X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea joins The Faces

The Faces have reportedly finished writing their first album since 1973's Ooh La La--with some celebrity help.

Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart announced they were reforming in November and have confirmed Red Hot Chili Peppers' bassist Flea will be joining the reunited band.

Ronnie Wood revealed that the album was written during a trip abroad he and Rod Stewart took over Christmas.

Wood made the admission at the South Bank Awards, held at London's Dorchester Hotel yesterday (January 20), reports the Daily Mirror.

The duo reportedly visited Costa Rica, Bermuda, and Miami to get inspiration, and then wrote the album's songs in three days.

"I had a great time," said Wood. "It wasn't so much a holiday but a mini-world tour."
    Link
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Wow....didn't know this was going on....I thought Rod said he'd never do a reunion.
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Can't wait to hear this album!!!!!
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
        Wow....didn't know this was going on....I thought Rod said he'd never do a reunion.
        I think Woody's battle with the bottle changed his mind. The Stones weren't working at the moment, so Rod & Ian McLagan figured they could get him focused on something other than vodka and 19 year old Russian girls.

First irony there is that the Faces were known for their legendary drinking back in the day, now they're reuniting to keep their guitarist sober?

Second irony is that while all this was taking place, Rod's own son was on "Celebrity Rehab". Maybe Shawn should be in the band too?

As for Flea, you couldn't ask for a better bass player, yet he's not anything like Ronnie Lane. This should prove interesting. And I'm looking forward to the album & tour.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Now I'm completely confused...this story has more holes in it than my underwear.

First Stewart says this is a go (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...rich-and-blur/ ),
          McLagan confirms it ( http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...avid-lee-roth/ ),
          Wood says there will be a tour, yet Flea is out ( http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...s-ready-to-go/ ),
          then a spokesman for Stewart says it's all bullshit:

Despite Rumors, No Faces Reunion Tour or Album in 2009

A spokesperson for Rod Stewart has denied reports that Stewart and Ron Wood have written an album’s worth of material for a new Faces LP that was to proceed a reunion tour. “There’s no plans for a Faces reunion tour this year,” the spokesperson tells Rolling Stone. Wood is working on a new solo project, but “Rod did not do any recording with him for that album,” according to the spokesperson. Reports out today also indicated that Flea was subbing in for the late Ronnie Lane on bass. Wood told Rolling Stone that Flea inquired about the job, but that Rod’s touring bassist Conrad Korsch was filling the slot.

In an interview with RS last month Ron Wood announced that the Faces had rehearsed a handful of times last year. “It was like no time has passed by,” he said, noting that tour plans were in the works. “We just have to sort out when and where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We know we can do it. It’s just a matter of getting everyone’s availability sometime next year.”

With Rod’s calendar slowly filling up with tour dates, it’s looking more likely like Faces fans will have to wait until 2010 — though if Mick and Keith decide to bring the Rolling Stones back on the road by then, Ron Wood will become the one without time. Meanwhile, Faces drummer Kenny Jones and keyboardist Ian McLagan grow restless along with the rest of us.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, in that case...... how about some more classic Faces to hold us over. This one featuring a guest appearance from Woody's other bandmate...........

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UF9NJVMmJTw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UF9NJVMmJTw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

....whatever happened to Tetsu Yamauchi anyway?
            Last edited by FORD; 02-01-2009, 01:22 PM.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

The Faces were a great band. I'm looking forward to this, it'll be nice not to hear Rod singing smoozy ballads.......
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                Now I'm completely confused...this story has more holes in it than my underwear.

First Stewart says this is a go (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...rich-and-blur/ ),
                McLagan confirms it ( http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...avid-lee-roth/ ),
                Wood says there will be a tour, yet Flea is out ( http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...s-ready-to-go/ ),
                then a spokesman for Stewart says it's all bullshit:

Despite Rumors, No Faces Reunion Tour or Album in 2009

A spokesperson for Rod Stewart has denied reports that Stewart and Ron Wood have written an album’s worth of material for a new Faces LP that was to proceed a reunion tour. “There’s no plans for a Faces reunion tour this year,” the spokesperson tells Rolling Stone. Wood is working on a new solo project, but “Rod did not do any recording with him for that album,” according to the spokesperson. Reports out today also indicated that Flea was subbing in for the late Ronnie Lane on bass. Wood told Rolling Stone that Flea inquired about the job, but that Rod’s touring bassist Conrad Korsch was filling the slot.

In an interview with RS last month Ron Wood announced that the Faces had rehearsed a handful of times last year. “It was like no time has passed by,” he said, noting that tour plans were in the works. “We just have to sort out when and where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We know we can do it. It’s just a matter of getting everyone’s availability sometime next year.”

With Rod’s calendar slowly filling up with tour dates, it’s looking more likely like Faces fans will have to wait until 2010 — though if Mick and Keith decide to bring the Rolling Stones back on the road by then, Ron Wood will become the one without time. Meanwhile, Faces drummer Kenny Jones and keyboardist Ian McLagan grow restless along with the rest of us.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...album-in-2009/
                That's why I found that story so weird.......just a few months ago, as you pointed out, Rod was saying no way..........I really hope they do it.....that's one concert I'll be damned if I'll miss...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Today I heard on the radio that Woody's trying to talk The Stones into hitting the road this summer. So whatever the roadblock is with this Faces thing, it must be a big one, because it sounds like it's either called off for good, or pushed way to the back burner.

Bummer. I've seen the Stones, and wouldn't mind seeing them again. But I'd rather see the Faces.

Fuck it..... get Mick Taylor on board, and send it out as a double bill..... Stones & Faces 2009.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    Today I heard on the radio that Woody's trying to talk The Stones into hitting the road this summer. So whatever the roadblock is with this Faces thing, it must be a big one, because it sounds like it's either called off for good, or pushed way to the back burner.

Bummer. I've seen the Stones, and wouldn't mind seeing them again. But I'd rather see the Faces.

Fuck it..... get Mick Taylor on board, and send it out as a double bill..... Stones & Faces 2009.
                    They would NEVER get Mick Taylor in the band.
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...