PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry can't afford all nine of his children.

Sarge
03-13-2009, 07:31 PM
With Nine Mouths to Feed, Travis Henry Says He’s Broke

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/12/sports/football/12henry.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2

“I love all my kids,” he said in the interview, but asserted he could not afford the designated amounts, estimated at $170,000 a year by Randy Kessler, his Atlanta lawyer. Kessler said Henry was virtually broke.

“I’ve lost everything in this mess I’ve gotten myself into,” Henry said.

His eldest child was conceived while Henry was in high school, before he was named Mr. Florida Football and a Parade All-American. The child was unplanned as were all but one of his offspring, he said.

“I’m like, ‘Whoa, I’m going to be a dad,’ ” Henry recalled.

“I did use protection at first,” he said. “Then they’d be saying they’d be on the pill. I was an idiot to trust them. Second or third time with them, I didn’t use it. Then, boom!”

In four instances, he attested, “I was trapped.” If not for his football cachet and accompanying wealth, “I guarantee you that wouldn’t have happened.”

“My counselor asks me, ‘How can you do the same thing over and over?’ ” he said, unable to provide an answer.

“Knock on wood, or something, I’m blessed not to have AIDS. That never crossed my mind.”

Seshmeister
03-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Boom? :)

Nickdfresh
03-13-2009, 10:54 PM
He's a creep and a mental case. He first got in trouble in Buffalo for picking up a runaway girl at a gas station and then claimed he had no idea she was only 15, even though she didn't have a car...

Apparently his incredibly bad judgment also includes his inability to wear a fucking rubber...

hideyoursheep
03-14-2009, 03:56 AM
Apparently his incredibly bad judgment also includes his inability to wear a fucking rubber...

He fumbles on and off the field!:hee: