X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Ed Schultz gets 6PM ET show on MSNBC

They're built up quite the nighttime lineup....

Ed Schultz to join MSNBC - MSNBC TV- msnbc.com

Ed Schultz to join MSNBC

Veteran talk radio host will anchor 6 p.m. EST hour

PRESS RELEASE
    MSNBC
    updated 9:17 p.m. ET, Wed., April. 1, 2009

Veteran talk radio host Ed Schultz joins MSNBC as host of "The Ed Show," premiering on Monday, April 6. "The Ed Show" will air weekdays, 6-7 p.m. ET. The announcement was made today by Phil Griffin, President, MSNBC.

"I am thrilled to have Ed kicking-off our primetime lineup," said Griffin. "Ed's proven that he can connect with Americans and will be a perfect compliment to Chris, Keith, and Rachel. He's already made his mark on radio and I'm excited to see what he'll do with the 6 p.m. hour."

"I'm excited to have this opportunity with MSNBC," said Schultz. "I look forward to having a day to day discussion with fellow Americans on issues that really matter to all of us."

David Shuster, currently hosting "1600 Pennsylvania Avenue" at 6 p.m. ET on MSNBC, will join Tamron Hall as host of a new 3-5 p.m. ET program on MSNBC. Shuster will also continue to anchor breaking news coverage during the day and serve as a regular substitute anchor for "Countdown with Keith Olbermann." Norah O'Donnell's hour will move to the morning. The exact hour will be announced at a later date.

A veteran of 30 years in broadcasting and the radio industry's top rated progressive talker, Schultz is also the host of the syndicated radio program "The Ed Schultz Show," airing live weekdays from noon — 3 p.m. ET with a weekly audience of more than 3 million listeners on 100 stations across the country. Schultz has been the breakthrough talent in an industry dominated by conservative voices. As an avid voice for the middle class Schultz will bring his hard-hitting style to MSNBC.

Schultz has won three Eric Sevareid Awards and has managed and been lead talent for a team that won two Marconis and a prestigious Peabody Award. He has been named one of the top ten radio hosts in the country by "Talkers" magazine in each of the last two years. In 2007, Schultz was nominated for Syndicated News/Talk Personality of the year by "Radio & Records."

Schultz is the author of "Straight Talk from the Heartland" published in 2004.

Schultz is a graduate of Minnesota State University Moorhead where he led the nation in passing and achieved All-American status as a quarterback at MSUM. Schultz and his wife Wendy have six children. His son Dave Schultz is a professional golfer on the PGA Nationwide tour. He shares his passion for hunting, fishing and flying with his large family.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

God I hate that buffoon.

He's an idiot, and his callers are 9 times out of 10 more informed about the day's events than he is.

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

A Thom Hartmann show would have been a better idea. But if Schultz does what he told Keith Olbermann he was going to do last night - use his TV show to discuss labor & working class issues, then I suppose that's a good thing. Especially since nobody else on TV is doing any such thing. How much of that he'll be allowed to get away with by GE and their corporate sponsors is another matter entirely.

Schultz has improved somewhat from his "read the DLC talking points verbatim off the script" days back in 2004, but I'm still pissed about that KPTK forum where he accused Mike Malloy of being "anti-semitic" because he dared to criticize Israel's massacre of Lebanon that was taking place at the time.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Big Eddie likes to talk about Big Eddie. And fishing.

I doubt he could name the 3 branches of our government without being spotted the first 2.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

He struck me as being a MOR guy.

Notice how his radio show is on 100 stations to Rush and Hannazi's 3-500 +

I'll give it 3 months.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

If MOR is shorthand for MORONIC....

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
              If MOR is shorthand for MORONIC....

I Tee'd that one up just for you..

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Wow!

Something we all agree on...

Comment

• frank234
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Apr 2009

sure here go the show . haha
                  Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes.
                  eve isk for sale

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    Wow!

Something we all agree on...

Got your meds straightened out from the other day, I see.....

Comment

Working...