PDA

View Full Version : Fat Fuck Spambo is at it again...

VAiN
01-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Oh man, here's a new interview about chickenshit...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/sammy_hagar_i_wanna_be_the_guy_that_does_exactly_w hat_he_wants.html

I'll save you the read...low-lights include:

"Joe’s the best guitar player I’ve ever played with."

"Honestly, he’s better than all of ‘em and that’s why he’s the master and the teacher. Now I understand."

He can fingerpick, he can flatpick, he can play slow and he can play fast, he can work the whammy and make all those noises that Eddie and Steve Stevens can make. He can do it all. He’s the best."

"I don’t wanna point the finger at anyone, but in order for a writing team to work one guy’s gotta bring his stuff to the table and Ed wasn’t really bringing anything. When I said, “Hey, I’ll do the reunion [2004], let’s do a new record first,” and everybody agreed ‘till we got in the studio and Ed didn’t have anything. We had to go through friggin’ cassette tapes to find three old things that we’d already been through ten times on 5150 back then and we found those three things. I was trying to make a whole record and I found out shortly that just wasn’t possible."

"Eddie's brother lives down the street, he lives in the studio right there in his house, his son can play bass, ok, but he also has Mikey if he wanted, he has Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth for singers if he wanted. "

"I hate to be nasty here, but it’s not being nasty because the truth of the matter is I think Van Halen, Van Hagar, you know, and obviously with Dave, you know, they haven’t done a record. I think it kinda might be done. It’s sad because Ed was so prolific…"

And the mother of them all..... drum roll please.

"When I drug Dave across the country on the Sam & Dave tour, it was done strictly to try to develop a relationship for a Van Halen Sam & Dave tour. But after going out with Dave I knew that thing was never gonna work out [laughs]. He won’t jam; he won’t cooperate. He goes out and does his little schtick and that’s it. But Dave’s alright, I’m not down on Dave. I think he did a pretty good job on his thing considering he’s been out of it for so long. To come back on jump on it and do that, I was pretty proud of him."

Seshmeister
01-28-2009, 08:00 PM
We had to go through friggin’ cassette tapes to find three old things that we’d already been through ten times on 5150 back then and we found those three things. I was trying to make a whole record and I found out shortly that just wasn’t possible."

This would be a lot more convincing if it wasn't for a couple of irrefutable facts

a) Everything Hagar has ever done in his career has been on a sliding scale between total fucking shit and mediocre.

b) His contribution to those three songs was a deep fried abortion. Horrendous teenage first band filler vocal melodies and shocking embarrassing lyrics.

The Roth faint praise is transparently pathetic.

VAiN
01-28-2009, 08:05 PM
This would be a lot more convincing if it wasn't for a couple of irrefutable facts

a) Everything Hagar has ever done in his career has been on a sliding scale between total fucking shit and mediocre.

b) His contribution to those three songs was a deep fried abortion. Horrendous teenage first band filler vocal melodies and shocking embarrassing lyrics.

Spot on, sir.

I can't believe he had the balls to say he drug Dave around the cuntry. Fuck you, spambo!

Guitar Shark
01-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Hagar's lyrics have always been embarrassing. From "Dick in the Dirt" to "Black and Blue" to "Up for Breakfast"... the guy thinks he's clever, but it's just sad really.

Nickdfresh
01-28-2009, 08:22 PM

Well, I guess you don't appreciate the genius of clever breakfast food metaphors for sex....

Seshmeister
01-28-2009, 09:29 PM
As double entendres go it's not nice. I used to think it was about one of two pretty disturbing images.

Meaning 1 - Fat 60 year old guy is talking about all the stuff he likes to eat in the morning and it's a lot of stuff.

Meaning 2 - Fat 60 year old guy is actually talking about his relief at getting an errection in the morning. Fucking yuk.

On further examination it's actually even worse.

Well, pump it up, pump it up
Baby make it bigger

Going crazy
Pumping it up, pumping it up

http://www.mayoclinic.com/images/image_popup/m7_vcd.jpg

The song is actually based on an internal argument with himself.

Spread that butter on my biscuit (honey to my melon)
Put berries on bananas (I need a second helping)

He knows that by eating all this shit he's putting himself at risk and he's worried that using his erectile dysfunction penis pump might kill him.

This can be seen as a development in his lyric writing from the days of 5150 when he pretended he was a young guy picking up girls(not a middle aged married guy even then), as now he's writing about what he knows.

But does anyone want to know about his difficulties?

In any case even with the best lyrics in the world it would still be a shitty song.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
01-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Oh man, here's a new interview about chickenshit...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/sammy_hagar_i_wanna_be_the_guy_that_does_exactly_w hat_he_wants.html

I'll save you the read...low-lights include:

"Joe’s the best guitar player I’ve ever played with."

Not too worry Sam. Much like Ronnie Montrose and Edward Van Halen before him, I'm confident that you can even ruin Joe Satriani riffs with your screechy voice, childlike lyrics, and lazy, tossed off second-rate Jimmy Buffet-lite persona...

Seshmeister
01-28-2009, 09:43 PM
It'll just sound like Cold Play with more annoying singing... :)

GAR
01-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Hagar's lyrics have always been embarrassing. From "Dick in the Dirt" to "Black and Blue" to "Up for Breakfast"... the guy thinks he's clever, but it's just sad really.

I really don't think he writes all his own lyrics, he's had honest hits but 98 percent misses.

Maybe that's the key here: he lets his Missus write his fuckin' lyrics, the dumbfatfuck.

I'll hold back temporarily from going further on his ass reserving judgement for when I hear the actual final releases of the new tunes with Joe Satriani. Let's give the case the shred of hope for his sake, if Joe can keep Sammy from fucking the whole thing up I give it that 2% of hope that it sounds okay then I know he'll do it - my odds are given against it.

GAR
01-28-2009, 09:52 PM
NOT by any means that I wish to hear it, I just know some of you have to give the updates I'll eventually see here..

Va Beach VH Fan
01-28-2009, 11:00 PM
I can't wait for the interview post-Chickenshit when Joe says "Hagarita was the worst lead singer I've ever worked with".....

DavidLeeNatra
01-29-2009, 03:53 AM
As double entendres go it's not nice. I used to think it was about one of two pretty disturbing images.

Meaning 1 - Fat 60 year old guy is talking about all the stuff he likes to eat in the morning and it's a lot of stuff.

Meaning 2 - Fat 60 year old guy is actually talking about his relief at getting an errection in the morning. Fucking yuk.

On further examination it's actually even worse.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/images/image_popup/m7_vcd.jpg

He knows that by eating all this shit he's putting himself at risk and he's worried that using his erectile dysfunction penis pump might kill him.

This can be seen as a development in his lyric writing from the days of 5150 when he pretended he was a young guy picking up girls(not a middle aged married guy even then), as now he's writing about what he knows.

But does anyone want to know about his difficulties?

In any case even with the best lyrics in the world it would still be a shitty song.

Cheers!

:rofl:

hideyoursheep
01-29-2009, 03:58 AM
Who is Sammy Hagar?

DavidLeeNatra
01-29-2009, 05:03 AM
Where is Sarge's little helper when you need him...

binnie
01-29-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm starting to think that Hagar thrives on the loathing........

01-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Can you guys imagine goin to a Van Halen concert, gettin stoned, and then waking up the next morning, with Hagar`s dick in you!

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 05:18 PM

Cheers!

What's disturbing is how much you know about the song...;)

I never gave it a full listen...:D

:elvis:

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Can you guys imagine goin to a Van Halen concert, gettin stoned, and then waking up the next morning, with Hagar`s dick in you!

Why would anyone besides maybe Dr. Penis imagine that ??

