X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Hooray for a 2nd stimulus bill!

The ink isn't even dry on the first one and they're already covering their asses for when it doesn't work by laying the groundwork for a second bill.

"U.S. Sen. Dan Inouye (D) said Tuesday the federal government may have to jolt the economy with a second stimulus package." “That’s discussion item No. 1 now in Washington,” Inouye told reporters. “Some people are calling this bill the stimulus No. 1.”

"President Obama (D) has not ruled out a second stimulus package, his press secretary, Robert Gibbs, said on Tuesday, just before Mr. Obama signed his $787 billion recovery package into law with a statement that it would “set our economy on a firmer foundation.”

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”
  • swage33
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2009

It serves hidden agendas that they be delivered under the auspices of "Stimulus". Keep your eyes and ears open...they are about to reveal themselves.
    High quality hate while you wait

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It's been an established fact for years that the so-called "Red" states take a lot more federal dollars than they give back. So why are Repukes whining about this, when they'll probably benefit more than anyone?

If it were up to me, I wouldn't give a goddamn dime to any district where the congressman voted against the bill, and if both senators from that state voted no, the whole state loses out.

Fortunately for Sadie, California has one Democratic Senator (Boxer) and one DLC war profiteer who sometimes pretends to be a Democrat on domestic issues (Feinstein). Dunno where "Accoville Hollow" is, but I have a feeling its somewhere in the zipper of the Bible Belt.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Pink Spider
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by swage33
        It serves hidden agendas that they be delivered under the auspices of "Stimulus". Keep your eyes and ears open...they are about to reveal themselves.
        Right now, the Democratic side of congress will pass anything that Obama wants them to. They don't even have to read it or know what's in it...it's passed. It was the same under Bush and it will be the same after Obama..

More clueless fuckwits who pretend to care, so they can achieve more power. It's also a pity that everywhere you go...there they are. We've cured diseases and have sent people to the moon and yet, we're still stuck with the same moron politicians..

These people can't even be bothered to read what they're voting on and anyone that says the economy is going to recover because of government intervention, is mostly delusional. These politicians can barely tie their own shoelaces.

Comment

• Big Train
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

What will the next stimulus focus on?

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

They should wait a while for another stimulus. In between, they should start undoing the damage that's been done for the last 28 years. Starting with all the tax cuts for the rich since 1980. Then all the loopholes, and restore the inheritance tax.

As long as the BCE, the Rockefellers, etc. are allowed to perpetuate themselves through not paying taxes, they will continue to have too much power over the country. And since middle class tax payers paid for the "tax cuts" that went to those tax dodgers, they are literally stealing our money.

Time to take it back. In the case of the BCE, it should be every last penny, because they never earned any of it legitimately, that I know of.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Sharemarkets didnt bounce with this latest gigantic injection..
              Bit of a worry... Our stimulus caused fuck all response from
              the Oz sharemarkets too... All seems like the right thing to
              do, but the bull has already bolted.... I cant ever remember
              seeing the all ords as low as it is now... The retirees in Oz
              that had all their superannuation and investments tied up in stocks
              are screwed, I imagine its the same in the US...Without investor
              confidence, we are just going into more debt to pay debt..
              I ripped my money out when it had dropped 30% (rule of thumb
              for me)... Thanking god now !!!
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                They should wait a while for another stimulus. In between, they should start undoing the damage that's been done for the last 28 years. Starting with all the tax cuts for the rich since 1980. Then all the loopholes, and restore the inheritance tax.

As long as the BCE, the Rockefellers, etc. are allowed to perpetuate themselves through not paying taxes, they will continue to have too much power over the country. And since middle class tax payers paid for the "tax cuts" that went to those tax dodgers, they are literally stealing our money.

Time to take it back. In the case of the BCE, it should be every last penny, because they never earned any of it legitimately, that I know of.
                <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKGrAZTOS0k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKGrAZTOS0k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

restore the inheritance tax....

......they are literally stealing our money.

What the fuck do you think the inheritance tax is? FUCK NO!
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                    What the fuck do you think the inheritance tax is? FUCK NO!

Unless you're Paris Hilton, how exactly would you be "hurt" by multi-generational billionaires paying what's fucking due from the fucking leeches?

Why are you defending the goddamned bloodsuckers, when Stevie Wonder could see what this reverse Robin Hood shit has done to this country?
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Unless you're Paris Hilton, how exactly would you be "hurt" by multi-generational billionaires paying what's fucking due from the fucking leeches?

Why are you defending the goddamned bloodsuckers, when Stevie Wonder could see what this reverse Robin Hood shit has done to this country?
                      Just how much is due? And I'm against ANY Robbing Hoods. The government is the largest group of "goddamned bloodsuckers" there is...and they have the law behind them. If they don't, they just change the law.

From experience, and far from Paris Hilton type money. When my granddad passed in 2003, he had total assets (stocks, cash, property, vehicles) around $4 million. Split equally between my Mom & uncle after the lawyers, accountants & TAXES. All the grand kids gladly signed an agreement releasing any claims to the assets so that my Mom & Uncle could just split it 50/50. My grandpa worked from age 12 beginning in 1924. In the 50's he opened his first Buick dealership and by the late 1980's had a Chevrolet dealership and a Cadillac dealership...both built from the ground up, along with a leasing company & fleet sales. One of those old school, insane work ethic type guys that sadly our population seems to be lacking (I wish I had 1/2 of that type of grit). Anyways, I witnessed how Uncle Sam got a nice chunk, after a lifetime of receiving tons of taxes, they couldn't wait for him to die to grab anything else they could.

On the bright side, all the kids went to his house and were allowed to choose a couple of items before the lawyers got in there to take an inventory and raise the assessed values even higher. So everyone got to receive something of his that held sentimental importance to that individual.

My thoughts are that the assets someone has have already been taxed enough. There should not be a penalty/extra tax when they die so the government can have a last shot at it. If you believe that these people don't pay enough taxes, get it from them while they're alive. Remember, any money someone inherits is going to be taxed when they spend any of it, generate earnings with it, etc...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

What happened to the dealership after your Grandad passed, sadaist?

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

He actually sold both in 1991 or 1992 I think to Bob Baker. He owns several dealerships in San Diego. So he was retired. Grandma got Alzheimers, so she was his new full time job. Married for 60 years. Weird, but he went just 5 months after she did. Guess that happens a lot with long time couples.

Would have been cool to take over the place, but the infighting between the grandkids that probably would have happened, just as well he flat out sold the places.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

It's been an established fact for years that the so-called "Red" states take a lot more federal dollars than they give back. So why are Repukes whining about this, when they'll probably benefit more than anyone?
                            This is no red vs blue issue...

I don't know who is controlling Obama on the "stimulus" agenda, but he's getting himself into some seriously hot water, in my somewhat informed opinion...

And if he comes down with sudden death syndrome while in office, who will be his successor, Joe Biden or Michelle Obama ??

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              And if he comes down with sudden death syndrome while in office, who will be his successor, Joe Biden or Michelle Obama ??

That's somehow funny to you???

Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...