X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

It was 24 years ago today.....

David Lee Roth officially leaves Van Halen.

Discuss...

Personally, I was in Japan by this time, so honestly I didn't hear ANYTHING about it until I read that Bette was the new lead singer....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Douglas T.
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Looking at the silver lining we got that awesome reunion series! LOL! We can only wonder what they would have done if they'de stuck together! I don't imagine the material would have been as gay as Van Hagar!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

You just had to dredge up that awful anniversary, didn't you?

No reason to rehash history!

I still want to meet 'em in the future.....not the pasture!
      Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Full Bug
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

I still remember when I heard, at first I didnt believe it until I read it in the newspaper, I was 15 at the time and was really pissed off, a full blown VH fanatic at the time, most of my bedroom walls were plastered with VH pics from Hit Parader, ect, ahhh to be a clueless teenager again....That and the fact I missed the 1984 tour.....
        Last edited by Full Bug; 04-01-2009, 12:10 PM.
        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Full Bug
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Damm double post....
          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
            Commando
            • May 2004

I remember being really pissed because I had read an open letter from Roth in Hit Parader or Circus magazine. In the letter he stated he had no plans to leave VH due to the success of their 1984 World Tour. A few months later I am watching Ed and Fatgar jamming onstage at Farm Aid. The Writing was on the wall.

Comment

• wiseguy
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
              I still remember when I heard, at first I didnt believe it until I read it in the newspaper, I was 15 at the time and was really pissed off, a full blown VH fanatic at the time, most of my bedroom walls were plastered with VH pics from Hit Parader, ect, ahhh to be a clueless teenager again....That and the fact I missed the 1984 tour.....
              Same...Van Halen plastered everywhere, in my locker on my binders. My bedroom was a shrine to Dave. Then I heard on the local radio at the time the DJ introduce "California Girls by David Lee Roth...the FORMER lead singer of Van Halen". My Dad laughed. I was sick to my stomache for a week. I have since shot my Dad 4 times, dead cold.
              Not really, but the thought crossed my mind at 16.

It worked out for the best because much like my previous relationships, Van Halen with Dave Roth would not have made it another 24 years anyway you slice it.
              Stay frosty now.
              Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

When I get pissed that he left and think about what they left on the table I just listen to Eat Em & Smile and it helps ease the pain !! Great cd !!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

One of Rocks biggest tragedy's. 20 years of Van hagar...Pfft..what a waste of a once Mighty band!
                  Glad I saved my money every year in the CVH days for tickets each year!
                  '80/'81/'82/'84
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I refused to believe it until I saw the first video with some
                    gay poodle headed screaching gay fucker singing "why cant
                    this be love". That was the dreaded moment when denial
                    was ripped from my guts.
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

And to think of the heights they could've achieved. In 1984 the whole fuckin world knew of Van Halen.
                      The next few albums could've been amazing. There's NO way I could see them putting out fluffy pop rock like they proceded to do with The Round Rocket.

FUCK SAMMY AND FUCK VAN HAGAR !!!

LONG LIVE VAN HALEN!!!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

I couldn't figure that one out....

I still can't figure it out.

VH turned to shit.

Dave had to do something...

Ever notice that whenever Dave released a new album, Van Haggis was right behind him?

Except for YFLM and DLR band.

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Grate Cover !
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Thanks!

If big annoying siggy's were allowed, that RS cover would be it!

Comment

Working...