1984 tour TV quality multicamera pro shot video - does anyone know where to find one?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

1984 tour TV quality multicamera pro shot video - does anyone know where to find one?

I've seen a low quality single camera video bootleg of the 1984 tour in Montreal or Toronto (I forget which). But I would really like to see a TV quality multicamera pro shot video of a 1984 tour concert.

Does any such video exist?

Where/how can I get a copy?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR
  • Cato
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

>I've seen a low quality single camera video bootleg of the 1984 tour in Montreal or Toronto (I forget which).

Montreal. April 19 1984

>Does any such video exist?

yes. but nobody has never seen it
    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Alex Mogilny
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2004

Re: 1984 tour TV quality multicamera pro shot video - does anyone know where to find one?

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
      I've seen a low quality single camera video bootleg of the 1984 tour in Montreal or Toronto (I forget which). But I would really like to see a TV quality multicamera pro shot video of a 1984 tour concert.

Does any such video exist?

Where/how can I get a copy?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
      Alex Van Halen's basement.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
        Sniper
        • Apr 2004

But I remember that there was a Van Halen concert shown on MTV when the 1984 tour was going on. Was this MTV concert from the 1984 tour? Perhaps it was the US Festival Diver Down show or something like that. It is a crime not to release some Dave/VH concerts on DVD.

Comment

• EbDawson
          Veteran
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
          But I remember that there was a Van Halen concert shown on MTV when the 1984 tour was going on. Was this MTV concert from the 1984 tour?
          That was probably the MTV Lost weekend deal that MTV had with VH. I don't think they showed much of the concert though.

There's a Vegas Boot from '84 that's starting to float around. I don't have it and I don't know if it's pro-shot, probably not.

Sucks not having a hi-quality DVD from that era but with Ed what can you expect. Dave said in a recent interview that Ed should open the vaults and release DVD's/video and live cuts from that era but I'm not holding my breath. Look at them releasing Sam singing Dave stuff on the new CD.
          "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• dave_is_vh
            Sniper
            • Apr 2004

Releasing Dave era songs with Sam singing is the ultimate slap in the face to VH fans.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
              Commando
              • May 2004

That MTV show was a concert from Oakland during the FAIR WARNING
              TOUR. It would be great if someone had a copy of that.

Comment

• Lou

I thought I heard there was a pro-shot Leicestershire 8/18/84 out there (not just the Hot For Teacher thing).

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                  Sniper
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                  I thought I heard there was a pro-shot Leicestershire 8/18/84 out there (not just the Hot For Teacher thing).
                  Any idea how to get a copy?

Comment

• EbDawson
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                    You talking about the Donnington Castle deal? I saw somebody on e-bay offering a VHS of that show. (no I didn't bid on it) Don't know any details on it.

Also talked to a guy I deal with and he says the Vegas '84 show is audience shot and not a complete show.
                    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• EbDawson
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
                      That MTV show was a concert from Oakland during the FAIR WARNING
                      TOUR. It would be great if someone had a copy of that.
                      Well it wouldn't have been live. MTV came on in'82 and the FW tour was in '81. I think the three Oakland videos, Unchained, Hear About it Later, So This is Love, are just videos. It hasn't been confirmed that a full video of that show exists. I still think that any VH concert on MTV was the '84 tour and in regards to that Lost Weekend With Van Halen giveaway where they brought that guy out onstage and hit him with a cake in the face. The band then went into Ain't Talkin' bout LOve.

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• jengis

the doninghton show is about 63 mins long , it's audience and it's orrible . i gave my vopy vhs to an english friend , he will put on dvd with other van halen stuff .
                        but believe me , the donninghton 1984 aud show pretty sucks !!

Comment

• EbDawson
                          Veteran
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jengis
                          the doninghton show is about 63 mins long , it's audience and it's orrible . i gave my vopy vhs to an english friend , he will put on dvd with other van halen stuff .
                          but believe me , the donninghton 1984 aud show pretty sucks !!
                          Thanks, that's pretty much what I had thought.

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• Cato
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I heard WB filmed a show(or 2) officially in 1984...
                            Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• jengis

i heard that soon a pro shot from 1984 tour will surface . someone got on his hands . it's the complete show from doninghton 1984 , but not the audience shot , but the pro-shot version . the same as the famous hot for teacher live from castle doninghton .
                              i hope that it will surface soon . it would be cool .
                              i had transferred from a friend of mine from england ( that someone here knows well ) the audience doninghton . it has been remastered and colour recorrected .
                              the only problem is that is in PAL and not NTSC .
                              let's hope about this pro-shot !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...