PDA

View Full Version : The Inevitable Bugera Hate-Thread

GAR
01-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Wow, were were discussing the earlier issue of the "worst NAMM performer" which I felt was the demoguy in the Behringer guitar amp line called "Bugera".

I decided to look into them, seeing as how I'm usually pretty fair about checking all things out myself and judging for myself how good or bad something is - when someone mentioned "hey check out the hate-threads on Harmony Central how bad these amps are."

Holy smoke! Not only did this Behringer snake steal the look and feel of the Peavey amps, and the Ampeg SVT, this year they are aimed at shipping a JCM800-900 reproduction for a street price of $449.

Wow, you say.. that's really cool because you don't have any money. Well this 333 and this 6260 amp pair have eared so much hate you would not believe it.

Am I just so new to this that you guys all have see it before last year? Cuz it's not that new to me that they've ripped off other company designs like the Boss pedals, and the Mackie mixer - I just thought they'd get sued by those companies and stop doing it.

But this company's whole entire booth was filled with nothing but knockoffs of other company's products and yes, it is bullshit, but the reliability is shit as well!

What a joke! I saw on youtube some guy's showing the built-in hush unit on the 333 not only doesn't work properly but it adds noisey squeel when turned all the way up on the channel it doesn't work.

I don't own this and haven't tried it yet but I will now for sure, anticipating a little laughter while I do so.

Who's seen this thing in person and played a Bugera?

Coyote
01-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I have yet to try one of the amps.

And since when was stealing the look and feel of something a new thing?
If the company doesn't have the slightest of an imagination, it'll show in their sales.

GAR
01-20-2009, 12:53 PM
And since when was stealing the look and feel of something a new thing?

That's oversimplifying things: at issue it's called "trademark registration" and when Behringer plays Marshalls' classic JCM800 designs, it destroys the image - destroys the perception of quality Marshall's been known for - costs the retailer a lot of money when some jackass is selling look-alike product and even the jackass retailer buying into this shit gets hurt when there's no support, service, parts or even additional stock in inventory up in Bothell, Washinton.

I wonder if St. Louis Music/Loud Technologies is behind all this because it takes alot of initial funding to get a product up and running.. although the Behringer guy talks about this Otto Pahnke,and his father-in-law's chocolate factory Storck on his bio page, he also mentions the old dude passed away in 2005.

I wonder if Behringer was or is funded by this German candy company Storck, or is a subsidiary in some way, or subsidiary of LOUD! Technologies because they're right across the street from LOUD's warehouse.. for those who don't know St Louis Music owns a vast distribution company, created the Crate and Ampeg line, and made alot of money selling knockoff Superstrat jap and korean guitars in the 80s as well as other knockoffs.

It wouldn't be beyond their legacy of knockoffs to fund this Behringer thing, and the never-ending stream of knockoffs is far greater than the control of just this one Uli Behringer.

Coyote
01-20-2009, 01:06 PM
That's oversimplifying things: at issue it's called "trademark registration" and when Behringer plays Marshalls' classic JCM800 designs, it destroys the image - destroys the perception of quality Marshall's been known for - costs the retailer a lot of money when some jackass is selling look-alike product and even the jackass retailer buying into this shit gets hurt when there's no support, service, parts or even additional stock in inventory up in Bothell, Washinton.

Marshall's quality? Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron these days? :D

I see your point, though.

GAR
01-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Let me oversimplify:

When you went to school and had the coolest shoes, that was your identity up until the other kid figure out where you got your latest kicks.

So maybe a week or a month goes by, then one or two other kids are wearing "your" kicks. So you beat 'em up, pick on 'em, mouth off to 'em, maybe kick em in the nuts.

Does being the first one with that design give you the right to go kicking em in the nuts? No, because youre not the designer of that design, youdon't own anything.

Well what about if you did design your own kicks, then go to school, and then a week later have some other guy not only copy your kicks but then kick you in the nuts with them?

That's Behringer Holdings and how they conduct trade. It's dirty business.

Sarge
01-22-2009, 03:59 PM
I didn't know Behringer ran "Bugera".

That is not my cup of tea. I want a Swart Atomic Space tone

GAR
01-22-2009, 05:07 PM
I'll post some classics from Harmony-Central about how displeased Behringer customers are with their purchases. Then you'll understand why they're trying to rebadge themselves.

LoungeMachine
01-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Behringer has some decent crap for the PRICE POINT.

It's the non-existant parts, customer service, or repair shops that will take them that's the issue.

Kids must buy them KNOWING they're disposable amps/mixers, etc. Much like a Bic lighter with presets.

:gulp:

Coyote
01-23-2009, 10:38 AM
It's entry level (or only thing left as a backup) gear...

LoungeMachine
01-23-2009, 12:11 PM
exactly.

And if it blows up, you're out $200. Until then, you can annoy mom and dad pretty loudly.

kentuckyklira
02-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Behringer has some decent crap for the PRICE POINT.

It's the non-existant parts, customer service, or repair shops that will take them that's the issue.

Kids must buy them KNOWING they're disposable amps/mixers, etc. Much like a Bic lighter with presets.

:gulp:

I own a few Behringer gadgets. Behringer is all about buying stuff you want to use at home, stuff thatīs not gonna take a beating!

My Behringer collection:

USB audio interface - works great for home recording, nice gadget for 24 Euros when the next cheapest was more than double that.

Hum cancel - doesnīt cancel all the hum, but only cost me 19 euros. Itīs perfect for finding out which part of your setup is causing the hum. Has helped us really well a couple of times.

AB pedal - plastic so donīt step on it too hard, otherwise, what can you fuck up with a AB pedal?

Bass limiter - works fine and does exactly what Behringer promises. Itīs also plastic so we keep it far from where our bass player stands!