• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hellraiser!!
    Head Fluffer
    • Dec 2005

UFO set release dates for The Visitor

According to bravewords.com

Good news for all fans of British rock legends UFO: their brand-new studio album, The Visitor, is due out before the end of spring.

The arrival of the album has been set for late May/early June, tour dates will be announced soon.

UFO composed more than 35 new tracks in the run-up to the recordings, 13 of which were short-listed and produced at the studio. 11 of these songs are expected to make it onto the regular album, the other two are scheduled to become bonus tracks for a limited edition digipak.

The current line-up continues to consist of the three original members, Phil Mogg (vocals), Paul Raymond (guitar, keyboards), and Andy Parker (drums), as well as American world-class guitarist Vinnie Moore. Bass legend and original member Pete Way is currently suffering from a liver disease and was unfortunately not available for the studio production.

“All those who have been into UFO for a long time will find all our characteristic trademarks on The Visitor, and anybody new to the band will be impressed by our enthusiasm and dynamism,” frontman Phil Mogg enthuses on the subject of the new songs.

The Visitor sees the band benefiting especially from their collaboration with Vinnie Moore, who joined UFO in autumn 2003 and has made an excellent impression on the albums, You Are Here (2004) and The Monkey Puzzle (2006), and on the band’s tours.

Mogg: “Without running down previous UFO lineups - it’s been a long time since we had a team as strong as this one. Vinnie contributes his youthful energy and amazing guitar technique, and in Andy’s return we’ve seen the reappearance of a musician who has always been very important to the band’s original sound.”

Naturally the band will embark on a major world tour this year. Concert dates will be announced soon, and appearances at the Rock Hard festival at the end of May and the Wacken Open Air at the beginning of August 2009 in Germany have been confirmed.

Release Dates for The Visitor on Steamhammer / SPV:

Germany / Austria / Switzerland: May 29th
    UK / rest of Europe: June 2nd
    USA / Canada: June 2nd

Too bad Pete Way is not with them anymore.....anyone knows who'll be the new bass player?!
    www.diamonddavidleeroth.com
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

After performances like Schenkers on Pack if Up and Go and the brilliant Walk on Water album, I could never imagine another guitar player doing the right thing in that band.

That Vinne Moore tears Light Out a new asshole!
    His playing goes well with that band.
    I'm not sure what other fans think of the writing he's done with them.
    35 tracks? Just put it all out !

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

I'm gonna say it (just so it won't happen), but Pete Way will be dead before the end of the year.

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
        Head Fluffer
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr Walker
        I'm gonna say it (just so it won't happen), but Pete Way will be dead before the end of the year.

WTF Walker!!!

Are you his doctor to say something like this?!

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
          WTF Walker!!!

Are you his doctor to say something like this?!
          Quote from Paul Raymond...

Regarding Pete - he has not been well for some time, our past excesses have caught up with all of us in one way or another but more so with Pete. He is getting treatment for a serious liver complaint and hopefully in time he will recover - its going to take a complete lifestyle change and only time will tell if Pete can be strong enough to do that.

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
            Head Fluffer
            • Dec 2005

Quote from Paul Raymond...

Regarding Pete - he has not been well for some time, our past excesses have caught up with all of us in one way or another but more so with Pete. He is getting treatment for a serious liver complaint and hopefully in time he will recover - its going to take a complete lifestyle change and only time will tell if Pete can be strong enough to do that.

Yeah I kinda understand, cause like Pete said:

"Am I drinking today? Let's put in this way, I'm not not drinking today"

But who knows....a man can change!!!

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

If any of these 35 songs are any good please post them.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
                Yeah I kinda understand, cause like Pete said:

"Am I drinking today? Let's put in this way, I'm not not drinking today"

But who knows....a man can change!!!
                It sounds to me like they are trying to minimize things... I think it may be too late for change at this point.

As far as the Vinnie Moore UFO discs go... I think 'You Are Here' is excellent but I didn't care much for 'The Monkey Puzzle'.

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Dec 2005

It sounds to me like they are trying to minimize things... I think it may be too late for change at this point.

As far as the Vinnie Moore UFO discs go... I think 'You Are Here' is excellent but I didn't care much for 'The Monkey Puzzle'.
                  Exactly!!! There's just a couple of really good songs on "Monkey Puzzle"....and I'm not too enthusiastic about the new release, cause in the later years, Pete Way was the best songwriter of this band!!!

Comment

• Atomic_Rob
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2004

Looking forward to this.

Get well soon Pete!
                    Diamond Dave Is Van Halen. 'Nuff Said

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2006

UFO albums w/ Vinnie Moore have been dull in my opinion but he does breathe new life into their concerts. He puts his own stamp on the Schenker solos in a good way.
                      I'll be praying for Pete.
                      "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Finally found myself the new 2009 Chapman-era remasters (No Place To Run - The Wild, The Willing & The Innocent - Mechanix).

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Dec 2005

Cool...still can't find those remasters anywhere here in my country yet....but they're planning to release soon, so it will be easier than the originals CDs which is almost impossible to find here, including the discs from Michael Schecker era!!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

I got them off Amazon... I found a place that was offering two of the three (No Place to Run, TWTWATI) for 8 bucks each... I think I paid 12 for the 3rd (Mechanix). Prior to that I had to buy these CDs from a Japanese website for much more than this. I also bought a CD that had both TWTWATI & Mechanix on the same CD but it was a piece of shit... the songs were horribly chopped up.

The liner notes for these 2008/2009 remasters are awesome. Out of this new batch, the only one I've opened so far is TWTWATI. The notes go into Mogg's obsession with Bruce Springsteen and how it influenced the title of the LP (The Wild The Willing and The Innocent v. The Wild The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle) and how everyone pretty much new Neil Carter was gay before he did (he was married to a chick when he joined UFO).

I don't know why they stuck this live version of 'Lonley Heart' on here as a bonus track... it really sounds bad... if I were Mogg, I wouldn't have allowed it.

Speaking of the Chapman-era UFO... I keep forgetting to search youtube to see if anyone ever posted a clip of Pete Way and Paul Chapman on the Hollywood Squares game show from 1979.

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Dec 2005

I got them off Amazon... I found a place that was offering two of the three (No Place to Run, TWTWATI) for 8 bucks each... I think I paid 12 for the 3rd (Mechanix). Prior to that I had to buy these CDs from a Japanese website for much more than this. I also bought a CD that had both TWTWATI & Mechanix on the same CD but it was a piece of shit... the songs were horribly chopped up.

The liner notes for these 2008/2009 remasters are awesome. Out of this new batch, the only one I've opened so far is TWTWATI. The notes go into Mogg's obsession with Bruce Springsteen and how it influenced the title of the LP (The Wild The Willing and The Innocent v. The Wild The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle) and how everyone pretty much new Neil Carter was gay before he did (he was married to a chick when he joined UFO).

I don't know why they stuck this live version of 'Lonley Heart' on here as a bonus track... it really sounds bad... if I were Mogg, I wouldn't have allowed it.

Speaking of the Chapman-era UFO... I keep forgetting to search youtube to see if anyone ever posted a clip of Pete Way and Paul Chapman on the Hollywood Squares game show from 1979.
                              The other day I found on MSN videos a funny interview with Pete Way and Fin from 1984/1985...Pete was really hammered!!!!

Cool info from the liner notes...did the mention something about Bon Scott in the liner notes of "No place to run"?! Cause I read that Phil and Pete was one of the last persons who meet him before his death!!

Comment

Working...