I'm on the verge of moving this shit thread...

Terry
01-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Even assuming if what Hagar said is true, in that Ed and Dave are washed up in terms of new songwriting abilities and creativity, well, so?

Hagar at his very best is slightly above average in all areas; songwriting, performing, singing. The best thing that ever happened to Hagar was hooking up with Van Halen (best thing for Hagar, mind you, not necessarily for Eddie or the rest of us), and what Hagar is remembered for in Van Halen is bringing a sissified pop approach to a once incredible hard rock band as he attempted and failed to fill Roth's shoes.

Roth may be a has-been, but better than Hagar who is a never-was.

He's an asterisk in Roth's career and plays second-fiddle darkened by Roth's towering shadow. All the more obvious and cloying by the way he continually references the Van Halens and their recent reconciliation with Roth in his current interviews. Hey, the tubby bitch needs some kind of hook to keep people interested in his career, particularly after the collective yawn that greeted his Chickenfoot lineup announcement.

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 07:23 PM
I do have to say that Hagar gives an acceptable performance on Live Without a Net...

Seshmeister
01-29-2009, 07:33 PM
I couldn't agree less.

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Is that good or bad ??

Hecubus
01-29-2009, 09:55 PM
What's laughable is that Chedd is being interviewed in "Ultimate Guitar" or whatever. The dude's the farthest thing from it....

And he keeps good company with accomplished players by stroking them while he's with them.... Satch is no slouch obviously, and it's likely that a 60 year old bloat can't keep up with a shredder 20 years his junior... erego the 'awe'....

78/84 guy
01-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Live Without A Net is some of Ed's best playing. It's like a rehearsal from the 1984 tour with some roadie singing !! Now he say's Dave did a good job when he toured with him !! Sam make up your mind, you slammed him for years about his all VH song list !! I give him credit for saying he like's Dave, I'm not sure Roth think's the same.

VAiN
01-30-2009, 12:40 AM
I do have to say that Hagar gives an acceptable performance on Live Without a Net...

I'm of the opinion that 1986/5150 had just enough 'Dave residue' on it to pass by. After that, it was a terrible nose-dive for Eddie & Co. IMO, Eddie totally gave up playing and creating anything original in 1988.

Diamondjimi
01-30-2009, 01:37 AM

See: Davehagarfan:monekyr:

He's based his life around that very idea........:blow:

binnie
01-30-2009, 02:11 AM
Live Without a Net is truly awful...........

Terry
01-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Is that good or bad ??

I'd say that the Van Halens gave acceptable instrumental performances on LWAN, and it was Ed's last stand before his playing essentially went on autopilot and became a parody of itself.

Hagar's pre-Van Halen solo career was mundane but certainly more tolerable than what he went on to do with van Halen.

Sarge
01-30-2009, 11:54 AM
I used to dislike Hagar. That was before the invention of the internet.
I simply stayed away from anything Hagar before that and truthfully didn't know all the smack he talks about Dave.

Now I am more enlightened and have been exposed to the guy a little bit more.
I am truthfully sickened about all the shit talkin' he does about Dave... everytime he can do it.
He is a miserable human being.
I now fucking hate his ass with everything I got.
Fuck him in his roid riddled ass!

Breasts,

78/84 guy
01-30-2009, 02:51 PM
He has a way of slamming people and trying to always have a reason for it. Did he really think Dave would have toured with him sharing time in VH ?? Dave would have never did that !! As solo act's fine, at least they had their own band's. For some reson I agree with him about the stuff he say's about Ed. The guy continue's to baffle people with his desicion making over the last 15 year's. What is he 55 or so. He needs to get it together sooner or later. I really don't think to much of him as a person and wonder why Dave would work with him again, but I love his music so I would love to see them come up with tune's as good as the one's from 1996.

FORD
01-30-2009, 03:39 PM

Acceptable performance of WHAT? :confused:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-30-2009, 03:54 PM
I've always said that Van Hagar's best song wasn't even a Van Halen song, it was the Halenized version of "Only One Way to Rock".....

GAR
01-30-2009, 04:00 PM

Last nite I dreamed of sitting in a plum tree, eating way too many to the point of diarrhea.

Then I had to get up to go to the bathroom, and shat out the toilet scrubber. A curious thing due to the fact that I rarely sleep with the toilet scrubber.

My gal came in to see and saz Oh, how weird I had the craziest compulsive-cleaning dream last nite that wouldn't stop

I saz Does this brush look familiar?

Hecubus
01-30-2009, 04:58 PM
I've always said that Van Hagar's best song wasn't even a Van Halen song, it was the Halenized version of "Only One Way to Rock".....

Why even have it be a Hagar song, tho?

I prefer the "Won't Get Fooled Again Cover" any day over the above.

That said, the best songs on the Van Hagar albums are instrumentals.

Nickdfresh
01-30-2009, 05:30 PM
I'll admit I don't mind some moments of Van Hagar, and I wish they fucking renamed the band to Van Hagar. And I honestly don't like Sammy's high-pitched raspy, screechy voice all that much and don't ever think it mashed with the sound of Ed, Al, and Mike all that well.

But in every interview I've ever heard with Sam, he really comes across as sort of an unlikable dick with zero charisma. Much like his performance in "Live Without a Point." Even when I may have had a small amount of sympathy for him listening to Sam on Stern when the sisters tossed him and used Dave to sell their Greatest Hits Vol. I (of VI) while they were getting fisted by Gary all along, he still came across as a complete douche..

Sarge
01-30-2009, 06:07 PM
:donkey:
:fuhagar5:
:fuhagar4:
:sheepshagger:

chefcraig
01-30-2009, 06:54 PM
I'll admit I don't mind some moments of Van Hagar, and I wish they fucking renamed the band to Van Hagar. And I honestly don't like Sammy's high-pitched raspy, screechy voice all that much and don't ever think it mashed with the sound of Ed, Al, and Mike all that well.

But in every interview I've ever heard with Sam, he really comes across as sort of an unlikable dick with zero charisma. Much like his performance in "Live Without a Point"...

I honestly believe that somewhere along the line, in between Hagar joining the band and the release of 5150, the same thing that happened to REO Speedwagon occurred with Van Halen, in that they came out as the most non-threatening of acts since The Osmonds. If you think I'm kidding, go back and listen to those early REO records. Live, they would kick ass, doing 15 minute versions of guitar raging tunes like "Golden Country" that still stand up nearly 35 years later. They were a southern boogie band from Champaign Illinois, of all places. Yet they must have ate or drank something toxic that turned them into The Partridge Family when they recorded the somewhat ghastly Hi-Infidelity record, and it seems that Van Halen must have imbibed from the exact same lunch truck.

I'd always felt Hagar was pretty much a nonentity. Outside of a couple of Montrose records (which people listened to for Ronnie Montrose, NOT Sammy Hagar), he was merely one of those C-grade guys that was always opening for Ginger Baker's Air Force or was on a double bill with Three Dog Night. So how he wound up in VH was (and remains) a mystery at best.

Hagar will always be like the second Darren on Bewitched. Everyone remembers that the first guy was better, mainly because he was the original and created the role. As such, anything the guy says bad mouthing Roth (or anyone else, for that matter) should be seen within that context. The fact is, he'd not have a platform from which to speak without the very guy (or people) he currently chooses to throw under the bus.

Sarge
01-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Hagar will always be like the second Darren on Bewitched. Everyone remembers that the first guy was better, mainly because he was the original and created the role.

great analogy

Breasts,
Sarge

GAR
01-30-2009, 08:00 PM
.. both Darrens were - of questionable orientation..

chefcraig
01-30-2009, 08:02 PM
great analogy

Breasts,
Sarge

Thanks. Not sure if I can claim full credit for the line, yet it does make sense when you examine things. For instance, when Hagar played Farm Aid with EVH, seeing that his music wasn't getting people completely enthralled, he started cursing so much in a misguided attempt at stirring folks up that his performance was booted from (the then) Nashville Network, which was broadcasting the event and really had no other choice. The general reaction at the time was HUH?

Then that Live Without A Net video showed up, and I recall watching it when towards the end, during one of the last couple of tunes Hagar takes off and starts climbing up the scaffolding. He probably only went up around 30 feet, yet the camera made it look like he was scaling Mount Everest or something.

And I remember saying out loud "Jeez, he really is overcompensating for Roth, there."

And sure as shit, on the very next record, there he is on the cover with long hair, a look he never had before in his entire career. Look at the old photos of this dim bulb when he was with Montrose or solo: He always had that awkward white-guy's afro that was pioneered by Don Brewer of Grand Funk Railroad sometime back in 19 fucking 69, and has been seen in unfortunately photographed high school yearbooks ever since.

Most of this points to the guy not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, and if there are any remaining doubts, then all you need to do is listen to VH after he joined. The proof is in the (bland tapioca) pudding.

Terry
01-30-2009, 08:04 PM

Rightly named, as Hagar only KNOWS one way to rock...

ELVIS
01-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Acceptable performance of WHAT? :confused:

First of all, i'm probably the second to last person (Sarge being the last) that want's to say anything remotely good about Hagar...

But the dickhead's overall performance, including his singing on LWAN is better than anything he did on a Van Hagar album...

It was recorded before his voice became a totally annoying out of tune screech and way before he became a fat tequila salesman...

I basically mean it wasn't so bad that you couldn't get through one entire song, and the guitar bass and drums really flow on more than a few songs...

But even then, I remember thinking how far Edward had declined and now I look at it as some of his better playing...Definately some of his best recorded live work...and it's also documentation of how important Michael Anthony was to any version of Van Whatever...

Terry
01-30-2009, 08:11 PM
He has a way of slamming people and trying to always have a reason for it. Did he really think Dave would have toured with him sharing time in VH ?? Dave would have never did that !! As solo act's fine, at least they had their own band's. For some reson I agree with him about the stuff he say's about Ed. The guy continue's to baffle people with his desicion making over the last 15 year's. What is he 55 or so. He needs to get it together sooner or later. I really don't think to much of him as a person and wonder why Dave would work with him again, but I love his music so I would love to see them come up with tune's as good as the one's from 1996.

I recall that VH1 Sam and Dave tour documentary, where Hagar is asked about the question of a Van Halen reunion, and he said "The ONLY way to do it would be for Dave and me to go out on the road with them. Dave does a set, then I do a set."

Like, where the fuck did Hagar get the idea that when people were speaking about an anticipated Van Halen reunion they had Hagar in mind?

Why does he need to keep inflating the number of records he sold with the band?

Despite his bravado and all the tequila he sold, I'd be willing to bet he knows that when it comes to Van Halen more people than not consider him a poor substitute for Roth at best and don't consider what Hagar did with the band definitive Van Halen music.

Proof in the pudding; one rarely if ever hears Van Hagar played on the radio anymore...certainly nowhere near the amount of times CVH gets spinned; what was that couplet Hagar wrote...only time will tell if we stand the test of time...indeed.

Nickdfresh
01-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks. Not sure if I can claim full credit for the line, yet it does make sense when you examine things. For instance, when Hagar played Farm Aid with EVH, seeing that his music wasn't getting people completely enthralled, he started cursing so much in a misguided attempt at stirring folks up that his performance was booted from (the then) Nashville Network, which was broadcasting the event and really had no other choice. The general reaction at the time was HUH?

Then that Live Without A Net video showed up, and I recall watching it when towards the end, during one of the last couple of tunes Hagar takes off and starts climbing up the scaffolding. He probably only went up around 30 feet, yet the camera made it look like he was scaling Mount Everest or something.

And I remember saying out loud "Jeez, he really is overcompensating for Roth, there."

He also looked like a skinny, ratty silly buffoon with all of the coordination of the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz. And his coordiation of parachute pants with Ed was just gayer than the Volleyball scene from Top Gun...

And sure as shit, on the very next record, there he is on the cover with long hair, a look he never had before in his entire career. Look at the old photos of this dim bulb when he was with Montrose or solo: He always had that awkward white-guy's afro that was pioneered by Don Brewer of Grand Funk Railroad sometime back in 19 fucking 69, and has been seen in unfortunately photographed high school yearbooks ever since.

Most of this points to the guy not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, and if there are any remaining doubts, then all you need to do is listen to VH after he joined. The proof is in the (bland tapioca) pudding.

Actually he had long hair prior to VH. As most of Hagar's solo work, from what I've heard, he seems to be ripping off someone else. I think there are some pics of him where he virtually mimics Peter Frampton frame for frame, except without the ability to play guitar. Now that he's in his 60s and weighs as much as Orca, his shtick has changed to the Jimmy Buffet good time, aging beach bum motif. Including the whole Cabo industry ala Margaritaville, which he never would have made without Van Hagar. But yeah, I don't think Hagar would have been remembered for much more than "I can't Drive 55" and for being on the Heavy Metal soundtrack. But he was clearly a trend-hopper with a small cult of fans who enjoyed sub par semi-rock and venues with no more that a couple of thousand of people just like them...

Sarge
01-30-2009, 08:23 PM
I'd be willing to bet he knows that when it comes to Van Halen more people than not consider him a poor substitute for Roth at best and don't consider what Hagar did with the band definitive Van Halen music.

I don't think so
I think he actually believes he sold 20 million more albums than Dave with VH and his solo career was much more prolific.

Breasts,
Sarge

Nickdfresh
01-30-2009, 08:25 PM

I don't think so
I think he actually believes he sold 20 million more albums than Dave with VH and his solo career was much more prolific.

Breasts,
Sarge

Except most of the albums he sold didn't have his vocals on them...

BlimpyCHIMP™
01-30-2009, 08:48 PM
right now:

sam is up to no good digging thru the top shelf for something to eat..

Terry
01-30-2009, 09:54 PM

I don't think so

Breasts,
Sarge

Maybe you're right...maybe he does believe all of that...although if that's true he must be scratching his head wondering why so many of the Van Halen 2004 gigs were half-full and virtually all the Van Halen 2007 gigs were selling out, necessitating added shows...

Seshmeister
01-30-2009, 10:01 PM
He's a fucking lucky idiot who cares what he thinks.

He's completely out his depth lying his ass off year after year thinking everyone is as dumb as him.

Then again why wouldn't he think that since journalists never call him out and the morbidly obese housewives in the Red Rocker bleachers are hardly likely to tell him some home truths...?

There are a lot of pretty stupid people in famous heavy rock bands but the annoying ones are those that don't know their limitations.

Seshmeister
01-30-2009, 10:04 PM
First of all, i'm probably the second to last person (Sarge being the last) that want's to say anything remotely good about Hagar...

But the dickhead's overall performance, including his singing on LWAN is better than anything he did on a Van Hagar album...

It was recorded before his voice became a totally annoying out of tune screech and way before he became a fat tequila salesman...

I basically mean it wasn't so bad that you couldn't get through one entire song, and the guitar bass and drums really flow on more than a few songs...

But even then, I remember thinking how far Edward had declined and now I look at it as some of his better playing...Definately some of his best recorded live work...and it's also documentation of how important Michael Anthony was to any version of Van Whatever...

All I know is that back when it came out 6 of us sat down on a Saturday night to watch it with no preconceptions and halfway through the second song everyone decided to fast forward it to the guitar solo and after that it was never watched again.

In fact that was the last time I voluntarily listened to Van Hagar.

I'll admit the part of the Hagar show I saw during the Roth/Hagar tour before walking out was even worse but that's getting into the realms of 'what's your favorite cancer?'

chefcraig
01-30-2009, 10:28 PM
All I know is that back when it came out 6 of us sat down on a Saturday night to watch it with no preconceptions and halfway through the second song everyone decided to fast forward it to the guitar solo and after that it was never watched again.

I hear ya, as I watched it pretty much in the same manner, with a group of friends. I'm fairly certain that I even know which song made you FF through the tape: That God-awful tune "Get Up".

In the past, when CVH did fast tunes like that, you got the sense that they were sending up punk music to an extent, and it was done with a sly wink and a sense of humor. This piece of tripe, with it's "Oh so outrageous and forthright" use of the word bullshit left me wincing. And it was apparently performed in earnest.

Simply another example of over-reaching, to somehow compensate for the lack of wit that came so naturally when Dave Roth was in the band. And I never quite did get over the spoken word interlude the half-wit felt necessary to include on "Good Enough", from 5150. I (and more than likely, many others) really got the impression that he was mimicking the spoken asides Roth appeared to so casually toss off (even if they were well rehearsed). The effect was more of cynical calculation than easy-going inspiration, and thus failed miserably.

VAiN
01-31-2009, 01:52 AM
Man.. reading these few last posts really makes me wonder what a DLR directed version of the 5150 album would have been like. Stellar, no doubt...... I want one more out of these fucking guys. And I want it to count.

binnie
01-31-2009, 03:07 AM
Proof in the pudding; one rarely if ever hears Van Hagar played on the radio anymore...certainly nowhere near the amount of times CVH gets spinned; what was that couplet Hagar wrote...only time will tell if we stand the test of time...indeed.

True 'dat. The reason being that the Van Hagar records aren't timeless, they are of their time - plodding, reverb-heavy, keyboard and synth ladden '80s rock. As a result, they got left behind with the times.

DavidLeeNatra
01-31-2009, 03:15 AM

That's it, E. ... that's it...now you have it...

you'll burn in hell for this...

DavidLeeNatra
01-31-2009, 03:29 AM

In fact that was the last time I voluntarily listened to Van Hagar.

Funny...almost the same here...

I watched the whole thing...once...and never listened to any Van Hagar since, except it came on TV or the radio while I was watching something else...

the most embarrassing about it was that fake pathetic party behavior...like kissing the new girl in front of your ex who just left you to pretend how happy you are with the new bitch...and that gay 5150 walk...and that climbing during "Ain't talking bout love"...and those pants...and those...and those...

LWAN is a piece of shit and so was hagar's pathetic performance.

jero
01-31-2009, 03:30 AM
That's it, E. ... that's it...now you have it...

you'll burn in hell for this...

You got that right! The seventh level of hell

DavidLeeNatra
01-31-2009, 03:34 AM
You got that right! The seventh level of hell

and no chance to pray his way out and ask for forgiveness...there are cardinal sins...even God's merci is limited...

jero
01-31-2009, 04:10 AM
and no chance to pray his way out and ask for forgiveness...there are cardinal sins...even god's merci is limited...

lmao!

ELVIS
01-31-2009, 04:30 AM

I think thats exactly what and a friend and I did when we first saw it...

Terry
01-31-2009, 07:09 PM

I watched the whole thing...once...and never listened to any Van Hagar since, except it came on TV or the radio while I was watching something else...

the most embarrassing about it was that fake pathetic party behavior...like kissing the new girl in front of your ex who just left you to pretend how happy you are with the new bitch...and that gay 5150 walk...and that climbing during "Ain't talking bout love"...and those pants...and those...and those...

nothing but yeah

kwame k
01-31-2009, 07:19 PM
True 'dat. The reason being that the Van Hagar records aren't timeless, they are of their time - plodding, reverb-heavy, keyboard and synth ladden '80s rock. As a result, they got left behind with the times.

