Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Tork needs to call Eddie Van Halen

Former Monkee Peter Tork Fights Cancer

Peter Tork, former member of the wildly popular 60's group The Monkees, was recently diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma and will undergo extensive surgery today in New York.

The cancer is uncommon and generally grows slowly on a person's head and neck. It's most frequently found in the salivary glands but in Tork's case was discovered on the lower region of his tongue.

Doctors say preliminary findings from a biopsy show the cancer has not spread beyond the initial site and the 67-year old Tork says his prognosis is good. His surgery will be followed by radiation.

Peter remains cheerful about his condition and hopeful about the future.

"I am extraordinarily grateful, amazed and humbled by the encouragement, affection and support I've received so far," Peter says of the reaction from friends and family to the news of his illness. "Barring any complications, I fully expect to honor a performance date I have this June with (his current band) Shoe Suede Blues," Tork states. "We're appearing in Manchester, Connecticut and I'm looking forward to that and all our tour dates."

As for touring with his Monkees cohorts again?

"Well, never say never," Tork smiles.

Didn't Ed tell Stern that he developed a cure for cancer in a meth shack in Jersey?

Comment

HA!!!

He should call DAVID LEE ROTH....

didn't DAVE hook SPed up with the Doc's #???

Comment

No, the Smokin' Loon killed the Cancer...

Comment

I think we can rule out another Monkees reunion. Peter won't have a tongue, Mickey won't have any hair, Davy's driving drunk, and Mike never wants to tour with them anyway.

It would be more dysfunctional than Van Hagar's Velveetapalooza 2004 if they tried.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

What's he want to tork about??
            Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
            the chazzers are so lucky
            so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
            http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3CCk1gMTKM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3CCk1gMTKM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

How many hidden musucians did they have ??

And why did I watch that ??

Comment

Yet another victim of the metal guitar pick and it's mysterious unknown forces. It's now spreading to people that just smoked and drank heavily near a metal pick.

Something must be done about this NOW!

Will someone please think of the children...

Comment

You don't have any metal pics laying around do you ??

Comment

Good grief no.

I used to keep a few in the same closet as my meths but I threw them out a couple of years back.

Comment

Good goin'

Comment

1910 Fruitgum Co. is still out there somewhere, at least they were a real band.

Comment

Working...
                          X