PDA

View Full Version : Hetfield Takes Well Deserved Swipe at HOF Drama

LoungeMachine
01-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Metallica Wants Rock Hall Induction To Be "Drama Free"
Posted by Mitch Michaels on 01.23.2009

Newsted invited to play at the show, plus who would Metallica have inducted?

Metallica recently spoke about their upcoming induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

"Life is good in Metallica right now," James Hetfield said.

When asked who would induct them, Hetfield said: "I think that's an ongoing discussion. Between who the people actually know and care about, who actually respects you as a band… You don't want just some popular guy who's attracting TV viewers to induct you just because of that."

Hetfield also spoke about a one-off reunion with ex-bassiest Jason Newsted: "There's been an invite put out, no doubt. We want everyone to celebrate — everyone who's been a part of it. Jason has been a big part of that. You don't want to see the drama of a… unfortunately, Blondie or [Sex] Pistols or Van Halen. It's ridiculous. This is Metallica's moment — along with others — but let's celebrate. Let's forget the crap."

James also commented on how late bassist Cliff Burton would feel about the honor: "I would like to think that Cliff would love this."

Each member of Metallica was also asked what band he'd like to see in the Rock Hall. They lobbied for Motorhead (Hetfield), Deep Purple (Lars Ulrich), Rush (Kirk Hammett) and UFO (Robert Trujillo.)

Credit: RollingStone

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/95179/Metallica-Wants-Rock-Hall-Induction-To-Be-%5C%5CDrama-Free%5C%5C.htm

chefcraig
01-24-2009, 03:46 PM
I wonder if Mustaine will get a nod. I mean technically, he has never played on a Metallica record.

Diamondjimi
01-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I wonder if Mustaine will get a nod. I mean technically, he has never played on a Metallica record.

I'm sure they'll "make nice" and thank him for the early days so he won't run back to smack.;)

Newstead should be onstage as well. The Cliff era is the real Metallica ,imo.
Shit, I wish that dude was still alive. Saw them with Cliff on the Ride The Lightning tour , fuckin killer!

Diamondjimi
01-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Each member of Metallica was also asked what band he'd like to see in the Rock Hall. They lobbied for Motorhead (Hetfield), Deep Purple (Lars Ulrich), Rush (Kirk Hammett) and UFO (Robert Trujillo.)

Credit: RollingStone :monekyr:

Could'nt agree more...

Matt White
01-24-2009, 04:43 PM
CLASS...

It's strange how people act when they get off the booze & free themselves from addiction......

Yeah....METALLICA will OWN the RRHOF

GAR
01-24-2009, 04:48 PM
This is posted in Main?

LoungeMachine
01-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Does the LIBRARY censor thread titles?

It refers to the DRAMA spED caused at the HOF, mensa.

Feel free to move it though....

ooops, forgot.

you can't.

:gulp:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-24-2009, 05:22 PM
CLASS...

It's strange how people act when they get off the booze & free themselves from addiction......

Sure, after they pay the shrink 30K a month...

LoungeMachine
01-24-2009, 05:23 PM
LMAO

If you haven't watched the DVD Some Kind of Monster yet.......

YOU MUST.

LoungeMachine
01-24-2009, 05:26 PM
It's still rings as such a wasted fucking opportunity.....

spED can't pull it together long enough to fly to The Hall, thank the fans, accept the award like an adult, play a song with Dave and Mike, and FORGET THE DRAMA FOR ONCE.

But instead, he has to turn it into another soap opera, and HAND the spotlight to the ChedMaster.

nice.

TongueNGroove
01-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Mustaine never played on a Mettalica record? That is news to me, I thought he was at least on the first one.

But yah, I think he should be invited, he was a part of the band when they were getting started and I am sure he had a long lasting influence.

As far as Newsted goes, I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't show up. I bet there are some hard feelings there still. But yah, he should put them aside and bask in his glory if nothing else.

GAR
01-24-2009, 05:44 PM
That is news to me, I thought he was at least on the first one.

ME too. I understood he wrote half the songs at least on the first album but they've since ditched the speed metal thing.

chefcraig
01-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Mustaine received writing credit for 4 or 5 tunes on Kill "Em All, yet did not play on the album.

binnie
01-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Mustaine played on ONE song, which was recorded for a 'Metal Massacre' compilation, if memory serves.

He co-wrote several songs which appeared on the first two 'Tallica records, but Hammet did the playing.

I imagine that they will certianly give him props.

Will Newstead accept the invite? I certainly hope so.

I imagine that they will get somebody who sucks to induct Metallica though - some teeny-rock crap like Fall Out Boy...

chefcraig
01-24-2009, 06:16 PM
It would be cool if they had Lemmy Kilmister to induct the band. :rockit2:

hideyoursheep
01-24-2009, 06:57 PM
It would be cool if they had Lemmy Kilmister to induct the band. :rockit2:

They should be inducting Lemmy!

And "Little Filthy"...and "Fastway Eddie"...

chefcraig
01-24-2009, 07:00 PM
They should be inducting Lemmy!

And "Little Filthy"...and "Fastway Eddie"...

Hell, I agree with you. Yet the choices from the metal world members already instilled in this sham are severely limited. Do you really wish to listen to Ozzy ramble on incoherently for 9 or 10 minutes?

Andy Taylor
01-24-2009, 10:47 PM
I wish Chic had made it instead of 'tallica.

Seshmeister
01-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Sure, after they pay the shrink 30K a month...

Beat me to it although I think it was $40k a month for that twat.

Ignoring that I find the Metallica thing really fucking weird.

I've heard their stuff for 25 years now and still can't work out why they are so successful. What is their special thing that sets them apart from 10 000 thrash bands.

It can't be the song melodies, it can't be the guitar playing, it can't be the drumming and it certainly isn't the lyrics.

Shows what I know.

Andy Taylor
01-24-2009, 11:32 PM
They're not as great as even the old schoolers make them out to be. Master of Puppets is the most overhyped. The song in particular is based on all the traditional Sabbath riffs.

halenrox1
01-24-2009, 11:33 PM
It would be so great if rush finally got in on all that shit i mean why havent they all ready???

sadaist
01-25-2009, 12:57 AM

Mustaine didn't play on a Metallica record, but the first 3 albums Metallica sure played a lot of Mustaine riffs.

bueno bob
01-25-2009, 01:59 AM
Mustaine's playing is available on the demos No Life Til Leather, Metal Up Your Ass, Ron McGovney's '82 Garage Demos, Power Metal, Horsemen of the Apocalypse and the original Megaforce demo.

In any regards, James is spot on about the whole thing...

Speaking of which...

Will Ron McGovney show up? :confused: