• Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The New Chapter 33 GI Bill for Veterans Serving After 9/11

Originally posted by alicebowie
    After Viet Nam they changed the rules on who's eligable for benefits and
    who isn't .You must spend 24 complete months of consecutive active duty to
    qualify.If you're a reservist and get called to active duty and serve even
    one day less than 24 complete you're assed out.There is girl in my home town that's been fighting for her benefits for 2 years and she was only 1 day short.
    If it doesn't say discharged early for the good of the service on your dd-214
    you're screwed.
    Reservists have their own set of benefits, and may qualify under the new EXCELLENT Chapter 33 GI Bill...

I encourage anyone who served after September 11th, 2001 to read about their potential educational benefits under this new bill...

And certain less than Honorable Discharges can be later amended...

New GI Bill Overview - Education - Military.com

PDF file: http://www.gibill.va.gov/pamphlets/C...3_Pamphlet.pdf

The new bill goes into effect in August 1st of this year, and will pay for the COMPLETE SCHOOLING of veterans who served honorably...
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I've decided this needs its own separate thread and stickied!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Yeah, they changed their intentions on transferring the benefits to dependents from their previous draft, that screws me a little....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Yeah, they changed their intentions on transferring the benefits to dependents from their previous draft, that screws me a little....

That sucks, sorry to hear about that.
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• I8OU812
          Full On Cocktard
          • Apr 2009

I haven't read the article yet, but I've heard a lot about the new GI Bill. I qualify for it, and if what I hear is true, then life just got a bit easier for me (and right now, life is admittedly already a cake walk).

Comment

Working...