PDA

View Full Version : New for 2009 vox night train amp

Sarge
03-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Vox Night Train | Sweetwater.com (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NightTrain)
http://www.voxamps.com/images/modernclassic/nighttrain/lg_NT15H_front.jpg
The Amp Head That Matches Your Lifestyle!
Vox's Night Train is no ordinary 15-watt all-tube guitar amplifier head. Vox teamed up with legendary amp designer Tony Bruno to design the perfect amp for the musician on the go. The Night Train weighs less than 17 lbs. and features an "armored box" design and an included padded carrying case, so you can take it anywhere. It sports a pair of EL84 power amplifier tubes and two 12AX7 preamplifier tubes - the same combination as Vox's AC15. Plus, you have the choice of a 15-watt mode or a more recording-friendly 7-watt mode with the Vox Night Train.

Vox Night Train 15-watt Tube Guitar Amplifier Head at a Glance:

Innovatively designed for the musician on the go
All tube tone - with the same tube configuration as the AC15
Two switchable power modes - 15 watt or 7.5 watt
Familiar Vox EQ controls with Bright/Thick switch
Both 8-ohm and 16-ohm speaker jacks for cabinet convenience

Innovatively designed for the musician on the go
Vox and renowned amplifier designer Tony Bruno joined forces to breathe new life into the guitar amplifier head. Recognizing that musicians are often on the go - jamming here, jamming there, and gigging everywhere - they designed the Night Train to pair up perfectly with that lifestyle. The Night Train weighs less than 17 lbs. and it features a rugged "armored box" design. The industrial vibe not only looks cool, but its diamond-mirrored finish with cut-out holes shows off that warm tube glow when you're playing your Night Train. Vox also included a padded carrying pad, so you can securely tote your Night Train wherever you go - with style.

All tube tone - with the same tube configuration as the AC15
While the Vox Night Train brings a new look to the Vox line, you can expect nothing but true Vox tone. Thanks to its EL84 power amplifier tube pair and 12AX7 preamplifier tube pair, the Vox Night Train features the same winning tube complement as Vox's classic AC15. Bring the Night Train everywhere from chime-like clean tones to warm overdrives - you'll love its signature, harmonically rich tube tone.

Two switchable power modes - 15 watt or 7.5 watt
On top of its portability and signature Vox tones, the Night Train also boasts flexibility. Right on the front panel, you can choose between Pentode Power or Triode Tone. Pentode Power pumps the Night Train at its full 15 watts of tube tone. But, in Triode Tone, you'll pull the amp back to 7.5 watts - perfect for recording or for practicing at more manageable volume levels. What's more, when the Night Train is in Triode Tone, the tube power stage relaxes a bit, giving way for more of a silky-smooth, mellow tube character.

Familiar Vox EQ controls with Bright/Thick switch
The Night Train's panel gives you Vox's usual complement of controls, including Volume, Gain, Treble, Middle, and Bass controls. Plus, the preamplifier section also features a Bright/Thick mode switch. In the Bright mode, you'll accentuate the Night Train's higher frequencies for a more ringing tone. But, in the Thick setting, you'll bypass the tone circuit to boost the gain and call up a chunkier, heavier sound.

Both 8-ohm and 16-ohm speaker jacks for cabinet convenience
Since there are both 8-ohm and 16-ohm speaker outputs onboard, you'll be ready to play nearly anywhere there's a cabinet - just show up with your Night Train, and you're off.

Vox Night Train 15-watt Tube Guitar Amplifier Head Features:

15-watt all-tube guitar amplifier head
Portable "armored box" design with included padded carrying bag
Switchable between 15-watt Pentode Power Mode and 7.5-watt Triode Tone Mode
Features 8-ohm and 16-ohm speaker outputs
2 EL84 power tubes and 2 12AX7 preamp tubes - same combination as the AC15
Bright/Thick Switch and Treble, Middle, and Bass Controls
Gain and Volume Controls
12.13" (W) x 6.30" (D) x 6.97" (H)
Weight: 16.98 lbs
Includes: Power cable, Speaker cable, and Carrying bag

The Vox Night Train is a no-compromise tube amplifier head - that's designed for the musician on the go! <!-- Demo Text --><!-- Used Text --><!-- BStock Text -->

Sarge
03-17-2009, 10:39 PM
This is a very cool offering by VOX.
That is a lot of amp for the money! Yes, I am aware they are made in China.
You can usually get 15-20 percent off by dealing with a salesperson.
Someone here needs to try this out for me!

Breasts,
Sarge

ELVIS
03-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Try it out yourself, bitch...

All I Would do is run my normal sound into it, but it does seem cool, especially the 7 watt mode...

I have an Epiphone Pro Jr. and a Z Vex Nano head that neither add up to all the hype...

Wanna buy either of them ??

:elvis:

jhale667
03-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Interesting find...would be interested to hear one.

:guitar:

Sarge
03-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Try it out yourself, bitch...

All I Would do is run my normal sound into it, but it does seem cool, especially the 7 watt mode...

I have an Epiphone Pro Jr. and a Z Vex Nano head that neither add up to all the hype...

Wanna buy either of them ??

The stores over here are not setup the way they are in the states. You know..
Go into a store and play 20 guitars thru every amplifier!
Plus.. gear is very... very.. very.. expensive over here.
Especially when your dollar isn't worth SHIT!
I probably won't be able to play it until I go to the states in August for vacation.

GAR
03-18-2009, 02:11 AM
These low watt configs are becoming more and more popular. I liked the AC 15!

That was one of the most scary tones I think I've ever heard from an amp. It was perfect for just about everything I wanted in an amp at the time and it was small.

ELVIS
03-18-2009, 02:48 AM
I probably won't be able to play it until I go to the states in August for vacation.

Ebay...

kentuckyklira
03-18-2009, 04:09 AM

Order from Thomann and send it back if you don´t like it. Or have a colleague bring you one from the UK, they´re around 400 Euros over there!

indeedido
03-18-2009, 10:11 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MlrnyQo7S6c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MlrnyQo7S6c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ELVIS
03-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Sounds like shit in that video...

Buzzy Chinese crap...

ELVIS
03-18-2009, 10:46 AM
And why couldn't he just plug straight into it ??

BrownSound1
03-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I'll bet that there will be a mod kit out for that thing in no time.

GAR
03-18-2009, 02:25 PM
And why couldn't he just plug straight into it ??

You have some good questions: I'd also like to know what speakers he's using because they sound really bright.

I'd be surprised if they were 75w Celestions, but when the guy kicks off the pedals the bright-end sizzle really goes away.

I first clicked on this and went wow! he's got something here.. but then with the pedal n stuff, yeah youre right I agree with you.

This wouldnt' be cuntsidered a fair demo of what the amp can do IMO - but the first 1min was pretty convincing if you didnt know he was pushing the amp with a few pedals!

GAR
03-18-2009, 02:30 PM
I'll bet that there will be a mod kit out for that thing in no time.

If they're done enmasse, and for around $200 bucks heck yeah. I see alot of kids suffering to spend more than $200 on a first-buy amp so I think that's like the threshold price.

The valve jr. really blew up the amp mod thing outta control, and it sold for $99 onsale. This thing's twice the wattage, heckuva lot nicer cabinetry, which they coulda made a third smaller even I think. So there's room enough underneath to mod with more boards, and room on top for larger output trannys with higher sensitivity.

Kids are the ones who'll drill up this chassis for mods and tinker a bit with it.. they're the ones it has to sell to.

Panamark
03-18-2009, 07:36 PM

Welcome to my world !

Panamark
03-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Actually, our guitar shops are friendly, but the dollar conversion is
the killer...

Nitro Express
03-19-2009, 11:15 PM
I like little EL-84 amps. I had a little Peavey Classic 20. I have a home brew EL-84 thing. I have a Epiphone Tube Midget with the Mercury mod. The Epi sounds great with guitar or bass. I actually gigged with it a few times.

ELVIS
03-20-2009, 03:28 AM
I have a Pro Jr. sitting on a Zakk Wylde mini cab...

Perfect size and sound, but I just use it as my delay channel...

Sarge
03-20-2009, 05:27 AM
I had an EPI Valve JR and thought it was SHIT!
Sold it.

My Suhr badger 18 with the power scaling can get great overdriven tones that will not kill your ears.

Sarge
03-20-2009, 05:38 AM
I also had a Tiny Terror and thought it was a huge piece of shit and sent it back.
The overdrive was very "Grainy" ....
If that is a good term.
They do look cool though..

Sarge
03-20-2009, 08:03 AM
This is a better vid of the amp.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OqasQ65sdZs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OqasQ65sdZs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

indeedido
03-20-2009, 11:13 AM
As a whole, Premier Guitar does the best demos. Nice details, not a sales pitch like Guitar World

Nitro Express
03-21-2009, 05:22 PM
I had an EPI Valve JR and thought it was SHIT!
Sold it.

My Suhr badger 18 with the power scaling can get great overdriven tones that will not kill your ears.

I have the Mercury Magnetics modded version of the Valve JR. I couldn't stand it in it's factory original form. They sound harsh. With the mod I love the thing.