X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

WELCOME BACK DAVE! MTV clip IN FULL

Transferring a bunch of old VHS to DVD over the weekend and I came across this. Full version of the MTV Welcome Back commercial that I recorded. Only found one other on YouTube and they only have half of it. Sorry for the poor quality, but it was recorded on a crappy vhs 13 years ago. Better than nothing I suppose. ENJOY!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qiPf7ubjk4Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qiPf7ubjk4Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”
  • indeedido
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

that spot was the coolest thing MTV ever did
    This space for rent.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

I thought it was stupid!

Comment

• Blaze
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

That is cool. I have never seen it. Welcome back Carter was a great kids show.
        Did I ever tell you about...
        How I imagined of going back and being a school teacher in East Saint Louis, where I was born, by chance. I have since realized it requires getting in front of a group larger than 3. . To me, the amount of work and influence a teacher has on students (young and old) makes teacher one of the most noble professions.

On a side note, Barbarino and Epstein were Nutsy Cuckoo!
        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
        sigpic

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
          That is cool. I have never seen it. Welcome back Carter was a great kids show.
          Did I ever tell you about...
          How I imagined of going back and being a school teacher in East Saint Louis, where I was born, by chance. I have since realized it requires getting in front of a group larger than 3. . To me, the amount of work and influence a teacher has on students (young and old) makes teacher one of the most noble professions.
          In a way, Dave was the teacher for an entire generation of rock lead singers. Although most failed his course miserably.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

True dat!
            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
            sigpic

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Hey Thanks Sadaist !

I have been hearing about that for years but
              have never seen it before.. Geez, no wonder
              everyone thought the reunion was definately
              happening again... What a major buzz kill
              when it turned out to be "Phony Cheronie
              who rode the Baloney Pony"
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                Hey Thanks Sadaist !

I have been hearing about that for years but
                have never seen it before.. Geez, no wonder
                everyone thought the reunion was definately
                happening again... What a major buzz kill
                when it turned out to be "Phony Cheronie
                who rode the Baloney Pony"
                No doubt. Major fucking buzzkill. Especially after the two BOV1 tracks were released, and showed the promise they did (even if the music was a bit Van Hagarish, Dave Rothed them up and made them the most worthwhile things to come out of 5150 studios since 1984).

To get everyone's expectations up to a fever-pitch by getting back together with Dave for those songs, only to then turn around, whine about Dave's ego (Dave Roth? Ego? No shit!) and stick Cherone in there...man, if the Van Halens had been INTENTIONALLY trying to sabotage their careers they couldn't have done it much better.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

I seem to remember a black and white cartoon-ish segment of sketches following the 1996 debacle that ran on MTV, where the Van Halens and Cherone were talking to some guy who ran a restaurant or something...the chords to More Than Words are played, Eddie says "Gary, if you play that song one more time, you're out of the band!" and Dave is washing dishes in the restaurant...shows a head-shot drawing of Roth with the "bozybozybopdedebop" bit from Just A Gigilo played over it...

Anyone else remember seeing that?
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• WARF
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Fuck Ray Danniels!

Comment

• thome
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Mar 2005

I thought it was stupid too!

Because I knew what it would do to Ed (seeing the commercial)...

[ "See Dave is taking over ......it's all about Dave ......There isn't one pic hardly of any of us..... I am Van Halen...it looks like Dave is saving my career......now I remember why we split...... Dave is the focus of Vah Halen well I am not standing for that...... fukkk Dave ...goddammit...

The Edwardian Meltdown ]

As for me, thome.... that would be me, thome....

But.. so be............. it ... annnnnnnd....that'ssssssssssssss the way it was 1996...I don't care anymore about the old issues I only am gratefull that they have been able to see the Humor of it ALL!! May they always somehow find a smile thru all the stuffy stuff or at least a giggle and a Dang! Then start the day with a well let's try not to do that anymore...as in fukking up.

Cause I am a Fukking Fan You KNOW...

and I am perfect....

Burying the hatchet so to speak of a few dudes has never made me happier than Roth and VH....mondo good stuff to be had from these cats...

Mutha On!

Comment

• hitch1969©
                        Sniper
                        • Mar 2003

yo dude...

and again, thanks.

but anyway, how about a full on AVI or MPEG rip/download from your dvd for the team?

youtube is crappy but you can improve on that

be the best that you can be my friend.

thanks in advance-

=h=
                        ...get your hitchworld on.

Comment

• hitch1969©
                          Sniper
                          • Mar 2003

ps that fuckin thing gave me chills.

"what could have been..." and "what was"

the fucking lies from the van halen brothers.....

fuck that shit pisses me off.

Comment

• hitch1969©
                            Sniper
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                            I seem to remember a black and white cartoon-ish segment of sketches following the 1996 debacle that ran on MTV, where the Van Halens and Cherone were talking to some guy who ran a restaurant or something...the chords to More Than Words are played, Eddie says "Gary, if you play that song one more time, you're out of the band!" and Dave is washing dishes in the restaurant...shows a head-shot drawing of Roth with the "bozybozybopdedebop" bit from Just A Gigilo played over it...

Anyone else remember seeing that?

terry, that's a flash video produced by (?) back in that day i think

havent watched it in awhile i may be wrong

Comment

• hitch1969©
                              Sniper
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by hitch1969©
                              terry, that's a flash video produced by (?) back in that day i think

havent watched it in awhile i may be wrong
                              ok just watched it maybe i was wrong sorry about that beavis

Comment

Working...