• Show
Clear All
  • JuniorsGrades
    Roadie
    • Feb 2004

Saw this at the VH Links...Nice...

Losers of the Week
    Van Halen, Best Of Volume II

This week the reunited band announced it would release a two-disc set entitled The Very Best of Van Halen containing three new songs with formerly booted-out singer Sammy Hagar. Hold on, the track listing is virtually identical to 1996's Best Of, Volume I, except it's missing the two new tracks the band recorded with formerly booted-out singer David Lee Roth. Worse, it's forcing fans to buy a double set to get the three new numbers. Crestfallen that he would never be released, Van Halen, Best Of Volume II told reporters "this will come back to bite the band back HARD. Although I'm naturally disappointed that I will never get to work with my good friend Van Halen, Best Of Volume I who is rendered redundant by this decision, I plan to console myself in the company of friends who understand, like Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium II, Hall and Oates' Rock 'n' Soul, Pt.2 Greatest Hits, Michael Jackson's HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book 2 and Right Said Fred's More Greatest Hits.
    Before I always said I always liked Van Halen with David Lee Roth. Now I have to say I like Van Halen with David Lee Roth & Michael Anthony. It's just too much!
  • distortion9
    Sniper
    • Mar 2004

ROCK!

Exactly the kind of stuff I expect to see....nice find Juniors.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sternsucks.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...9e45f7d735.jpg

Your mom's box!

Comment

• JuniorsGrades
      Roadie
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by distortion9
      ROCK!

Exactly the kind of stuff I expect to see....nice find Juniors.
      No prob : )
      Before I always said I always liked Van Halen with David Lee Roth. Now I have to say I like Van Halen with David Lee Roth & Michael Anthony. It's just too much!

Comment

• RogueHorseman
        Commando
        • Apr 2004

Losers of the Week...

Yeah, the rock press is gonna rip this rip-off of a release to pieces, as well they should.
        <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

The Van Halen brothers deserve no less!

Comment

• BRANDON
            Roadie
            • May 2004

WHO WOULD BUY THAT PIECE OF SHIT ALBUM ANYWAYS.MAYBE THE SHEEP

Comment

• Figs
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Right Said Fred!!!! LOL!!

2 "Best of" albums with the same tunes is complete bullshit. They already sold the first one to casual fans, who's going to buy this? The really-god-damn-casual fans?

Comment

• 5150Clown
                Head Fluffer
                • Mar 2004

It's suicidal. Warner had no choice but to start moving the catalog, but you know...Warner Bros. have more of a vision in that I'm sure they said "Get Dave back and we won't have to do this. We'll offer you a deal you won't regret". But ofcourse, our beloved heros (Ed VanHeineken & his sister Alexa) decided that they don't want Dave back and will go back to their old bitch Spammy. So life goes on folks.
                "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• Carmine
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

I posted it earlier, but they have a tv commercial promoting the B of BW cd. lame

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Figs
                    Right Said Fred!!!! LOL!!

2 "Best of" albums with the same tunes is complete bullshit. They already sold the first one to casual fans, who's going to buy this? The really-god-damn-casual fans?
                    Even for a hard-core completist, this new BOV2 is a rip-off.

Anyone who wanted the 3 new Van Hagar tracks that badly could have burned them off the internet. In all seriousness, you'd have to be an idiot to waste money on this.

About the only point of interest for this is to see if a video companion will be released along with it, and what if any classic lineup video will be on it.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...