Diamond Dave CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marlowe01

Diamond Dave CD

how good is the new CD? I haven't had the money to go out and buy it yet, and I didn't hear good things about it. As Roth Army.com, what do people think? Let me know
  • allanshort
    Full On Cocktard
    • Feb 2004

Well as a massive fan of the DLR band album and a fan of Women and Children First and a little aint enough let me tell you that this is a dissapointment. I went into this with a open mind and hope, but it is pretty much unlistenable. I hate to say it because I was massively depressed about the VH reunion with Hagar. If you have seen the weird barbeque video from Dave, this will remind you of it. I still love Dave's music its just that this CD is collecting dust.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

if you are not a member of the "dave needs to put out an ass-kicking rock album with all originals"-fraction you can have a lot of fun with this album...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• RogueHorseman
        Commando
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Marlowe01
        how good is the new CD? I haven't had the money to go out and buy it yet, and I didn't hear good things about it. As Roth Army.com, what do people think? Let me know
        I love it for what it is - a very diverse album with Dave's eclectic tastes, swager and style fully evident. My favorite tracks are "She's Lookin' Good" and the Hendrix cover "If 6 Were 9" (great take/improvement over the original which says a lot). Overall, it has a very fun feel to it, with touches of blues, funk, big band... well, you know Dave.

Having said that, it is far removed from his hard edged work ala FW or the fairly recent DLR band, which is one hell of a rock album, period. About the only true rocker on DD is Thug Pop.

If you liked, say, the EP Crazy From The Heat you'll probably also dig this.
        <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Marlowe01

lol...I get such a huge spectrum of comments on the album. I think I'll give it a try and buy it used, so if it's really good then I'll REALLY get my money's worth, and if it sucks, well then I'm not out too much money

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

ROFL!! fraction. That kills me.
            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• cscmtp
              Groupie
              • Mar 2004

I like it. definitely needs to be in any true DLR fan's collection. That being said, if you're looking for EAS II, this isn't it. Not a lot of hard rock, double bass, etc. But I still appreciate the music very much. But i am ready for another EAS or DLR Band type album

Comment

• kidvegas
                • Apr 2004

The album sucks,he sucks,his movies sucks,his hairline sucks,his career sucks,his voice sucks,..........you must be absolutly fucking kidding me for one second that you think that this piece OF no talent shit rocks harder than Hagar!!!!!!!!!Go check the tapes........Sammy is still relevent...........when the fuck was the last time this jewish piece of shit ever did ANYTHING worth talking ABOUT?!?Thats' right the Vegas lounge act really kicked ass!!!!!!!!
                KidVegas

Comment

• fanofdave
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

Diamond Dave CD

This album gives you a good look at the different
                  types of bands and sounds that influenced Dave
                  throughout the years. Its a good collection of tunes
                  interpreted by Dave's talent. Is it a kick ass rocking
                  album? No. Is it a good slice of Dave's musical genius?
                  Yes. I personally love the album. A diamond is
                  multi-faceted: here's a chance to hear why he's
                  known as diamond Dave.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kidvegas
                    when the fuck was the last time this jewish piece of shit ever did ANYTHING worth talking ABOUT?!?
                    What is thy problem with Jews, My son?

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

father...this lost soul supports someone who supports mr. bush and so his favorite title would be sam hagar doing the "horst-wessel-lied (song)" instead of dave having just a little fun on the songs he grew up with...
                      Roth Army Icon
                      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Rubnose

It is a piece of shit. A collection of non rock.

If you PM me I will gladly give you my twice listened to copy if you will pay for shipping. FREE!

I was on a road trip when I bought it and was excited to hear some new DLR rock. Thought it was the follow up to the DLR Band CD that I absolutely love. Boy was I wrong.

I am a big Dave fan but this release I would rather never have heard of. If you don't want my copy it should be in the cut out bin about now at Best Buy. Should have been there since day one.

It is a big disapointment.

Comment

• rustoffa
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rubnose
                          If you PM me I will gladly give you my twice listened to copy if you will pay for shipping. FREE!
                          I literally laughed out loud at that.

Comment

• tobinentinc
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                            father...this lost soul supports someone who supports mr. bush and so his favorite title would be sam hagar doing the "horst-wessel-lied (song)" instead of dave having just a little fun on the songs he grew up with...
                            I support Mr. Bush, and I also support David Lee Roth. I don't know how you got the comparison. I also like Diamond Dave, it's not his best but it's a good listen.
                            http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

I dont own it, but have heard most the tracks. Gotta admit its not my kind of thing either...

Some people are into this type of thing, and would probably enjoy it.. Im a Rocker, and this doesnt Rock..
                              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...