All them good times, baby, baby, Ive been yearnin,
Way, way down inside honey, you need it,
Im gonna give you my love,
Im gonna give you my love.

Wanna whole lotta love?
Wanna whole lotta love?
Wanna whole lotta love?
Wanna whole lotta love?

(various mumblings and screechings with cool effects)

Youve been coolin, baby, Ive been droolin,
All the good times Ive been misusin,
Way, way down inside, Im gonna give you my love,
Im gonna give you every inch of my love,
Gonna give you my love.
Yeah! all right! lets go!

Wanna whole lotta love?
Wanna whole lotta love?
Wanna whole lotta love?
Wanna whole lotta love?

Way down inside, woman,
You need love.

Shake for me, girl
I wanna be your backdoor man.
Hey, oh, hey, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Keep a-coolin, baby,
Keep a-coolin, baby.

I have been listening to that song for years and never really thought about how horrible the lyrics are. Granted, they aren't as bad some of the Stuff that Hagar has written. [had to fit in a Hagar Bash]

I was listening to this song 2 years or so in the car with my teenage son, and he started laughing saying that the singer rhymed "Schoolin and Coolin and Foolin"!
It tipped me off to it and it ruined the song for me!

Robert Plant must have wrote this while drunk, stoned, and fishing one of the groupies.

Thoughts?
Hagar Slams?

:hitch:
Breasts,
Sarge

ThrillsNSpills
03-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Didn't he just steal the words and just take credit?

Remember what you thought he meant by backdoor man as a kid, then years later you think AHA!

guess it isn't what he says but how he sounds singing it.

chefcraig
03-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I really don't think the words themselves matter much in a slammin' tune like that, so much as their texture and sound does. If you were to include wording of complex imagery or content (like say...Dylan's Highway Sixty One) it would just get garbled in the conveyance.

Having said that, the words Plant blathered out were pretty lame. After reading the Tolkien trilogy, you get a good idea where most of the lyrics on Led Zeppelin II actually came from. :biggrin:

By the way, give a close listen to this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkQpZpFLpv4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkQpZpFLpv4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ThrillsNSpills
03-20-2009, 11:17 AM
thats' the one !

Wonder if the faces were pissed when Zep had a hit with that

chefcraig
03-20-2009, 12:38 PM
thats' the one !

Wonder if the faces were pissed when Zep had a hit with that

Not nearly as much as Willie Dixon, who wrote You Need Love. He sued the band and recieved an out of court settlement, not to mention writing credit on all Zep releases since that featured Whole Lotta Love.

For more on Led Zeppelin's so-called originals, check out this site.
Who Wrote That Zep Song? Volume 1 -- Dead Man (http://www.artofthemix.org/FindAMix/getcontents.asp?strMixID=89189)

Reverberator
03-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Sounds like Planty was singing about Pageys Larve life eh?

Panamark
03-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Whole lotta Love and Black Dog have been played so
much on local radio here over the years that radio
ruined both those songs for me.

But if I think back to when I did love listening to
Whole Lotta Love, I think I was more mesmorized by
the Riff, and Plants melody fitted in so well.
Which is weird as I analyzed some of their
other songs great lyrics..

But yeah, when you read the lyrics they do
come from Sammy School..

I'll tell ya something indisputeable.
If not for the word "Baby" Robert Plant
would be missing half his lyrics !!
(In all their songs !)

Reverberator
03-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I could never understand the baby thang either....especially Ozzys ' ooh yeah baby' on Bark at the moon.:0

Brummie cunt

Panamark
03-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Q: Which Led Zep song does Robert Plant sing Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby ooh Baby

A: All of them ! :D

katie
03-20-2009, 09:15 PM
And here is a lot more stuff that Robert & Jimmy stole......

Yardbirds/Led Zeppelin's Dubious Recording History (http://www.furious.com/perfect/yardbirds2.html)

chefcraig
03-20-2009, 09:24 PM
And here is a lot more stuff that Robert & Jimmy stole......

Yardbirds/Led Zeppelin's Dubious Recording History (http://www.furious.com/perfect/yardbirds2.html)

Good find! That's the Thieving Magpies link I was looking for this afternoon, yet I could not remember the title so I posted the other one instead. It really is a fascinating subject. I do not know if you guys get the show The Simpsons in the U.K., yet in one of the episodes there is a quote made by the family patriarch Homer while visiting London that is truly remarkable...

