liked to have heard some originals from that band, but for whatever reasons, we only got "Thug Pop", buried in an album of covers.

So it's hard for me to compare them as a band to Van Halen, when they really didn't produce any original music together. And there's a difference between playing songs well, and writing songs well, as Dave & Eddie did.

I think the guys point was maybe that if the current Van Halen is now effectively just a nostalgia act then was Roth's solo band not as good as AVH, a past it EVH and his son?

For one thing Roth's solo band didn't need to use tapes for backing vocals and Brian Young never had the 'off' nights like Eddie had during his problems in the first half of the tour.

It's definitely an argument.

GAR
01-21-2009, 09:28 PM
I apologize FORD for posting a picture of that RedRocker Dick in main because I forgot the rule "no posting penii in Main forums"

I am sorry. Won't do it again. Just tried to illustrate a picture of a Douchebag so I googled the word and, well look what came up.. a Douchebag DICK.

GAR
01-21-2009, 09:33 PM
The real reason Dave didn't show up to the HOF ceremony is simple-

.. because he didn't want to attend if Van Hagar would be inducted also.

Van Hagar is entitled in the year 2010, technically he joined in 1985 on "5150" and you need 25 years to be fair, which he didn't have.

I recall the biggest artists in 1985 were Dio, Def Leppard, Scorpions and Judas Priest. So many other great albums and concerts, so little time for Van Hagar.. they should have had to wait a few more years if they wanted to induct both singers with awards..

Diamondjimi
01-21-2009, 09:49 PM
But having said all that, Brian Young is no Edward Van Halen....

True dat!

Brian's tone sounds like he has horse blankets over his cabinets.....jmo...

TongueNGroove
01-22-2009, 01:45 AM
One thing you all seem to forget is the fact that without Van Hangar the CVH album sales would NOT be what they are today.

LOT's of younger people, after hearing the sammy stuff, went and bought the old stuff as well. I know I did.

So yah, not only did Sammy out sell DLR, he actualy helped DLR sell more records.

AS far as the rest of the interview, I agree with Sam 100&#37;. As much as I love DLR, he really is a total egotistical prick and you know it.

TongueNGroove
01-22-2009, 01:50 AM
This is what Sam said about DLR and the RRHF thing.....do you think Dave would say the same?

"My only disappointment for the whole thing was that Eddie and Alex didn't come, Dave (Lee Roth) deserved to be there too, so I was hoping one time we could all be grownups and move on and forget our differences."

No he wouldn't.

bueno bob
01-22-2009, 02:18 AM
One thing you all seem to forget is the fact that without Van Hangar the CVH album sales would NOT be what they are today.

LOT's of younger people, after hearing the sammy stuff, went and bought the old stuff as well. I know I did.

Whatever. You know how many people QUIT buying Van Halen albums after Roth was out? More than a few. And each year, that number grew higher and higher, considering every album since 1986 has sold less than the one that came before it.

Try again. But try and give something accurate, not just objectified opinions.

So yah, not only did Sammy out sell DLR, he actualy helped DLR sell more records.

:confused:

In no logical, concrete way does that hold any fucking water at all.

Not a bit.

"Hagar outsold DLR"...lmao...why don't you go to the RIAA and see who's REALLY done better over the years?

Oh, but please, instead of doing that, why don't you use some more wraparound logic to praise Hagar for helping Dave sell albums...Jesus fucking Christ... :rolleyes:

AS far as the rest of the interview, I agree with Sam 100%. As much as I love DLR, he really is a total egotistical prick and you know it.

Oh yeah, and Sammy's just the paragon of self depreciation...get the fuck out of here before I actually throw your gay ass back in the Pen or something...

bueno bob
01-22-2009, 02:19 AM
This is what Sam said about DLR and the RRHF thing.....do you think Dave would say the same?

"My only disappointment for the whole thing was that Eddie and Alex didn't come, Dave (Lee Roth) deserved to be there too, so I was hoping one time we could all be grownups and move on and forget our differences."

No he wouldn't.

Of course. Sam's always a generous, stand up guy. Well, after the fact, anyway. Would you like me to pull up some of the things he said PRIOR to the induction?

Nickdfresh
01-22-2009, 08:09 AM

Yeah, because after hearing Van Hagar, people yearned for the superior version...

Actually, that's complete crap and reaching on your part. The reason is that people, suckers like me, have bought the original six catalog two, three, even four times for some albums...

I have the vinyl for VHII, I bought the cassette, then the CD, and then finally I got the remasterbator...

It had nothing to do with Sam whatsoever...

Actually, Van Hagar wouldn't have sold shit if it weren't for Dave fronting that band, and the sales of 5150 (their biggest Van Hagar sales-wise at 6 million) was a direct correlation to the band making it into the mainstream with 1984 (over 12 million sold!)...

But yet they were buying less and less of Van Hagar, strange...

So explain to me again how any album with Sam' vocals on it only sold half or less the highest number of sales in the Van Halen's catalog with two "diamond" status (VHI, 1984)? If anything, Van Hagar lost fans as people lost interest and the demographic you speak of simply doesn't exist as interest began to plummet...

AS far as the rest of the interview, I agree with Sam 100&#37;. As much as I love DLR, he really is a total egotistical prick and you know it.

Of course he is. But so is Sam. He's also reported to be a total asshole on occasion and a total phony-baloney cockbag when he says shit like this. In fact, I've talked to someone connected to the local concert industry that met both - and she said Dave was much cooler back stage and that Sam was a total douche when she met him...

Is Sam such the better humans being than Dave? Isn't Sam the guy who writes the lovey I w'eally wuv' you songs, then ditches his first wife (Betsy?) for a younger model trophy skank?

Diamondjimi
01-22-2009, 08:18 AM

Delusion much?

Do your homework,Sparkie!:tool:

halenrox1
01-24-2009, 12:58 AM
This guy is such a fuckin lying hipocrit, FUCK SAMMY HE IS A DUSCH BAG!!!!!! who gives a shit about im a what his blond pubed thunder cunt ass says!!!!!

swage33
01-24-2009, 10:26 PM
c'mon guys...sam was alright. what we saw with sam was ed steering the ship. plug in any other singer at that time and thats how it would have went down.

Cato
01-26-2009, 04:21 AM
c'mon guys...sam was alright. what we saw with sam was ed steering the ship. plug in any other singer at that time and thats how it would have went down.
I got a big bold "eh?"

binnie
01-26-2009, 05:01 AM

That maybe true, but why did Sam have to continually flap his mouth and slam Dave? He's been doing this for years now, and it's a sign of the fact that he KNOWS he wasn't the best man to film Dave's shoes.

On top of that, Sam couldn't write lyrics to save his life - the reason most of the post 1984 material was so much weaker was as much to do with his love of turgid ballads as it does Ed's increasing love of synths.

78/84 guy
01-29-2009, 11:35 PM
I really can't sit here and say I hate Hagar I went out and bought 5150 the day it came out and still like to listen to it sometimes (mostly because Ed is great on it) but Sam really say's stupid shit. One day he say's somthing one way and 2 months later it's a different story. Now it's Satriani's the best ever !!! Whatever, I fucking love Satch but he is really just another Eddie Van Halen understudy. I would put him in my top 20 but better than Ed ,Page or Hendrix is a laugh !!