PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Van Halen had a big box of wine in his wardrobe.

Nitro Express
03-19-2009, 03:04 PM
I was checking out the photos of the last VH tour at davidleeroth.com and in one photo there is Eddie Van Halen talking to Dave at his dressing room door and in his wardrobe is a big box of wine. I think he drained the box before a few of those shows.

sadaist
03-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Must have been prior to the tour "break". Weird how when these guys are young, the drunker they are, the more they shred on stage...yet when they reach a certain age, just a few drinks ruins them. I remember a couple years ago a video of Michael Schenker hammered on stage attempting guitar. Horrible. He had to be dragged off stage.

Top Jimmy
03-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Check out the tour rider from '08,
I believe it's in there, a case of Red for ol' Ed

house0paincakes
03-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Must have been prior to the tour "break". Weird how when these guys are young, the drunker they are, the more they shred on stage...yet when they reach a certain age, just a few drinks ruins them. I remember a couple years ago a video of Michael Schenker hammered on stage attempting guitar. Horrible. He had to be dragged off stage.

All the abuse he's done to himself; the booze/drugs just don't work for him anymore. It's obvious.

ELVIS
03-19-2009, 04:12 PM
They didn't work then...watch the Us Festival boots..

Nitro Express
03-19-2009, 04:15 PM

I think if I drank as much as I did when I was 18 years old it would put me six feet under. This last year I have had serious heart problems. I brother died a few years ago from the same complications. So right now I don't drink at all. It's the first time in my life I ever felt hammered and old.

I can't imagine having Eddies health problems and abusing himself the ways he does with the wear and tear of a tour on top of that. I had a good conversation with Alex Lifeson and he said touring wears you down and he doesn't know how Rush used to do so many shows when they were younger.

binnie
03-19-2009, 04:36 PM
And a big 'ol bag of crazy under the bed...........

SNIPER
03-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Its funny how drinking does catch up with you. I used to drink all the time and play shows. Know matter how much I drank people had know idea how drunk I was, I had control. Now at 37 Im starting to feel like Ed when I drink. I look, play, and feel sloppy at times. So I dont drink that much anymore because of that. I thank Ed for that one. My friends and bandmates have even called me Ed. That was my wake up call. But I think a couple drinks is okay as long as Ed can keep in control so let him have his wine. Fuck it.

ELVIS
03-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I was checking out the photos of the last VH tour at davidleeroth.com and in one photo there is Eddie Van Halen talking to Dave at his dressing room door and in his wardrobe is a big box of wine.

Why didn't you post the pic - yer ass ?

And a warbrobe ??

For what, two pair of capri pants - one green, one white...

One pait of Camo pants, ome pair of Jordache pants and one pair of white long pants...

A couple pair of stripped Glenn Beck© Converse, and a tank top and a wrinkled short seeved button down...

That's a wardrobe ??

And that leads me to conclude that Edward can drink or do whatever he want's while Wolf is eating double portion lunches in school...

But man I hope none of this is true and he's grinding away at the bits on guitar in his studio...

:elvis:

GreenBayLA
03-19-2009, 06:27 PM
I was checking out the photos of the last VH tour at davidleeroth.com and in one photo there is Eddie Van Halen talking to Dave at his dressing room door and in his wardrobe is a big box of wine. I think he drained the box before a few of those shows.

I'm looking at the photos on DLR.com and I see 3 pics with Dave n Eddie but no wine box. I see a big box that's labeled ParaSpa*m. Is that what u r looking at?
http://davidleeroth.com/img/A09.jpg

sadaist
03-19-2009, 06:38 PM
It's weird to see Dave & Eddie together backstage without strippers, midgets, booze, goats & confetti strewn everywhere. I miss the debauchery.

sadaist
03-19-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm looking at the photos on DLR.com and I see 3 pics with Dave n Eddie but no wine box. I see a big box that's labeled ParaSpa*m. Is that what u r looking at?

That's a paraffin hand bath...not wine.

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/03/12/62/00/0003126200725_215X215.jpg

The HoMedics ParaSpa Elite paraffin bath helps relax muscles, relieve stiffness and muscle spasms, and stimulate circulation. It's useful for the symptomatic relief of pain caused by arthritis, bursitis and chronic joint inflammation. Included: 6 pounds of hypoallergenic wax and 6 liners.

* Hydrates and soothes dry skin for a more beautiful appearance
* Stimulates circulation and relieves pain of sore joints
* Auto-on programmable timer
* Adjustable temperature control
* Includes 6 pounds of hypoallergenic wax (no scents or dyes added to irritate sensitive skin)
* Includes 60 liners
* Large capacity comfortably fits hands, elbows and feet
* Cool-touch tub
* Model No. PAR-270

Walmart.com: HoMedics ParaSpa Elite Paraffin Hand Bath: null (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2129275)

house0paincakes
03-19-2009, 07:26 PM
That's a paraffin hand bath...not wine.

:biggrin: I was going to say when I saw the pic. . . Definitely not a box of wine. However we REALLY don't know WHAT is IN it. Maybe it's a blow-up doll and a lb of cocaine.

Nitro Express
03-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Why didn't you post the pic - yer ass ?

And a warbrobe ??

For what, two pair of capri pants - one green, one white...

One pait of Camo pants, ome pair of Jordache pants and one pair of white long pants...

A couple pair of stripped Glenn Beck© Converse, and a tank top and a wrinkled short seeved button down...

That's a wardrobe ??

And that leads me to conclude that Edward can drink or do whatever he want's while Wolf is eating double portion lunches in school...

But man I hope none of this is true and he's grinding away at the bits on guitar in his studio...

Wardrobe as in the thing you hang the clothes in. They used to be called wardrobe trunks in the old days. Eddies is like a flight case so it can be rolled in and out the dressing room from the truck.

The way the picture is displayed on the website, I don't think it can be copied.

Nitro Express
03-19-2009, 10:23 PM
http://davidleeroth.com/img/A09.jpg

That's the photo. I guess it wasn't a box of wine. :sheepshagger:

Panamark
03-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Grate to see Dave talkin and Eddie listening ;)

It doesn't look as though Edward likes what he's hearing...

ELVIS

Nitro Express
03-19-2009, 11:41 PM
It's not a door either. It's the reflection in a mirror. Holy fuck. I Mister Magooed this one bad. LOL!

ELVIS
03-20-2009, 03:20 AM
Whoops...

I edited you instead of quoting you...

Sorry, bro...

:umm:

ELVIS
03-20-2009, 03:23 AM
Why do our avatars have glock holes in them ??

hideyoursheep
03-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Why do our avatars have glock holes in them ??:biggrin:

Panamark
03-20-2009, 07:00 AM
E !! Dudes can shoot us now, click the green icon
under the users avatar :D (You can shoot back)

degüello
03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Shows how BS can start and spread... :D

sadaist
03-20-2009, 11:46 AM
It doesn't look as though Edward likes what he's hearing...

Now he knows how we felt for over a decade.

wiseguy
03-20-2009, 05:29 PM
thats just good fun, everybody now!!!

indeedido
03-20-2009, 09:54 PM
It's not a door either. It's the reflection in a mirror. Holy fuck. I Mister Magooed this one bad. LOL!

Man, that made me laugh out loud!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2uz3I77MB-c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2uz3I77MB-c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>