"Look, it's Big Ben and Piccadilly Circus, and there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American black music to ever walk the Earth."

Panamark
03-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Yet we all cant help diggin Led Zep ...
Still one of my favorite bands.

Panamark
03-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Tell me which blackman played "Over the hills and Far away"
Kashmir and Stairway. And I'll agree to the conspiracy.
Was there any Rock band from that era that didnt borrow
heavily from the Blues and Black roots of America ?
LZ produced enough timelesss originals for this person to earn respect..

katie
03-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Good find! That's the Thieving Magpies link I was looking for this afternoon, yet I could not remember the title so I posted the other one instead. It really is a fascinating subject

"Look, it's Big Ben and Piccadilly Circus, and there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American black music to ever walk the Earth."

Yes i've seen that episode, Very funny.

I have read that Matt Groening is a big classic rock & Who fan, so that kinda fits.

I 1990 I heard a rumour that alot of the money from the Remaster box set was going to be used to pay off the Willie Dixon estate etc...Then more recently (I must back this crap up with a link) I read that Page was saying it was al Roberts fault as he would come to rehersals with these words that 'we' did not know was stolen etc etc bull bull...I will try to find a link.

chefcraig
03-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Tell me which blackman played "Over the hills and Far away"
Kashmir and Stairway. And I'll agree to the conspiracy.
Was there any Rock band from that era that didnt borrow
heavily from the Blues and Black roots of America ?
LZ produced enough timelesss originals for this person to earn respect..

Did the band meld all of their influences to produce some startlingly original music? No doubt. The problem lies primarily with those first few albums. Yes, the practice of the era may have been to adapt blues tunes to one's own riffs, yet the sticking point was the manner in which the band published the music claiming authorship of material they certainly did not create. In all actuality, the act was no different than unauthorized sampling that takes place today in rap music. Writers and musicians deserve just compensation for their work, be it borrowed or (in rap's case) stolen outright without permission. The fact that an artist participates in such an act is in no way a reflection of their creativity. What lies at stake here is the honesty one applies to one's craft while doing so.

Terry
03-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Agreed with others on this thread that it's not really the lyrics themselves (which are simplistic and a bit inane on paper), but Plant's charged and intense delivery that helps make the song what it is.

Truth be told, I don't have much use for the first two Zep albums, and have heard the fourth one played to fucking death on the radio...to the point where I don't even NEED to hear it anymore.

Terry
03-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Did the band meld all of their influences to produce some startlingly original music? No doubt. The problem lies primarily with those first few albums. Yes, the practice of the era may have been to adapt blues tunes to one's own riffs, yet the sticking point was the manner in which the band published the music claiming authorship of material they certainly did not create. In all actuality, the act was no different than unauthorized sampling that takes place today in rap music. Writers and musicians deserve just compensation for their work, be it borrowed or (in rap's case) stolen outright without permission. The fact that an artist participates in such an act is in no way a reflection of their creativity. What lies at stake here is the honesty one applies to one's craft while doing so.

Yeah, well, Zep did end up (years later) paying Dixon's estate for knicking the structure of Whole Lotta Love, so in a way that was owning up to the mistake.

chefcraig
03-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Yeah, well, Zep did end up (years later) paying Dixon's estate for knicking the structure of Whole Lotta Love, so in a way that was owning up to the mistake.

Yet one needs to define "owning up". Yes, the band paid up, however it wasn't as if the Zep members suddenly decided to be altruistic. Remember, Dixon not only had to sue the label he was signed with, he then had to sue the Zep band themselves in order to gain rightful credit and compensation.

kwame k
03-20-2009, 10:39 PM
At least Clapton acknowledged the fact he was reworking blues classics. Zep, one of my all time favorite bands and hey, they ripped off some guys but I agree with Mark. They made so much killer music that was original.

hideyoursheep
03-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Like Chuck Berry said; "There's nothing "new" under the sun."

Panamark
03-20-2009, 10:58 PM
I'll add another 2 cents. The Blues stuff they obviously
borrowed held no interest at all for me. Its always been
the epic originals. We could compile a sizeable list of Zep
songs that never rang out across the Mississippi Delta...

