PDA

View Full Version : SUV's

Simplywonderful
05-23-2004, 08:57 PM
All SUV"s and large trucks and cars that are not used to their potental, for example, a single person with no children or things to lug around driving a mini van, should be taxed. They suck up our gas and if you noticed prices went up once these super cars or trucks hit the market. Maybe I am crazy, but on the road I see lots of these cars and trucks not being used.:cool:

BITEYOASS
05-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Thank god I only have to walk a couple of blocks to work, got a new bicycle and only drive my car about once a week. I need to save on gas anyway since I have to drive to Atlanta every month for reserve duty.

BITEYOASS
05-23-2004, 10:26 PM
These SUV drivers think there the shit. We'll see who will be laughing at the pump!

twonabomber
05-23-2004, 10:39 PM
fuck you both.

an extra fitty cent a gallon ain't stoppin' me. now get your little runtmobiles outta my way, i'm comin' though. :D

alexpgrimes
05-23-2004, 10:56 PM
So just because someone's single and can afford an SUV they should be taxed??? Maybe if you got a real job instead of flipping burgers you could afford something more than a used Kia.

FORD
05-24-2004, 01:01 AM
SUV's certainly don't help, but there's three things you should remember:

1) The OIL INDUSTRY currently controls the US government, therefore, nobody is regulating their goddamned fraudulent price fixing.

2) Even during the Clinton administration, gas prices increased because of corporate consolidation allowed by the GOP Congress. Just like many other industires (i.e. the media) consolidation of the industry into the hands of 3 or 4 companies killed any illusion of competition within the industry, which would have kept prices competitive.

3) When you're 6' 6", a 4 cylinder hybrid really isn't a viable option. Hopefully the move to expand this technology into trucks and SUV's will be accellerated - as can alternative energy once the oil corporation stooges are thrown out of Washington DC

twonabomber
05-24-2004, 10:36 AM
they say the Prius has more legroom than a Camry...but buyers are waiting up to a year for delivery.

gslinger
05-24-2004, 11:14 AM
I like all these pathic f—ks, bitching about high gas prices, yet driving gas guzzlers so they can be part of the “looking good, going nowhere, crowd”. They should be the first ones shipped off to the Middle East to fight for that oil they love to waste! Hell, gasoline is still the cheapest in U.S. history, net of taxes and inflation.

People, we are looking at the start of World War III, with the way the U.S. has shoved their foot up the Middle East’s arse, and refuses to allow that region of the world to polarize. Every unbiased intelligence agency in the World knows it. That WTC holocaust…peanuts for what is getting ready to happen, based on foreign intelligence estimates. That is why no other major country in the World, (ex the Brits who will do whatever we say) will help us with the mess!

WACF
05-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Gas prices are high because of greed not SUVs....

Simplywonderful
05-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Don't you think greed has to do with large cars and trucks.People drive them so that other drivers can know what they spent on it.Besides this was a discussion at a benifit I went to and I agreed and thought it would be fun to post. Let me guess, you have a SUV.;)

BITEYOASS
05-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Simplywonderful
Don't you think greed has to do with large cars and trucks.People drive them so that other drivers can know what they spent on it.Besides this was a discussion at a benifit I went to and I agreed and thought it would be fun to post. Let me guess, you have a SUV.;)

People actually drive them so that other drivers can know how much credit card debt that asshole is in! LOL

Mr Grimsdale
05-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
People actually drive them so that other drivers can know how much credit card debt that asshole is in! LOL

That is funny!!! :)

alexpgrimes
05-25-2004, 01:13 PM
I drive mine because I feel safe in it. Fuck you all.

Sarge
05-25-2004, 01:19 PM
I have a Jeep Wrangler..
Which gets .. really.. really poor gas mileage.
It sucks.
It gets worse than a SUV.

I love going off road but it really hurts at the pump

Sarge

Mr Grimsdale
05-25-2004, 01:21 PM
At least you go off road. It's the muppets that just use their 8 wheel drive amphibious all terrain vehicles to drive the kids to school that need a slap.

WACF
05-26-2004, 11:30 AM
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee....

I pull a camper trailer...something I can not do with a front wheel drive with a 6 or a 4 banger...

Also....I am 6 feet tall and 210 pounds....believe me...a lot of smaller or mid size cars just do not have enough head room or leg room.

Plus...winters can be rough...the 4WD is a bonus...

I don't drive it because I believe in a status of being a SUV owner...I drive it because it is comfortable, suits what I need...I can pull my camper to the mountains...7 hours away...and not worry about the motor or the tranny burning up. I know it will get me home.

A little rice burner to get groceries just is not in the budget....therefore not an option.
I think people that talk about SUV and truck drivers believing in a higher status are feeling a little inadequte themselves...

twonabomber
05-26-2004, 04:07 PM
guys, you don't have to justify your SUV purchases to anyone. like i said, fuck 'em.

Mr Grimsdale
05-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by WACF
Also....I am 6 feet tall and 210 pounds....believe me...a lot of smaller or mid size cars just do not have enough head room or leg room.

...one too many pies perhaps

WACF
05-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Good genetics...I could lose 10lbs but that would be it.

WACF
05-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Although....I do like pie...

Mr Grimsdale
05-27-2004, 12:17 PM
haha!!!

I'm 6'3" and only 190lbs. Are you implying there's something genetically wrong with me? ;)

WACF
05-27-2004, 12:29 PM
No....

OK....FINE....maybe I could lose 15lbs....but that is it!!!!!

I have wide shoulders...I can spread it out over quite a ways before I look fat.

Mr Grimsdale
05-27-2004, 12:48 PM
ladies and gentlemen, we have found the real eric cartman

WACF
05-27-2004, 12:55 PM
LOL...I'm not fat, I just haven't grown into my body yet you skinny bitch.