PDA

View Full Version : T.o. Cut by cowboys!!

redblkwht
03-05-2009, 01:40 AM
IRVING, Texas (AP)—Terrell Owens’ days in Dallas are done, according to ESPN.

ESPN cited sources Wednesday night in saying that the Cowboys have decided to cut the receiver, ridding them of a big locker-room distraction but also absorbing a big hit on their salary cap.

The team did not immediately have a comment. A spokesman for Owens said he hadn’t heard the news, and that Owens was traveling and could not immediately be reached.

Just a few weeks ago, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones indicated that T.O. was staying when he said, “You and I both know that the one that you’re asking about all the time, if I gave you the answer that you want to hear, then you would’ve already had it. So the fact you don’t have it ought to tell you something. It really should.”

Jones seemed to enjoy the publicity Owens stirred up as much as the touchdowns he scored. However, there were several in-house issues involving Owens that may have ultimately prompted Jones to decide the receiver wasn’t worth the trouble he caused.:tongue0011:

sadaist
03-05-2009, 01:49 AM
Maybe he can go to the Raiders and catch passes from Michael Vick. Can you imagine the two of them on a team together?

redblkwht
03-05-2009, 02:05 AM
The more i think about this..yeah im a hater, i mean how can anyone like a clubhouse killer? he isnt the Wr he was, good riddance i hope he doesnt re-appear.

Von Halen
03-05-2009, 07:18 AM
He is a cancer. He destroys lockerrooms. Somebody once argued with me, that one guy can't ruin a team and a lockerroom. T.O. is living proof that it can and does happen.

Mr Walker
03-05-2009, 09:00 AM
He's gonna wind up somewhere...

Titans?
Jets?
Vikings?
Skins?
Giants?
My bet is the Ravens (where he was heading before he detoured to Philly)

Mr Walker
03-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Imagine if they bought him to New England... Holy Fuck!

Mr Walker
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
The Cowboys have cut 'the original' Roy Williams (Safety, not the WR from Detroit) as well.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-05-2009, 10:47 AM
"America's Team" my ass....

What a clusterfuck organization....

Win a fucking playoff game in a baker's dozen years and then come talk to me...

The REAL America's Team resides in Pittsburgh, and has for several years now...

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/heinz_celebrates_steelers___3301.jpg

Fairwrning
03-05-2009, 12:41 PM
The REAL America's Team resides in Pittsburgh, and has for several years now...

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/heinz_celebrates_steelers___3301.jpg

:umm: nope

Seriously tho..this is great fuckin news..I have said since day one signing TO is a mistake..no team with him has won the Super Bowl...none ever will. Now just get rid of Phillips and get Cowher..*championship*

Redballjets88
03-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Fuck this, everything said about T.O. is grossly over stated, the media loves to make him into the bad guy.

Im fine with him being cut, but T.O. leaving won't make tony chokemo any better. Romo is still who I put the blame on.

and fuck the steelers.

indeedido
03-05-2009, 06:16 PM
He's gonna wind up somewhere...

Titans?
Jets?
Vikings?
Skins?
Giants?
My bet is the Ravens (where he was heading before he detoured to Philly)

Oh Dear God! Please not the Jets. I admit he is a good player, well maybe not what he was because he can't beat a double team, but still I don't want him destroying my team. They do that good enough on their own.

chefcraig
03-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Fuck this, everything said about T.O. is grossly over stated, the media loves to make him into the bad guy.

Im fine with him being cut, but T.O. leaving won't make tony chokemo any better. Romo is still who I put the blame on.

It isn't just the media, as his own track record states his case quite eloquently...

San Francisco: Starts off well, trouble with QB Jeff Garcia, questions Garcia's manhood (gay), is disruptive in locker room, gone.
Philadelphia: Starts off well, trouble with QB Don McNabb, questions McNabb's manhood (barfing on field), is disruptive in locker room, gone.
Dallas: Starts off well, trouble with QB Tony Romo (QB and Tight End conspiring against him), is disruptive in locker room, gone.

