X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Obamalism!

A new book is coming out, focusing on the subject of mob mentality voting as applied to slogan phrases and emotions..

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mo-TkzGFe4s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mo-TkzGFe4s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It's a book, but you then post a YouTube...

Watch TV and don't read much?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Yet lives in a library....

Ironic, innit?

Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

"mob mentality as applied to slogan phrases and emotions.."

You mean like "they hate us for our free-DUMB"??

or "exportin' DUMBocracy to the middle east"??

or "fightin' them terraists over there so we don't have to fight 'em here"??

Or any of the bullshit emotionally targeted lies you swallowed like one of Jizzy's loads for the last 8 years?
        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• swage33
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2009

There is a line in a movie....I think its Men In Black, It goes, "A person is smart but people are stupid." The masses are manipulated as easily as one would steer a childs actions because people are, by and large, stupid. Most people test the winds in their immediate area and make a conscious effort to flow that way....regardless of the issues.
          High quality hate while you wait

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

There's a guy named John Zeigler that made a documentary "How Obama Got Elected". Media malpractice stuff. Pretty interesting. But it just shows that a large portion of the American public are sheep.

Everyone loves Obama but can't really say why...
            Everyone hates Bush but can't pinpoint anything really concrete...
            etc....

And I don't mean people on this board who are somewhat educated on the issues and have real reasons to like or dislike a persons policies. Just meaning the population as a whole. Fine by me if you hate Bush, just be able to throw more argument than "Katrina, He's stupid, worst President ever" at me. For Obama be able to yell more than "Change!".
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Makes me think of this.

Bush Derangement Syndrome

"Krauthammer defined Bush Derangement Syndrome as "the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency — nay — the very existence of George W. Bush".[1][2] While Krauthammer's column was somewhat tongue-in-cheek (eg., "What is worrying epidemiologists about the Dean incident, however, is that heretofore no case had been reported in Vermont, or any other dairy state"), the term indicates a belief that some extreme criticisms of President Bush are of emotional origins rather than based on facts or logic. The term has occasionally been adopted by other writers in the political arena."

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                There's a guy named John Zeigler that made a documentary "How Obama Got Elected". Media malpractice stuff....
                Sour grapes and scapegoating "victim" bitches...

Maybe like conservatives like to say, they should take responsibility for their failures rather than projecting them on the media. Gimmick bimbos like Sarah Palin, who is a dumb as a box of rocks milf, saying stupid things is what got them sunk...

Obama ran an almost flawless campaign. Even most conservatives not sniffing their sphincters will admit that!

Comment

• swage33
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2009

Truth does not require a majority, your acceptance or support. Without any acknowledgement from anyone, truth is truth. How much effort does a lie need? We're all smart here....You know, the core of Bush Jr. hatred is the 2000 election and the situation surrounding it. Gore was a candidate member of the incumbent party....They fucking controlled the country!
                  High quality hate while you wait

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by swage33
                    Truth does not require a majority, your acceptance or support. Without any acknowledgement from anyone, truth is truth. How much effort does a lie need? We're all smart here....You know, the core of Bush Jr. hatred is the 2000 election and the situation surrounding it. Gore was a candidate member of the incumbent party....They fucking controlled the country!

The core of the Bush hatred is the fact that he was terrible by any measure and might be the worst two term (well, maybe one and a half term) pResidents ever...

The "truth" is he could have overcome that early legal clusterfuck with good leadership. But he preferred vacations and 30 hour workweeks...

He could have made his worst disaster his greatest triumph on 911. But he had a flicker of a moment, then used a national tragedy to invade a country that had nothing to do with it. Then he even fucked that up!!! Royally!

Do I need to go on? What "facts" would you like to discuss...

At the end of the day he was a silver-spooned legacy that failed at just about everything he tried...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      The core of the Bush hatred is the fact that he was terrible by any measure and might be the worst two term (well, maybe one and a half term) pResidents ever...

The "truth" is he could have overcome that early legal clusterfuck with good leadership. But he preferred vacations and 30 hour workweeks...

He could have made his worst disaster his greatest triumph on 911. But he had a flicker of a moment, then used a national tragedy to invade a country that had nothing to do with it. Then he even fucked that up!!! Royally!

At the end of the day he was a silver-spooned legacy that failed at just about everything he tried...

word.

Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        See, but you have educated yourself on many of the issues and taken a stance on what you support. My point is that a large portion of the public have no idea why they agree or disagree with a particular issue. Let alone even know what the fuck the issues are.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Everyone hates Bush but can't pinpoint anything really concrete...

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

See, but you have educated yourself on many of the issues and taken a stance on what you support. My point is that a large portion of the public have no idea why they agree or disagree with a particular issue. Let alone even know what the fuck the issues are.
                            The people without a job or a house know why they hate Bush......the people who lost their retirement and everything because of Enron know why they hate Bush.........the people who lost a son or daughter in a useless war in Iraq know why they hate Bush.........the people who were stranded and left to rot after Katrina know why they hate Bush...........don't really need to educate yourself about the policies of Bush.......you just need to feel the effects to know why you hate Bush.........
                            Originally posted by vandeleur
                            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                              ......the people who were stranded and left to rot after Katrina know why they hate Bush.....
                              Yet they don't hate their mayor, their governor, their state senators, themselves for living in a flood area, themselves for not evacuating when they were warned, their local police, their state police, their fire departments, their state national guard, their neighbors who robbed them blind, FEMA, the neighboring states that packed them like lemmings and let them rot, they hate one man. Now I'm not going to argue about Bush's response (or lack thereof) on this, I will argue that these people that hate Bush because of Katrina probably can not say why other than a very broad "he didn't help us or respond properly" or "George Bush does not like black people". While both of those may be accurate, I would like if people understood more specific reasons than just what is broadcast to the masses.

County, state and local governments have primary responsibility in dealing with local disasters. FEMA was created to "assist" local and state governments. Lot's of blame to be had with Katrina, but it's just so easy to blame one man. I could sit here and argue all night about who deserves blame...and Bush does deserve some...maybe a lot. But not all.

Originally posted by kwame k
                              .....The people without a job or a house know why they hate Bush.......
                              Same situation here. Bush did not force these people to buy houses, take out huge equity loans when prices skyrocketed, just to find that when their ARM came up after 5 years they couldn't pay. Then the Fannie & Freddy mess. Some blame? Absolutely. All? Not even close. The housing & financial crisis have a lot more players in it and is much more complex than just one man. The groundwork for today's situation could be traced back 12-16-20 years.

The President is a powerful man, but not that powerful. People who lay all of the blame for these things on one man show that they are misinformed & uneducated, and put too much credence into what they hear on TV or are simply told by others.

(I realize I narrowed the financial crisis down to very little, but my post is already way too long)

Comment

Working...