PDA

View Full Version : Flea will induct Metallica, Page will induct Beck

Top Jimmy
03-20-2009, 01:14 PM
LED ZEPPELIN's Jimmy Page will induct Jeff Beck and Flea of the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS will do the honors for METALLICA at the sold-out Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony Saturday, April 4, at Public Auditorium in Cleveland, Ohio. The event will be televised live on Fuse and available online at Fuse.tv - Get your music on. Videos, artist interviews and Fuse TV shows (http://www.fuse.tv).

Inductees were chosen by the 600 voters of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. Artists are eligible for inclusion in the hall of fame 25 years after their first recordings are released.

In a late 2008 interview with Rolling Stone magazine about the band's nomination for induction, METALLICA frontman James Hetfield was asked who will be onstage with METALLICA when they get inducted. "Everyone that played on a record should be there," he said. "You're considered for the Hall 25 years after your first recording, not after you formed." After being told that this would omit Dave Mustaine, Hetfield replied, "He wasn't on a record. Jason Newsted [former METALLICA bassist] should be up there — he was in the band for 14 years and played on quite a few records. And so should Robert [Trujillo; current METALLICA bassist]." Asked if it will be weird to be there with Jason, Hetfield said, "There's no reason for it to be weird. We don't want to be part of the soap opera of the Hall of Fame. Everybody wants a train wreck, like with BLONDIE onstage arguing over crap [in 2006]. That really cheapens the moment."

Matt White
03-20-2009, 03:46 PM
PAGE & BECK

I'm in............

atomicpunk5151
03-20-2009, 05:51 PM
That interview with James is a bit old from last year (2008). Metallica actually did ask Dave Mustaine to be at the RnR HOF ceremony last month.

Dave made a post about it a few weeks ago on megdeth.com

He said he was honored, but was on tour with Priest and couldn't make it. Seems they have buried the hatchet a bit after the SKOM movie.

WACF
03-20-2009, 05:57 PM
That interview with James is a bit old from last year (2008). Metallica actually did ask Dave Mustaine to be at the RnR HOF ceremony last month.

Dave made a post about it a few weeks ago on megdeth.com

He said he was honored, but was on tour with Priest and couldn't make it. Seems they have buried the hatchet a bit after the SKOM movie.

Mustaine seemed pretty pleased to be invited...too bad he could not make it.

Panamark
03-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Time after Time, what you really want to see,
you never fucking get to :talktothehand:

Mustaine with Newstead and the rest of the Metallica
crew together would have been cool....

Fuckit !

WACF
03-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Flea is kind of an odd choice for Metallica are they not?

atomicpunk5151
03-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Flea is kind of an odd choice for Metallica are they not?

They are good friends. Also last year Metallica played Flea's benefit down in LA at the Wiltern. Flea also got up on stage and got to play his favorite Metallica song (Fight Fire with Fire) on Bass with the band.

Aud video: YouTube - Metallica - Fight Fire With Fire (w/Flea) 2008 - VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYEHoPkx08E)

PRO SHOT tuning room + live on stage: YouTube - Metallica - Fight Fire With Fire W/ Flea Pro Shot Soundboard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmYkW-HXjaY)

binnie
03-24-2009, 03:26 AM
I wonder if Newsted will get up and play with them?

Hellraiser!!
03-24-2009, 09:32 AM
This is really fucked up for Flea and Page....

Fuck the RnR hall of shit!!

WACF
03-25-2009, 02:11 AM
Nice to see Hetfield speak out on this....

Metallica Frontman Discusses His Rock Hall Wish List | Rock News | Eddie Trunk (http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/407681/pid/400512)

23-Mar-09Metallica Frontman Discusses His Rock Hall Wish List
Submitted by: Dana

Metallica's James Hetfield has told MTV.com that he's got an entire list of hard-rock acts that he believes should be joining his band in the Rock and Hall of Fame — and he's not afraid to ruffle a few feathers to help their cause.
"Motötrhead, for sure, Deep Purple, Rush, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and even stuff before that ... Steppenwolf. It's crazy that Ted Nugent is not there; that dude is about as rock and roll as it gets. Alice Cooper, KISS ... that's a pretty good list," he said. "These are bands that represent history and mean a lot to so many people. I think that alone means they should be in there too."

Regarding Metallica's upcoming induction, Hetfield said, "It's very cool. I think we've paid our dues, and we've got a few fans who probably think the same thing. There's a lot of gratitude around it, the fact that we were acknowledged, and that, hopefully, we can help get some heavy music in. [Ideally] we'd kick the door open even further for some friends of ours — we've got a lot of friends that want to come in and be noted and represent a big part of rock and roll history."

Read the entire story at: Metallica's James Hetfield Makes His Rock Hall Wish List - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1607484/20090321/metallica.jhtml).

source: blabbermouth.net

Top Jimmy
03-27-2009, 06:34 PM
ok, I just read that, even though Dave Mustaine won't be there,
they will be having Ron McGovney (1st bassist) there??

If it's true that Mustaine turned them down,he's an ass.

He had something to do with the foundation/creation of this band,
and should show up and take his bow....

Enough with the bitter bullshit.

HEY DAVE MUSTAINE - BE A FUCKIN' MAN and SHOW UP!

What a pussy.

I think it's cool that Cliff Burton's dad will be there for his son,
way cool.

I also think that it's more than appropriate to jam with Newsted.

I hope they don't give Trujillo the boot and re-hire Jason...
would be a HUGE mistake...HUGE.

Trujillo is 10x the bassist that Newsted is...
just watch the Ozzy live footage with Jason....horrible.

But again...
Dave Mustaine is a STRAIGHT OUT PUSSY if he was actually invited but refused.