AC/DC Still Rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC/DC Still Rocks

Just watching a video boot of AC/DC ( get it here, yes I'm seeding.... The Traders' Den ) taped in Madison Square Garden in November, great to see the band can still bring it, and gotta hand it to Angus Young, 54 and looking every bit, but the guy still plays and rocks like he is 30, in my mind this guy is a legend, and deserves it, who can still rock like that mid 50's? A few I'm sure, but very cool....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Can't wait until they come back around. Looking forward to seeing them again!

Comment

Ya gonna give us your login details to that site, Bug
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

The footage I've seen of their recent gigs has surprised me by how good they still are live.

I was very disappointed with 'Black Ice' though...
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Originally posted by Panamark View Post
          Link doesnt work if your not a logged in member? Sorry, didnt realize that....
          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

It is a free sign up. There are still a few seeders if you want to DL it.

I think all the youtube clips may have been pulled. The version you want is from NYBC (New York Bitch Committe).

Comment

Just announced, July 31st at Giants Stadium.... No other acts....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by binnie View Post
                I was very disappointed with 'Black Ice' though...
                Disappointed as compared to what? Surely you thought it was better than Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip.
                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
                  It is a free sign up. There are still a few seeders if you want to DL it.

I think all the youtube clips may have been pulled. The version you want is from NYBC (New York Bitch Committe).

Everytime I sign up to anything I get a directly proportional
                  increase in spammage.... Unless you can use a bogus email
                  I keep these to a minimum..
                  BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

I was very disappointed with 'Black Ice' though...[/QUOTE]

I think Black Ice is great !! They could have left off a couple song's but WTF it's their best songwriting since Razor's Edge. Sound like classic AC/DC to me !!

Comment

Everytime I sign up to anything I get a directly proportional
                      increase in spammage.... Unless you can use a bogus email
                      I keep these to a minimum..
                      I can tell you as far as I know after signing up there, I have never received another email from them....Do they sell that email to someone else? Who knows....
                      I have got alot of great shows from there though, from classic Heart, classic Supertramp, lots of others, even got a show of Gordon Lightfoot for the wife, great site....
                      The site was hacked, new link here: http://www.tradersden.org/forums/
                      Last edited by Full Bug; 04-19-2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Thank you 78/84. Yeah, i'm down with that. I couldn't get Black Ice out of my car cd player for about 2 weeks. Kick F'n Ass.

Comment

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
                          Disappointed as compared to what? Surely you thought it was better than Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip.
                          Well, I suppose my expectations were too high - with the exception of 'Razor's Edge', pretty much everything since 'Flick of the Switch' has been mediocre at best.

However, I liked the rawer, bluesier sound on SUL - it had a warmer feel to it, more charisma to these ears. It felt like they were a bar band again (albeit an older, slightly slower one )

'Black Ice' isn't a disaster by any means, it's just so average. If I was been harsh, I'd say that the likes of 'Rock N Roll Train' are AC/DC-by-numbers - plodding and ponderous. I just wish they'd gone with quality over quantity - who needs 15 songs on an AC/DC album? Brendan O Brien's production has robbed the guitars of some of their power too, IMO, but this is Brian Jonson's best vocal performance for years.

When you're as great as AC/DC are though, it really doesn't matter what you put out at this stage of your career.
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

That makes sense. I really liked Fly on the Wall and Razor's Edge. Other than that, it was pretty mediocre. I also agree they could have cut Black Ice down a bit to make it more solid cover to cover.

Comment

Working...
                            X