Number Of Super Bowl Wins 0
Number Of Play Off Victories 0

As Mr Walker pointed out, the guy is going to end up someplace. The real question is where, as the list of teams that do not want him is far longer than the ones that do. Keep in mind, many of the assistant coaches of his former teams are now head coaches, or have moved on to other teams in a similar capacity. If Owens has made any enemies in the past, they surely have spread about the entire league by now.

Julius
03-05-2009, 08:24 PM
He should be working at the mall in one of those kiosks selling sunglasses, cell phones or some shit like that. Fuck him.

Nickdfresh
03-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Sounds like his 20 million rea$on$ to live are gone...

Little Texan
03-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Halleluyah! Dallas is finally cancer-free!

San Francisco: Starts off well, trouble with QB Jeff Garcia, questions Garcia's manhood (gay), clashes with the head coach, Steve Mariuchi, is disruptive in locker room, gone.

Forgot one.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-05-2009, 11:00 PM
:umm: nope

Just admit it, it's obvious....

Va Beach VH Fan
03-05-2009, 11:01 PM
and fuck the steelers.

You're turning green, Red.... :D

chefcraig
03-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Forgot one.

My apologies by the omission, friend. Nothin' personal. :biggrin:

redblkwht
03-06-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm kinda thinking Indy for some reason if he does emerge..veteran team
w/harrison being gone & signs for minimum.

rumors say oakland..lol

Sarge
03-06-2009, 03:07 AM
I am sad to see him go from Dallas, because he demanded a double team and it opened options elsewhere on the field.
But.. he is a huge vagina.
Breasts,
Sarge

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-06-2009, 09:46 AM
According to ESPN last night, the list of teams that could be interested has been narrowed down to two. The Raiders and Titans. That's it. When you look at his production, just in the last three years in Dallas alone, teams should be salivating over him. It just proves what a cancer he really is. Dallas should be a better team because of his release.

Little Texan
03-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Word is that Romo went to Jones and told him that Dallas would never win a playoff game with Owens on the team, and he needed to get rid of him.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Word is that Romo went to Jones and told him that Dallas would never win a playoff game with Owens on the team, and he needed to get rid of him.

Well, they've never won a game with Romo either, so they've got that in common....

Fucking frauds...

chefcraig
03-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Hell...I highly doubt any of us saw this one coming. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-298.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/)

Report: Bills sign WR Terrell Owens to one-year deal

Pa Sports Ticker

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 6:26 PM
Bello/Getty

After being released by Dallas, Terrell Owens has reportedly signed with the Bills.

ORCHARD PARK, New York - Terrell Owens needed just two days to find a landing spot.

Owens reached a one-year agreement with the Buffalo Bills on Saturday, according to a report by NFL.com. The deal reportedly is worth $6.5 million.

The Bills have called a press conference for 6:15 p.m. EST on Saturday.

Citing multiple sources, FOXSports.com reported earlier Saturday that Owens, who was released by the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday, was in town meeting with Bills officials.

Owens was let go following a tumultuous three-year tenure in Dallas. His release came after a turbulent 2008 campaign in which the flamboyant wideout was caught up in several controversies and the Cowboys - thought to be Super Bowl contenders - failed to make the playoffs.

A six-time Pro Bowl selection, Owens ranks No. 2 all-time in touchdowns by a receiver with 139, but he has been a lightning rod for controversy throughout his career.

Owens still managed to catch 69 balls for 1,052 yards - his ninth 1,000-yard season in his 13-year career - with 10 touchdowns last season. In his three years with the Cowboys, Owens had 235 receptions for 3,587 yards and 38 touchdowns.

But despite being the only wideout to pull in 10 scoring receptions in each of the last three seasons, Owens left his third NFL team under a cloud of controversy - much like his previous ugly departures in San Francisco and Philadelphia.

In a career tinged with conflicts among teammates and management, Owens has put up Hall of Fame numbers in 13 seasons with the Cowboys, Eagles and 49ers, compiling 951 catches (sixth all-time) for 14,122 yards (fifth).

Late last season, Owens reportedly had a minor falling out with Tony Romo and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, apparently complaining about the quarterback's propensity to focus on tight end Jason Witten rather than Owens himself.

While each of the three players brushed off any suggestion of an internal conflict, T.O.'s reputation as a clubhouse killer was maintained - particularly when he publicly criticized Garrett's play-calling.

Owens had signed a $34 million extension last June that included a $12.9 million signing bonus, translating into a $9 million salary-cap hit to the Cowboys for 2009.

Report: Bills sign WR Terrell Owens to one-year deal (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/03/07/2009-03-07_report_bills_sign_wr_terrell_owens_to_on.html)

Nickdfresh
03-07-2009, 07:25 PM
WHAT......THE..............FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

:(:barf:

This is what happens when you have a balless, marketing and PR reps masquerading as a "GM." Wilson is afraid to give anyone real power in that organization and he's a 90+ year old man....

Pretty dumb, especially on a team where the coach is a clueless pussy and bore who lets his players do whatever they want as we already have another headcase in the running back Lynch --who can't seem to keep himself free of fucking up and getting in trouble with his posse of hoods...

redblkwht
03-08-2009, 03:53 AM
WHAT......THE..............FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

:(:barf:

This is what happens when you have a balless, marketing and PR reps masquerading as a "GM." Wilson is afraid to give anyone real power in that organization and he's a 90+ year old man....

Pretty dumb, especially on a team where the coach is a clueless pussy and bore who lets his players do whatever they want as we already have another headcase in the running back Lynch --who can't seem to keep himself free of fucking up and getting in trouble with his posse of hoods...
Im guessing your a Diehard Bills fan, this new sucks for you, but
Lynch may end up having a better season now..but remember T.O. is
only good for 1 year. Thing Trent will ask for a trade? Owens is going to kill
this guy in the media by week 2

Nickdfresh
03-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Im guessing your a Diehard Bills fan, this new sucks for you, but
Lynch may end up having a better season now..but remember T.O. is
only good for 1 year. Thing Trent will ask for a trade? Owens is going to kill
this guy in the media by week 2

You know, I just posted an article by a Buffalo News columnist noted for being very critical and cynical of the Bills (rightfully so) in "The Sports Bar" thread (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/1329523-post116.html), and I've changed my mind a bit. This is interesting --downright fucking fascinating!!!!! It could be a total trainwreck, but on the other hand it is one of the biggest acquisitions since they got Bledsoe in 02.'

We'll see...

Romeo Delight
03-08-2009, 10:00 AM

Yeah...he is the victim.

I mean just because a guy walks down the team Charter after a road game and announces to everyone as he passes each row of seats:

"You're invited, not you, you can come, not you..."

to his Birthday shindig... What a tool

DlocRoth
03-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Exactly, Flamma.

If dude isn't a piece of shit cancer stain on his team, I don't know what is.

How does a guy have 70 catches for 1,000 yards and 10 TD's get cut?

Oh yeah, he's a fuckstick.

Nickdfresh
03-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Well, he ain't going to hurt the Bills much. Their locker room is said to be extremely pussified, devoid of leadership from their dopey coach, boring, and completely devoid of personality with maybe the exception of "Beast-mode" Lynch.

BTW, "Beast-mode" is when Lynch transforms himself into a Hummer and runs over the defense...

Romeo Delight
03-08-2009, 12:39 PM
He could work out for the Bills. He will be motivated to put up some numbers to get another decent signing bonus.

Fairwrning
03-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Too funny...he was signed quickly too..so his ego took a very small hit..this is gonna be fun to see..I say the meltdown comes around week 4-5.

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Exactly, Flamma.

If dude isn't a piece of shit cancer stain on his team, I don't know what is.

How does a guy have 70 catches for 1,000 yards and 10 TD's get cut?

Oh yeah, he's a fuckstick.

Yep! And I didn't think the Cowboys would cut him either, being that he counts 9 million against the cap this year for a player they no longer have. Obviously not a great business move, so that leaves.....fuckstick as the only reason.