PDA

View Full Version : EVH at Peavey NAMM - New cam angle

GAR
03-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Youtube is funny this way.. things pop up when you least expect it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKwLdVM0o94&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKwLdVM0o94&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here's a shot of the year EVH got fired from Peavey, the famous year people are lined up for hours for him to do hourly amp demos watching him from below with the attitude "I'm gonna sit up here on top of the booth and drink and drink and argue with Hartley about when I'm gonna go down and work."

I didn't notice from the clips that were loaded before, he bonks a dude in the front row, and then amp engineer James Brown on his right with the headstock after he can't remember how to do the feedback squeel after the Mean Street guitar intro...

Enjoy! Or don't.. or try to. The people sitting here in the booth waited all day so he could have crapped his pants, they would have applauded.

This guy shits all over everybody.. it's all about EVH don't forget it!

GAR
03-16-2009, 04:52 PM
I waited 20 mins, was halfway midline and I could have been in on this. I said "fukkit" and bailed, I had shit to do.

I had like, an hour to fool with this guy and see if he still had "it", and that was 19 minutes too long standing there.

People were in line saying foul things about Ed.

At 1:30 I go "How long were you standing.. and you, how long?" Some guy was there since 11am, another since 12:30, another FAG had a camera kept pointing it upward to get a shot of Ed when, once in awhile he'd lean over and look at the line trailing down the hall. He'd snap a digital photo, then look in the display and squeel with delight.

I dont' undertstand the draw Van Headache gets, he hardly ever plays out, and he makes alot of mistakes his 80's hit contemporaries do not.

But he can treat the fans like that, because he's EVH. Who else in America do you got for a guitar guy? The rest are dead, or come from England.

I came back by the Peavey booth, he had just finished I guess it was a little after 3pm.

Fuck you if you think I'm gonna hang 5 fucking hours for this bullshit! I knew it would wind up later on the netwebthingy where I could see it from several angles better than I could packed in the demo room like sardines.. I feel sorry for the people who basically wasted the whole day waiting and waiting and fucking waiting for Eddie Van Headache to show up and do his thing.

It's for no shabby reason his contract was not renewed with Hartley Peavey. He's shrewd but reasonable, mess with a guy like him and you're outta there.. he's got more important things to worry about than chasing eccentric rockstars down to do their thing as promised.

I'm upset for two reasons: one, when Ed endorses a product and says he's gonna be there, fuckin' be there dude! 300,000 attendees for the week, and half of them wish to see this guy from other countries and may never have the chance again - and he blows it?

How many demos would he have to give, for a room rated 65 capacity, so that those most interested are rewarded with a chance to see the famous EVH?

Okay the second reason it pissed me off, the conga line of EVH worshippers. It trails all the way down down down, and alot of these people are really old and fat. They block the other exhibits with their big, fat bodies when you're just trying to browse.

Without an active demo room, these people just stake their claim in line like sheep, then argue when someone up front in line lets a buddy in, making the line grow longer. These fatboys will scream bloody murder Hey What Are You Doing? and if they were 15th inline an hour ago, the find that they're now 20th in line presently.

So there's a lot of stress down below Ed's feet. But he's okay with that, sipping the nectar and smiling at the irate Hartley Peavey like a dumbass.. business as usual for Ed. He did the same thing in 84 and 85 for the Kramer booth.

Sarge
03-16-2009, 04:55 PM
James Brown is the guy from Kustom right?
Was he working for Peavey at the time?

GAR
03-16-2009, 05:06 PM
He designed the new Kustom Double Cross 100w amp that blows the 5150 and 5150II he also designed away, the guy with the beard that's him.

ELVIS
03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
He was no better on the last tour than that clip...

BTW Sarge, were you able to catch a show...

I flew to Seattle for a good show and I treated my brother to a show in New Orleans that sucked except for Dave...

Ed was wasted for sure!

:elvis:

Va Beach VH Fan
03-16-2009, 06:55 PM
He was no better on the last tour than that clip...

BTW Sarge, were you able to catch a show...

I flew to Seattle for a good show and I treated my brother to a show in New Orleans that sucked except for Dave...

Ed was wasted for sure!

:elvis:

Then you got the short end of the stick my friend....

I saw them 3 times;

In Greensboro, Ed was on...

In Jersey (monitor throwing show), Ed was off, due to the setup...

In Charlottesville, he was most definitely on....

Nitro Express
03-17-2009, 12:01 PM
James Brown is the guy from Kustom right?
Was he working for Peavey at the time?

James Brown made amps? I thought he just screamed "I feel Good!" and danced.

Nitro Express
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
5150 amps are a brick shit house reliability wise. I know of one that fell into a lake being unloaded off a floating dock. The band was playing on a dock and when they were unloading equipment the 5150 fell off the dolly and landed in 8 feet of water. It was recovered and rinsed out with clean water and allowed to dry out. Then it was sprayed out with electronics cleaner and retubed and works fine.

I have a 5150 II and it's never given me problems. The key to these amps is a good speaker cab, good tubes, a warm bias setting, and the EQ set right. These amps are real EQ touchy and they can go from sounding from marvelous to shit with the wrong tweaks real easy. I think this is one main reason people seem to have problems with them. They are picky amps. You HAVE to have the right speakers, tubes, and bias or they are buzzy pieces of shit.