X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Chickenshit 2007 - Hagar full of shit

Did I blink and miss it, or just didnt give a fuck ??

Heres an article about Chickentshit 2007 and Hagar's
    predictions on the HOF and Van Halen...
    (What a surprise - he's full of crap !)

Count the mistakes !!
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Hagar Hoping Van Halen Takes High Road At Rock Hall
    Sammy Hagar

January 08, 2007, 8:05 PM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit
    Van Halen's appearance at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony on March 12 "could go a lot of different ways," according to Sammy Hagar. That said, Hagar -- the group's second frontman, from 1985-96 -- tells Billboard.com he has high hopes that the famously combative group will take the high road on that particular night.

"My hope is that everyone lets everything go and we go there in complete respect of each other and in a loving way, with the attitude that 'I couldn't have done it without you' towards everybody," says Hagar, who received the official word of Van Halen's selection at his Cabo Wabo Cantina in Mexico, where he and Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony have spent the past week jamming with Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith in a newly developing side project called Chickenfoot.

But he also notes that, "The biggest fear for me is there'll be animosity and 'I won't talk to that guy' and maybe some harsh words towards each other or some sly remarks in speeches ... and it's not out of the question that that could happen. But in the end, no matter what happens, when you hear the music you're gonna go, 'That's one of the greatest rock'n'roll bands in the world, ever, and well-deserved the inauguration into the Hall of Fame."

Hagar says he hadn't spoken to anyone other than Anthony about the induction but planned to put in a congratulatory call to drummer Alex Van Halen. He expects that manager Irving Azoff "is gonna try to spin everyone together somehow" and says he'll "go with the flow" with induction ceremony plans, which Hagar expects will include a live Van Halen performance.

However, Hagar deemed talk of a Van Halen tour this year with original frontman David Lee Roth and guitarist Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang on bass speculative and voiced concern for that particular turn in the band's course.

"Wolfie's a great guy; I love Wolfie. But I don't think Van Halen should bring a 15-year-old kid to replace Sam, Dave and Michael Anthony," Hagar says. "That's a lot of pressure for Wolfie. Just 'cause he's Eddie's son doesn't mean he can go out and play in arenas and perform and entertain an audience for two hours. I would love to see Eddie and Alex get behind Wolfie, with a kid of his age singing, and produce the record for him and help him launch a career. I'd rather see it go that way than come out and say 'Wolfie's the bass player in Van Halen and maybe singing, too.' Van Halen's got way too much history to have that put on him."
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

(taken from Billboard website)
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Panamark
        I would love to see Eddie and Alex get behind Wolfie, with a kid of his age singing, and produce the record for him and help him launch a career. I'd rather see it go that way than come out and say 'Wolfie's the bass player in Van Halen and maybe singing, too.' Van Halen's got way too much history to have that put on him."

I agree with that totally...

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Elvis agreed with Hagar, quick get him !!
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

There's something imorale about rehashing chicken shit spewed from Hagar over a year ago... like most crap it should have biodegraded long time ago!!
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Yeah Zahzoo, I was genuinely surprised that i stumbled across this at Billboard
              yesterday.
              I didnt know they had been together since the HOF ??? WTF ???
              I think the decay has started now people have heard their music.

I found this article interesting as Hagar made all these predictions
              (coz he was booted from Van Hagar) and none of them came
              true... You could tell he totally believed the whole Van Halen
              with Dave and Wolf thing would crash and burn....
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                Yeah Zahzoo, I was genuinely surprised that i stumbled across this at Billboard
                yesterday.
                I didnt know they had been together since the HOF ??? WTF ???
                I think the decay has started now people have heard their music.

I found this article interesting as Hagar made all these predictions
                (coz he was booted from Van Hagar) and none of them came
                true... You could tell he totally believed the whole Van Halen
                with Dave and Wolf thing would crash and burn....

The article did say at that point (Jan 2007) Chickenfoot was just being formed, so it's not like they've been together for 2 years in their present form.

Yes, Sam's comments and predictions for Van Halen 2007-2008 were far from the mark. Am sure he and Mike assumed that Ed and Dave wouldn't be able to get it together enough to actually tour. Especially when it was postponed for over half a year so Ed could go into rehab. When they finally did hit the road, sold out virtually everywhere they went and left the 2004 Van Hagar tour earnings and stats in the fucking dust, it must have been a weenie-shrinking moment for Red Tubs and Hot Sauce.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Sammy's mantoris inverted !
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

We need to get a smilie created for No Chickenshit Threads in Main....

[ You've got more important things to think about Marky, I know you're distracted.... ]
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Its the hormones

At the time of reading it I thought it fell more in the "Slam Hagar" category.
                      But will move it as it mentions chicketshit..... I agree, we shouldnt have that crap in Main. Fuck Chickenshit.
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Couple of new songs posted on facebook... despite the singing, Down the Drain ain't bad... Satch's guitar work is pretty decent.

Scroll down on the left to the music player.

Chickenfoot | Facebook

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Do I really have too ???

I listened to the first few bars of one of their songs
                          and it was horrible. I find it extremely difficult knowingly
                          listening to a hagar song ! (I have been known to smash stereos
                          when hagar has come on accidentally in the past)
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Well no one is holding a gun to your head...

I guess it's morbid curiousity... like not being able to drive by a car wreck without slowing down to get a good look.

It's a shame to have Hagar flappin his trap on that music. But Satriani has a real nice brown sound to his tone and a cool dark vibe. Chad 's drumming is solid rock work. Mike's bass in the two songs posted is positioned in the front of the mix and drives it.

I know I'm a sick fuck for checking it out and discussing it here... It's a dirty job.

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

LOL !

Zahzoo listens to Chickenshit, quick get him !!

Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...