Entertainment Weekly disses Van Hagar...twice!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dutch
    Groupie
    • Feb 2004

Entertainment Weekly disses Van Hagar...twice!

As mentioned in an earlier thread, Entertainment Weekly snubbed the Van Hagar reunion in its summer tour coverage by wishing DLR was at the helm instead of Sammy. One week earlier, it compared Van Halen to "Van Helsing" with no mention of Hagar at all. In fact, it was very Roth heavy with lots of classic VH references. I think this coverage totally reflects the majority opinion of the public and the media regarding the Van Hagar tour. Maybe that's reason for the lack of media interviews with the band.
  • Viking
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Props to EW!

Comment

• NathanRay
      Head Fluffer
      • Feb 2004

They can Remember What real Rock and Roll meant.
      "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
      Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
      Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2004

Re: Entertainment Weekly disses Van Hagar...twice!

Originally posted by Dutch
        As mentioned in an earlier thread, Entertainment Weekly snubbed the Van Hagar reunion in its summer tour coverage by wishing DLR was at the helm instead of Sammy. One week earlier, it compared Van Halen to "Van Helsing" with no mention of Hagar at all. In fact, it was very Roth heavy with lots of classic VH references. I think this coverage totally reflects the majority opinion of the public and the media regarding the Van Hagar tour. Maybe that's reason for the lack of media interviews with the band.

''Van Helsing'' vs. Van Halen -- The pair of ''Vans'' actually have a lot more in common than one would think by Dan Snierson

Van Helsing. Van Halen. Sure, their names are similar, but what else could the monster flick with a $51.7 million debut and the veteran rock band have in common? As it turns out, plenty.

VAN HELSING VS VAN HALEN

[VAN HELSING]The movie opens in black and white for heightened dramatic effect.

[VAN HALEN]The ''Hot for Teacher'' video opens in black and white for heightened comic effect.

[VAN HELSING]In 1462, Dracula is reborn when he strikes a deal with the devil, but it contains the caveat that he has no heart and can feel no emotion.

[VAN HALEN]In 1978, the band releases the classic single ''Runnin' With the Devil,'' which contains the lyric ''I got no love, no love you'd call real.''

[VAN HELSING]Mr. Hyde plays tough by blowing a smoke ring at Van Helsing (Hugh Jackman).

[VAN HALEN]Eddie Van Halen plays piano while blowing smoke rings in the ''Panama'' video.

[VAN HELSING]Dracula sucks blood from Dr. Frankenstein's neck.

[VAN HALEN]Van Halen III, with lead singer Gary Cherone, sucks.

[VAN HELSING]Under an ominous sky, a vampire bride lifts a cow off the ground.

[VAN HALEN]A tornado lifts a cow off the ground in ''Twister,'' which features two Van Halen songs.

[VAN HELSING]Kate Beckinsale's Anna Valerious (right) executes a backflip in skintight black pants.

[VAN HALEN]In the video for ''Jump,'' David Lee Roth executes a backflip in skintight black pants.

[VAN HELSING]A vampire bride is vanquished when Van Helsing sprays holy water on her.

[VAN HALEN]During an '83 gig, Roth barks at a fan, ''Don't be squirtin' water at me. I'm gonna f -- - your girlfriend, pal!''

[VAN HELSING]Dracula is often flanked by several hot babes and would like to add one more to his coterie.

[VAN HALEN]Roth is often flanked by several hot babes, and he claims in his memoir, ''My personal record is five chicks at once.''

(Posted:05/21/04)

Comment

• Dutch
          Groupie
          • Feb 2004

Thanks goes out to VH Links Sucks for transcribing the Van Helsing bit.

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Anybody with half a brain and some rudimentary knowledge of rock history will know this is shit at its stinkiest. Van Halen are going out in a whimper of mediocrity instead of a fiery blaze of glory.

Their choice, now they live with the appropriate response their disrepecting attitude deserves.

Fuck us ??? *NO*
            Fuck you Van Halen !!

Remember the fans when you gaze at the empty seats.
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The fact that EW hates Van Hagar is especially hilarious when you remember it's a Time Warner publication
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Catfish

Sammy Hagar was in that band, right?

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dutch
                  Thanks goes out to VH Links Sucks for transcribing the Van Helsing bit.
                  Your Welcome!

Comment

• gslinger
                    Foot Soldier
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                    Anybody with half a brain and some rudimentary knowledge of rock history will know this is shit at its stinkiest. Van Halen are going out in a whimper of mediocrity instead of a fiery blaze of glory.

Their choice, now they live with the appropriate response their disrepecting attitude deserves.

Fuck us ??? *NO*
                    Fuck you Van Halen !!

Remember the fans when you gaze at the empty seats.
                    ---------
                    PanaMark thank you for making this statement! Being newer here, I have refrained from certain comments on this matter, but these are my exact feelings. This is NOT a Dave, Sammy, Michael, CCC, WMG, etc. problem. This is an Eddie & Alex problem and they have royally f--ked everybody that has supported them for 27 years!

They only things they score high on is this:
                    <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
                    "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
                    </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
                    <center>
                    "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
                    <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Comment

• Golden AWe
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

The movie Van Helsing is like the band - fucking lame and full of stuff we've seen before.
                      Originally posted by Cato
                      Golden, why are you FAT?
                      Originally posted by lesfunk
                      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

Working...