PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm really pissed!!

Take 'Em
02-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Last unemployment stats on Vets returning home from Afganistan and Iraq are over 25% and nobody in the Federal/Stat Gov seems to give them the help they need. Meanwhile there is a large group of currently employed workers in this country who feel that they are not only entitled to permanent employment but signing bonuses and 15-21% increases in total compensation, including benefits.........

That group would be the CWA Union walking away from the table in talks with AT&T to settle up on a new labor contract. AT&T just laid off 12,000 non union employees (w families) and not a single CWA worker was affected.

I certainly am not defending the phone company here by any means, but I really believe that Mr. Obama needs to speak up and tell these individuals that if they don't want a job working for a Large company that is going to be around through this recession, then he would be happy to give those positions and the increased wages/bonus to the guys that are laying their lives down for us overseas.

God Bless them!!!!

GAR
02-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Anyone in Ohio know somebody working for Firestone?

They're laying off like crazy!

Take 'Em
02-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Anyone in Ohio know somebody working for Firestone?

They're laying off like crazy!

That's what pisses me off the most!! All these layoffs and these guys have the balls to walk away from a 20% increase and 4 years of job security!!

Bullsheist I tell you...

Satan
02-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Let's not blame the Unions for what the BCE did to Veterans, or to the economy. Three different issues there. And for that matter, there's the other side of the coin. What about the vet in the Guard or the Reserves who was able to come home from Iraq and resume his employment at a union job, working for a reasonable employer who held the position while he was away through no fault of his own?

Take 'Em
02-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Let's not blame the Unions for what the BCE did to Veterans, or to the economy. Three different issues there. And for that matter, there's the other side of the coin. What about the vet in the Guard or the Reserves who was able to come home from Iraq and resume his employment at a union job, working for a reasonable employer who held the position while he was away through no fault of his own?

I have a great respect for my union brothers and the valuable skills they provide, but unfortunately their leadership has taken them down a path of political no-return which may end up costing them and their families in the long run...

Big Train
02-19-2009, 01:18 AM
I'd say I agree wholeheartedly to what you both have said, but I don't want to pick a fight with Nick.