Panamark
03-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Unless there was some fans of Zep living in the Delta of course !

chefcraig
03-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Unless there was some fans of Zep living in the Delta of course !

Nah, yet I lived two doors down from an unhinged single nutcase named Delta in an apartment complex for a couple of years. Talk about the unbalanced neighbor from Hell. I have nightmares about that clueless, desperately needy nitwit to this very day. This imbecile would complain to management about me smoking on the patio, then knock on my door to bum cigarettes. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-ashamed-smileys-721.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/)

Panamark
03-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Here's the Australian Delta !

Photos of Delta Goodrem (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1344968448/nm1206855)

Redballjets88
03-21-2009, 01:48 AM
I heard this guy on Howard Stern once that went through this whole Led Zepplin rip off thing. The guy went through the entire first led zepplin album track by track. After each, or a part of each, song he would play the corresponding original. Only 1 song from Zep's first album was original the rest were ripped off in one way or another. Some more than others. Stairway is a huge rip off also.

And unlike most here I can't stand Led Zepplin. I cringe when I here Robert Plant's whiny shrill voice. He is just continually either crying or having an orgasm in to a mic. It is the most annoying thing on earth.

Panamark
03-21-2009, 01:58 AM
I heard this guy on Howard Stern once that went through this whole Led Zepplin rip off thing. The guy went through the entire first led zepplin album track by track. After each, or a part of each, song he would play the corresponding original. Only 1 song from Zep's first album was original the rest were ripped off in one way or another. Some more than others. Stairway is a huge rip off also.

And unlike most here I can't stand Led Zepplin. I cringe when I here Robert Plant's whiny shrill voice. He is just continually either crying or having an orgasm in to a mic. It is the most annoying thing on earth.

Can you tell me which song Stairway was ripped from ?
Genuinely interested..

chefcraig
03-21-2009, 02:20 AM
...And unlike most here I can't stand Led Zepplin. I cringe when I here Robert Plant's whiny shrill voice. He is just continually either crying or having an orgasm in to a mic. It is the most annoying thing on earth.

Nah, it's not just the fact that you can not even spell Led Zeppelin correctly. Yeah, you are entitled to an opinion...yet come on, what is wrong with doing the research and having an informed idea? The fact is, your generation has all of this music floating about you...rap, dance, noise...old school music are but choices that you can click upon lick a TV remote. Not faulting you at all for the choices you have at this date by the technology available to you, yet come on...is it that difficult to look up some info on the bands you choose to speak about?

Hey, good for you and your simplified life. I'm pleased that you can sum up a performer's career by listening to a sample of his voice. How fortunate for you that rather than witnessing an artist's career as it happened, you can now smugly offer commentary at the snap of a finger.

Shit...God bless you. Yet please do not expect me to respect, let alone give a flying fuck about your intent regarding a singer from thirty years ago. Sorry dude, the weight of history (let alone simple logic) counter-balances anything you have to offer.

SweetSecrets
03-21-2009, 02:31 AM
I don't think the lyrics are THAT bad. They are simple, yes, but not like Sammy lyrics are simple. It's a different kind of simple. Simple necessarily isn't always a bad thing. It still has meaning and feeling to it...."Way down inside...oh honey you need..."

It's more like he's singing straight from feeling, and this is why they are simple lyrics. This sounds like lyrics that were written spur of the moment from feeling in improv...and that is not necessarily bad I don't think. Sammy's lyrics are simple when he's really trying to write because he's a dipshit.

Plant was probably stoned and "feeling" the lyrics as he sang.

I just can't think negatively of Zeppelin in any way! :)

Redballjets88
03-21-2009, 03:04 AM
Nah, it's not just the fact that you can not even spell Led Zeppelin correctly. Yeah, you are entitled to an opinion...yet come on, what is wrong with doing the research and having an informed idea? The fact is, your generation has all of this music floating about you...rap, dance, noise...old school music are but choices that you can click upon lick a TV remote. Not faulting you at all for the choices you have at this date by the technology available to you, yet come on...is it that difficult to look up some info on the bands you choose to speak about?

Hey, good for you and your simplified life. I'm pleased that you can sum up a performer's career by listening to a sample of his voice. How fortunate for you that rather than witnessing an artist's career as it happened, you can now smugly offer commentary at the snap of a finger.

Shit...God bless you. Yet please do not expect me to respect, let alone give a flying fuck about your intent regarding a singer from thirty years ago. Sorry dude, the weight of history (let alone simple logic) counter-balances anything you have to offer.

Are you kidding? Shit man I didn't know you had a mancrush on the guy.

I have heard plenty of their music, it is on non stop, and I do like a couple of their songs. I'm not saying they aren't one of the most, if not the most, influential band ever. I'm saying I don't enjoy hearing Robert Plant whining into a microphone.

Bringing up popular music today is totally pointless also, do you actually think I'm listening to rap, or techno, or pop music? Shit, my favorite band is Van Halen. I have a well informed opinion on most any music one could should me. Like you said with the technology these days it is possible.

cadaverdog
03-21-2009, 04:04 AM
Genuinely interested..

Check out post#10 in this thread .
That link takes you to a site where that song was listed as a rip off
and what song they stole from.

Panamark
03-21-2009, 04:18 AM
Check out post#10 in this thread .
That link takes you to a site where that song was listed as a rip off
and what song they stole from.

Read it, interesting, but not conclusive.
If you strip all components from a song,
its the melody that makes it what it is.
I didnt read anything at that link that
suggested that they ripped the melody
from anyone..

Bands are forever hearing other riffs
and rearranging them in their own way..

That piece on stairway was non
conclusive. If they blatantly ripped
the melody and song, there would have
been some happy little litigation over
the years... Not convinced, sorry....

Sarge
03-21-2009, 11:39 AM
I don't think the lyrics are THAT bad.

I just can't think negatively of Zeppelin in any way! :)

He rhymed Coolin' fooling' and schoolin'

:)

ThrillsNSpills
03-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Genuinely interested..

I don't know if this helps but here goes:

A few days ago, I was listening to Spirit's self-titled debut album (1968), and I was shocked when the fourth song on the album, "Taurus," came on. About a minute or so in, a haunting guitar line emerges out of the ephereal opening: the guitar line of "Stairway to Heaven"! Since Spirit came out a good couple of years before IV, I fumbled around for the liner notes to the Spirit album, and found that Randy California, their guitarist, wrote that people ask him all the time why "Stairway to Heaven" uses the exact same guitar line as "Taurus," and California responds, without any trace of bitterness at all, that Led Zeppelin's first American tour was as the opening act for Spirit, and they often played Spirit songs as part of their set. Neither California nor I would consider it a "rip-off," but instead one of the most blatant liftings of another song by a band known for its reworkings of older songs. In that context it doesn't surprise me, but what does surprise me is that I had never heard of the "Taurus" connection before. Has anybody else heard about this? Anyone know the song "Taurus"? If you haven't, download it from itunes and let me know what you think.
Listology: The Murky Origins of "Stairway to Heaven" (http://www.listology.com/content_show.cfm/content_id.22762/Music)

katie
03-21-2009, 03:51 PM

Sarge,

Steve Marriot from the Small Faces rhymed those words not Plant.

Listen to the 'All My Loving' Small Faces track from this thread.

Plant lifted whole lines and the phrashing as well.

cadaverdog
03-21-2009, 04:24 PM

You left out droolin'.

cadaverdog
03-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Read it, interesting, but not conclusive.
If you strip all components from a song,
its the melody that makes it what it is.
I didnt read anything at that link that
suggested that they ripped the melody
from anyone..

Bands are forever hearing other riffs
and rearranging them in their own way..

That piece on stairway was non
conclusive. If they blatantly ripped
the melody and song, there would have
been some happy little litigation over
the years... Not convinced, sorry....

It's not like nobody's ever ripped off Zeppelin.
The most blatant is Barracuda by Heart.
Sound almost exactly like Achilles Last Stand.
Any site dedicated to others ripping off Zep?

Matt White
03-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Willie Dixon was the first guy to actually go down and register as the author of many Classic blues songs...songs that had been performed in public for decades...and he got the credit for writting them because he had the good fortune of being the guy who registered them first...even though he didn't write many of them...so I'm not shedding any tears for Willie....

Matt White
03-21-2009, 05:24 PM
It's not like nobody's ever ripped off Zeppelin.

No kidding...almost every band that came after them lifted something....

chefcraig
03-21-2009, 05:51 PM
No kidding...almost every band that came after them lifted something....

