X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simplywonderful
    Full On Cocktard
    • Apr 2004

SUV's

All SUV"s and large trucks and cars that are not used to their potental, for example, a single person with no children or things to lug around driving a mini van, should be taxed. They suck up our gas and if you noticed prices went up once these super cars or trucks hit the market. Maybe I am crazy, but on the road I see lots of these cars and trucks not being used.
    TRUE STORY
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Thank god I only have to walk a couple of blocks to work, got a new bicycle and only drive my car about once a week. I need to save on gas anyway since I have to drive to Atlanta every month for reserve duty.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

These SUV drivers think there the shit. We'll see who will be laughing at the pump!

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

fuck you both.

an extra fitty cent a gallon ain't stoppin' me. now get your little runtmobiles outta my way, i'm comin' though.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• alexpgrimes
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

So just because someone's single and can afford an SUV they should be taxed??? Maybe if you got a real job instead of flipping burgers you could afford something more than a used Kia.
          If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

SUV's certainly don't help, but there's three things you should remember:

1) The OIL INDUSTRY currently controls the US government, therefore, nobody is regulating their goddamned fraudulent price fixing.

2) Even during the Clinton administration, gas prices increased because of corporate consolidation allowed by the GOP Congress. Just like many other industires (i.e. the media) consolidation of the industry into the hands of 3 or 4 companies killed any illusion of competition within the industry, which would have kept prices competitive.

3) When you're 6' 6", a 4 cylinder hybrid really isn't a viable option. Hopefully the move to expand this technology into trucks and SUV's will be accellerated - as can alternative energy once the oil corporation stooges are thrown out of Washington DC
            Last edited by FORD; 05-24-2004, 01:06 AM.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

they say the Prius has more legroom than a Camry...but buyers are waiting up to a year for delivery.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• gslinger
                Foot Soldier
                • May 2004

I like all these pathic f—ks, bitching about high gas prices, yet driving gas guzzlers so they can be part of the “looking good, going nowhere, crowd”. They should be the first ones shipped off to the Middle East to fight for that oil they love to waste! Hell, gasoline is still the cheapest in U.S. history, net of taxes and inflation.

People, we are looking at the start of World War III, with the way the U.S. has shoved their foot up the Middle East’s arse, and refuses to allow that region of the world to polarize. Every unbiased intelligence agency in the World knows it. That WTC holocaust…peanuts for what is getting ready to happen, based on foreign intelligence estimates. That is why no other major country in the World, (ex the Brits who will do whatever we say) will help us with the mess!
                <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
                "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
                </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
                <center>
                "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
                <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Comment

• WACF
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Gas prices are high because of greed not SUVs....

Comment

• Simplywonderful
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Apr 2004

Really????????

Don't you think greed has to do with large cars and trucks.People drive them so that other drivers can know what they spent on it.Besides this was a discussion at a benifit I went to and I agreed and thought it would be fun to post. Let me guess, you have a SUV.
                    TRUE STORY

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Simplywonderful
                      Don't you think greed has to do with large cars and trucks.People drive them so that other drivers can know what they spent on it.Besides this was a discussion at a benifit I went to and I agreed and thought it would be fun to post. Let me guess, you have a SUV.
                      People actually drive them so that other drivers can know how much credit card debt that asshole is in! LOL

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                        People actually drive them so that other drivers can know how much credit card debt that asshole is in! LOL
                        That is funny!!!
                        Originally posted by flappo
                        i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
                        translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• alexpgrimes
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2004

I drive mine because I feel safe in it. Fuck you all.
                          If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• Sarge
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

I have a Jeep Wrangler..
                            Which gets .. really.. really poor gas mileage.
                            It sucks.
                            It gets worse than a SUV.

I love going off road but it really hurts at the pump

Sarge
                            ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                            The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                            [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

At least you go off road. It's the muppets that just use their 8 wheel drive amphibious all terrain vehicles to drive the kids to school that need a slap.
                              Originally posted by flappo
                              i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
                              translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

Working...