That's it in a nut shell.........go back and listen to CVH and it's timeless......go back and listen Van Hagar and it's useless.:hitch:

Sgt Schultz
02-01-2009, 11:40 AM
This calls for a re-post of one of my Photoshops...

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x259/sgtschultz_2007/vh_magna.jpg

chefcraig
02-01-2009, 12:02 PM
This calls for a re-post of one of my Photoshops...

Or one of my less involved "cut n pasters"...

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7982/craigmadethishn3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Nickdfresh
02-01-2009, 12:11 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Nickdfresh/TomVu.jpg

flappo
02-01-2009, 12:46 PM
i love hagar's reasoning on record sales

he had more top 40's than dave so he must've sold more records !!??!??!??!

except we all know albums are where the real dough and the real kudos lie

nobody remembers some shitty single from 1995 , but we all know fair warning , wacf etc & we all know the first 6 albums contain TWO diamond ( 10 million plus ) sellers while not a single one of his albums sold over 4 mill

he's on a another planet , it's not planet US , it's planet SU-ck

Sgt Schultz
02-01-2009, 01:48 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x259/sgtschultz_2007/vh_perm.jpg

Sgt Schultz
02-01-2009, 01:51 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x259/sgtschultz_2007/hagar_action_figure.gif

hideyoursheep
02-01-2009, 03:23 PM
The 2nd half of this interview pretty much sums up where Ed's head was at the time...

The DICK!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMTHOW6TMcQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMTHOW6TMcQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Baby's On Fire
02-02-2009, 12:00 AM

LWAN should be re-titled: Live Without ANY Balls

Diamondjimi
02-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Or one of my less involved "cut n pasters"...

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7982/craigmadethishn3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Craig , that fotoshop fuckin killz!:biggrin:

Hecubus
02-02-2009, 08:31 PM
LWAN should be re-titled: Live Without ANY Balls

I thought LWAN was short for "Live Without Any Nuts."

Diamondjimi
02-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Lwan?

A waste of fuckin film!!

flappo
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x259/sgtschultz_2007/vh_perm.jpg

haha , you rock

sgt schultz 4 mod !

Atomic_Rob
02-04-2009, 09:07 PM
The cunt knows where he stands, simply because he has to mention the boys in every fucking interview. If it wasn't for the house that ROTH built with the sisters and the other guy, Hagar would be nowhere.

Dave and the others know they started something real that was made with balls, passion and a fuck load of attitude, the 6 pack has gone down in history, and no matter where the band ends up, the legacy those albums have left us will never be disputed.

GAR
02-04-2009, 09:37 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x259/sgtschultz_2007/hagar_action_figure.gif

Must you be so cruel as to pick on Sammy Hagar's weight?

He may have a threerhoid problem.
He may have a disorder with a hormonal imbalance!
It is possible he has hypertension, or is overeating due to undisclosed systemic problem such as cancer. Hoo, wouldn't you be happy when he dies! The guilt would find the little soul remaining in that tine heart of yours.. BASTARD!

No, I say. It is not fair game to make fun of Sammy Hagar's obesity when there are so many mockable problems with him such as his overramped ego, unverified claims of tens of millions sold. And he's ugly, he's untalented, smells of human waste vomit and pot smoke, profoundly delusional to the true level of his popularity, atheistic drug-infested with a filthy beard possibly groomed with a weed-eater, he cross dresses and watches Oprah while the treadmill watches itself collect rust.

And I'm sure he's seen his navel in years: I seen him look at himself in the bathroom mirror on "MTV Crabs" as he scratched his crabby self, loathing his navel.

But let's be Gentlemen and not attack his good-eating manner. I hope to be able to eat so well in my old age, too, if there even is a Social Security around by then!