Matt, do you remember these nitwits? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-happy-smileys-819.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKJiVPt-KRQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKJiVPt-KRQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ThrillsNSpills
03-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Matt, do you remember these nitwits? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-happy-smileys-819.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKJiVPt-KRQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKJiVPt-KRQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Was that song the one that inspired Led Clones?

chefcraig
03-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Was that song the one that inspired Led Clones?

I believe so, as the timing is about right (1989).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2G5zfM2k3v4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2G5zfM2k3v4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Panamark
03-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks for further input, but I'm sticking to what I said.
I hear *EXACT* sections of guitaring in different songs
by different bands. There is after all just 12 notes. This
is a constant struggle for songwriters to try and create
something that doesnt immediately conjure images
of another existing composition.

But its the *MELODY* that is the song.

Spirit Taurus and the Randy Dandy's could play a freakin
whole verse of same guitar notes as Led Zep, but
its the melody, lyrics and singing of Robert Plant that
make the song what it is..
Not to mention one of the best outro solos I have
ever heard in my life. I guess Spirit taurus and
the Randy Dandy's wrote that too ??
Oh well, Im sure they took it to court (seeing as
its apparently so blatant) and won enough
money to retire. Coz frankly I havent heard of
these fuckers in my life....

You can look at cases such as George Harrisons
"My Sweet Lord" Vs "He's so fine" by the Chiffons.
Here was a band and record company that had
gone bankrupt, but Harrison had heard the song
and admitted later that he must of subconciously,
unaware, "copied" it into what we now know as
My Sweet Lord. The judge ruled the two songs
sounded so identical that the company "Bright Tunes"
won the case..

What Im saying is if a broke consortium as above
had a genuine case of plageurism, then "taurus
spirit and whoever the fuck Randy" would have
taken this to court by now. Every man and his dog knows
Led Zep would probably be the second wealthiest band
after the Beatles... If they "blatantly lifted your track"
would you sit back and do fuck all ??
Shit any freaken lawyer I have had the misfortune to
meet would rub his hands in glee in a pro gratia deal
for these nobodies on a case like this...

Still not convinced.

I don't know if this helps but here goes:

A few days ago, I was listening to Spirit's self-titled debut album (1968), and I was shocked when the fourth song on the album, "Taurus," came on. About a minute or so in, a haunting guitar line emerges out of the ephereal opening: the guitar line of "Stairway to Heaven"! Since Spirit came out a good couple of years before IV, I fumbled around for the liner notes to the Spirit album, and found that Randy California, their guitarist, wrote that people ask him all the time why "Stairway to Heaven" uses the exact same guitar line as "Taurus," and California responds, without any trace of bitterness at all, that Led Zeppelin's first American tour was as the opening act for Spirit, and they often played Spirit songs as part of their set. Neither California nor I would consider it a "rip-off," but instead one of the most blatant liftings of another song by a band known for its reworkings of older songs. In that context it doesn't surprise me, but what does surprise me is that I had never heard of the "Taurus" connection before. Has anybody else heard about this? Anyone know the song "Taurus"? If you haven't, download it from itunes and let me know what you think.
Listology: The Murky Origins of "Stairway to Heaven" (http://www.listology.com/content_show.cfm/content_id.22762/Music)

ThrillsNSpills
03-21-2009, 06:53 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-U38BXsMGs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-U38BXsMGs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's cool Mark. Here's this anyway.

Reverberator
03-21-2009, 07:05 PM
It dosn't matter if they ripped off or didn't , Pagey is a genius song writer / riff meister and his musical knowledge , swagger and use of non standard tunings are the stuff of legend.

Don't diss the Zep...it's all about the bigger picture.... eh?

hideyoursheep
03-21-2009, 07:15 PM

I remember them!

I was in a club in Louisville and sat next to the singer in the back bar..when I didn't recognize him, he introduced himself, and was whining about some shit I couldn't understand because I was drunk, and he had a really thick accent..then I tore into him for being a Plant wanna-be for a few seconds until his goons ran me off!

Warrant was there that night also, but I think I got thrown out for dancing on the tables before I could get to them.

Now you know why I don't drink..:bottle:

Panamark
03-21-2009, 08:15 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-U38BXsMGs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-U38BXsMGs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yeah thats very similar. No doubt.
Yet why dont they post the rest of the song ?
I dont hear any singing going down there at
all... I bet the two songs in their entirety dont
sound as close as this one guitar part.

