PDA

View Full Version : Obama Gaffe: America Didn't Invent Automobile

MUSICMANN
02-25-2009, 02:12 PM
.President Obama's speech to Congress last night might have emphasized urgency over historical accuracy when he stated, "And I believe the nation that invented the automobile cannot walk away from it."

Many inventors contributed to the rise of the car in modern-day life. But the U.S. Library of Congress credits German inventor Karl Benz with creating the first true automobile that ran on an internal combustion engine.

Benz came out with his patented car around 1885, or about the same time when fellow Germans Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach produced a four-wheeled automobile with a four-stroke engine. The names of these inventors live on in modern car companies such as Daimler AG and its Mercedes-Benz division.

By contrast, U.S. automotive pioneer Henry Ford did not start rolling out his mass-produced Model T cars until 1908. His claim to fame lies in popularizing automobiles as a common form of transportation, according to the Henry Ford Museum. Pedestrians and bikers may not thank him as much.

Seems like the President needs to to get his facts straight and do more web searching so he doesn't look like a uneducated idiot, right LL.

LoungeMachine
02-25-2009, 02:14 PM
I doubt this deserves it's own thread...

I will merge this in with the EXISTING Obama Speech thread unless I'm proven wrong here quickly.

:gulp:

MUSICMANN
02-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh, come on LL, i start a thread and and now you want to do a merger. Didn't you mizz me. I bin lerking and not even posting because of the azz wooping you game me the last tyme.

LoungeMachine
02-25-2009, 02:19 PM

Seems like the President needs to to get his facts straight and do more web searching so he doesn't look like a uneducated idiot, right LL.

:lol:

This coming from the President of the George W. Bush Fan Club

LoungeMachine
02-25-2009, 02:21 PM

like a uneducated idiot

LMAO

You never fail to disappoint.

MUSICMANN
02-25-2009, 02:27 PM

This coming from the President of the George W. Bush Fan Club

Wow, looks like you sette me in my place again LL. I don't come hear for what, 3 weeks now. All i bin doing is taking care of amy alligaters and digging out my swamp trenches.

I forgot that i'm the unedecated country bummkin and you are the holy jeesus of infarmation.

Jackleg, learn to take that maybe, just maybe Obama might be as stupid as Bush.

LoungeMachine
02-25-2009, 02:31 PM
:yawn:

LoungeMachine
02-25-2009, 02:38 PM
I forgot that i'm the unedecated country bummkin

We didn't.

MUSICMANN
02-25-2009, 02:44 PM
We didn't.

Gotz me again, LL. I'm just not Az clear az you are.

LoungeMachine
02-25-2009, 03:04 PM
:rolleyes:

closed.

Feel free to re-post your complaint in one of the EXISTING Obama Speech Threads.

moron.