• Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Sec. of Defense: Obama more "Analytical" than Bush

Gates: Obama is more analytical than Bush
    Defense secretary says comparing his two bosses would be good book topic

The Associated Press
    updated 3:27 p.m. ET, Sun., March. 1, 2009

WASHINGTON - Tell us, Robert Gates, what's the difference between working under Barack Obama and working under George W. Bush as defense secretary?

"That sounds like the subject of a good book," Gates said with a smile.

"It's really hard to say," he continued during an interview aired Sunday on "Meet the Press" on NBC.

"I think that probably President Obama is somewhat more analytical. And he makes sure he hears from everybody in the room on an issue. And if they don't speak up, he calls on them."

And the former president?

"President Bush was interested in hearing different points of view but didn't go out of his way to make sure everybody spoke if they hadn't spoken up before," Gates said.

Bush picked Gates to succeed Donald H. Rumsfeld as defense secretary in November 2006. The following June, Gates recommended that Bush appoint Adm. Mike Mullen as the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the nation's top military officer.

When Mullen was asked Sunday to compare the styles of the two presidents, he demurred.

"Well, I think individuals are always different," Mullen said on "State of the Union" on CNN. "But, you know, I mean, I wouldn't characterize them one way or the other."

That said, Mullen remarked that Obama listens to his military advisers.

"He's anxious to get the military's input to all his decisions," Mullen said. "The discussions have been broad and deep, and I've been very comfortable both with the access and the ability to give that advice."

Both Gates and Mullen remained in their positions in the opening weeks of the Obama administration. Gates told NBC that it would be "a challenge" to serve as defense secretary for the entirety of Obama's term.

GoogleAP

Really? No shit?! In other news, water still wet and sky is blue....
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-01-2009, 05:35 PM.
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

But I'll definitely read that book when he writes it...

Comment

• swage33
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2009

The associated press says Bush sucks? I saw a bear shitting in the woods the other day....maybe I should have reported it.
      High quality hate while you wait

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think it was sort of Gates that said it. And the AP also posted an article panning a universally praised Obama nomination acceptance speech in a review so free of detail, many think the dipshit had already writing the review before Obama even spoke...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by swage33
          The associated press says Bush sucks? I saw a bear shitting in the woods the other day....maybe I should have reported it.
          Great comprehension skills.

Robert Gates is not The AP.

Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• swage33
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            Great comprehension skills.

Robert Gates is not The AP.

Dammit! I know Gates quotes are the source for the article. But, the AP set up the premise. I guaran-goddamn-tee ya, had Gates started praising Bush, the story would have never been printed.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The AP hates President Obama. Or at least the hacks on their "radio news updates" certainly do. The shills on FAUX news show less contempt for the man in the tone of their voices, by comparison.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• swage33
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by FORD
                The AP hates President Obama. Or at least the hacks on their "radio news updates" certainly do. The shills on FAUX news show less contempt for the man in the tone of their voices, by comparison.
                Uhhhhhh....you're gonna have to send me a code book or at least a decoder ring so that we may communicate. Why have you come to my planet?

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Is there a lot of "sagebrush" on that planet?
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Obama more analytical than Bush doesn't say much...I've seen mountain goats with more analytical ability than that fuckstain ever had.
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Obama more into Anal than Bush ??

What about Clinton ??

Comment

Working...