Otherwise, sue the fuck out of LZ. That is one
big gold pot that can be raided...

Is there a story on why they didnt sue ?
I'll bet its because, technically the riff
isnt 100&#37; the same, and the jury would
listen to the entire compositions.

If you play guitar, and know this song,
you would know this is just one part
that occupies the intro and the first
part of the first two verses from memory.

You never hear it again after Plant starts
singing "And it makes me wonder"

The more predominant riff is the one they
use where he starts singing "Theres a feeling
I get" This is based on C G/C and Am and
is nothing like the intro riff. The majority of the
song is then this riff, alternating with the Am D thing
with the g d c played up at the 7th and 5th frets..
Then the big heavy finale with the Am G F
(and that awesome solo)

So even taking in the similarities, its only
a small part of the overall song,

If you listen to this, Jimmy even puts more
variation in that makes the two sound
less similar.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19hn6_led-zeppelin-stairway-to-heaven_music

Dudes, seriously if Stairway (in its entirety was ripped) and
you were the original composer, (its the single most requested
song on radio, on earth !) You would be a freakin millionaire
after litigation....

Terry
03-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Yet one needs to define "owning up". Yes, the band paid up, however it wasn't as if the Zep members suddenly decided to be altruistic. Remember, Dixon not only had to sue the label he was signed with, he then had to sue the Zep band themselves in order to gain rightful credit and compensation.

While I will agree that Zep's version of "owning up" was a bit meager, and I was remiss for not pointing this out, I'd still prefer if you just put a sock in it and showed me your tits;)

chefcraig
03-21-2009, 09:07 PM
While I will agree that Zep's version of "owning up" was a bit meager, and I was remiss for not pointing this out, I'd still prefer if you just put a sock in it and showed me your tits;)

To tell ya the truth, it's fairly difficult to find images of this woman where she's actually wearing any clothes. Do a google search for the name Merilyn Sakova or Anya Zenkova (the names are fairly interchangeable). Oh, and remember that roughly 97% of her images are NSFW.

78/84 guy
03-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Zeppelin ripped off so much stuff it's crazy !! Still the original stuff make's up for it. I put Jimmy up there as one of the most important musican's of all time. I have a CD of some of the original song's they ripped off. Some of it is cool. What I hated about it is Plant running around 15 year's ago slamming alot of band's like Whitesnake & Great White for being ripoff band's when they did the same thing !! They did do their own thing with the stuff they ripped off at least.

SweetSecrets
03-21-2009, 10:20 PM

Yea, I totally get that one...but still, i dunno, it seems like its different to me.

I mean take a look at the "Dreams" lyrics and try not to cringe...

"We'll get higher and higher...straight up we'll climb...higher and higher".

I mean, that is just gay! I don't EVER get that kind of vibe from the Zep lyrics no matter how simple they are!! :)

SweetSecrets
03-21-2009, 10:24 PM

Okay, that is just nothing like "Stairway" to me. I get what you are saying here but it is just a tiny little bit that sounds similar.

cadaverdog
03-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Yea, I totally get that one...but still, i dunno, it seems like its different to me.

I mean take a look at the "Dreams" lyrics and try not to cringe...

"We'll get higher and higher...straight up we'll climb...higher and higher".

I mean, that is just gay! I don't EVER get that kind of vibe from the Zep lyrics no matter how simple they are!! :)
I shot your avatar.
It was mad dogging me.

Panamark
03-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Ahh two nice head shots on bastardson !!
Im da man :D

Panamark
03-21-2009, 11:41 PM
And in closing your honor....

I present my final piece of supporting evidence...

Case dismissed !

(BTW these guys are Aussies, funny stuff)

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHBVnMf2t7w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHBVnMf2t7w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

SweetSecrets
03-22-2009, 06:28 AM
And in closing your honor....

I present my final piece of supporting evidence...

Case dismissed !

(BTW these guys are Aussies, funny stuff)

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHBVnMf2t7w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHBVnMf2t7w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Well said Panababe! You can't argue with that!

Matt White
03-23-2009, 11:37 AM
You've got to be musically retarded to not like LED ZEPPELIN....and probably a closet Van Haggis fan.....